The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Give Gud Hockey Net-Deal.

Nuxfanabroad

The Canucks need a player with his skill set.  With the right partner, he will be a very solid player for the team.  He is still young and when the Canucks get back to the playoffs he will shine.  In a trade right now his value couldn't be lower.  You are talking about a 2nd round pick and a 4th maybe.  What would be the point of that? 

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Reasonable OTC.long as we don't get shafted with nuthin.

Nice to see the guy wakin' up tho...

yeah, thought he was good this game. I just don't see him fitting into our future core. The Canucks need picks and prospects and a spot on the blueline for Juolevi.

I think they will look at any offer sheet on Guddy  - suspect that may be why he hasn't been re-signed  to date. But I don't think they will just give him away for  a 3rd and a prospect - I think they would see him being worth more on the team - just my thought - I can't get into managements head

Sign him. I remember Gillis talking about chasing moving goal posts. All the rage now are small D and their puck moving. There will always be a place for a guy that can clear the crease and make forwards look like bugs on the boards. I don't want to see six dmen like Guds on the team. But I would like to see at least one. 

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If we keep Gud and trade Tanev.  I would be interested in some term for him around that number.

appears Vancouver may be open to moving Tanev if the perfect deal came to them.

This was partly why I spontaneously decided to roll out this thread.

Gud has looked Much better with Eddie.

Stecher has really been picking it up lately(& such a spirited, local kid, for fans to get behind)

We probably all love Tan-man, but this could be his chance to get a Cup. Also our chance to get a fine return.

^Add Bulldog to the aforementioned two, & Pouliot can play both sides..so our RH-D side could remain pretty steady.

So yeah..dealing CT & signing EG might just be the ticket.

34 minutes ago, rekker said:

Sign him. I remember Gillis talking about chasing goal posts. All the rage now are small D and their puck moving. There will always be a place for a guy that can clear the crease and make forwards look like bugs on the boards. I don't want to see six dmen like Guds on the team. But I would like to see at least one. 

One thing's for certain -- a defence of Stechers and Krugs wouldn't have done to the Bruins what Edler and Gudbranson did tonight.  Pastrnak and Marchand were constantly eating the boards and picking themselves up off the ice.

I like the idea of locking up Gudbranson for 4-5 years.  but my concern is if he becomes a dud the team is royally screwed with the cap issues already with Eriksson. A 6 year term is a concern. I personally wouldn't hand out any contracts longer then 4 or 5 years for any other not coming out of ELC just in principle.  You cannot tie your hands with mid aged players in today's game.  Once a player hits his late 20's early 30's its a gamble on whether they will still be as effective as they once were.  Especially with big hulking d men like Gudbranson.  4.2 million is the number I see it getting settled at. If Erik is willing to settle around 3.5 tho we could do some serious work in the playoffs. he might be worth 6+ though if he has another very strong year. So i understand his situation but he just showed up in the past few games. so it makes signing him a tricky situation. will he revert back? its nice to know he can show up when he needs too.

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

One thing's for certain -- a defence of Stechers and Krugs wouldn't have done to the Bruins what Edler and Gudbranson did tonight.  Pastrnak and Marchand were constantly eating the boards and picking themselves up off the ice.

I thoroughly enjoyed that. in the 3rd all I wanted to see was Edler and Gudbranson because of their physical play.  Great pk pairing too.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I like the idea of locking up Gudbranson for 4-5 years.  but my concern is if he becomes a dud the team is royally screwed with the cap issues already with Eriksson.

Cap is the least of our concerns right now; in fact, it is one of our positions of strength, especially if the Sedins do not return.  Boeser will need an extension, but we still have room to add a decent (Kane-like) UFA if we wanted, and Eriksson and Sutter's contracts will be off the books by the time we need to pay up for the next wave of Pettersson and crew.  Remember in 2011 we ran with a top-4 D all making around $4.5mil.

7 hours ago, Rush17 said:

If we keep Gud and trade Tanev.  I would be interested in some term for him around that number.

appears Vancouver may be open to moving Tanev if the perfect deal came to them.

Trade Tanev for a tidy return, re-sign Guddy and see if wet can't maybe nab Mike Green short term as a UFA this summer. Suddenly we have the offensive PMD everyone's been clamoring for AND some muscle. 

Two weeks of playing good? And that sells the fan base on the next four years?

Sure it looks like have may have turned a corner but "too little, too late" comes to mind.

One good thing his recent play bumps him up the trade value chart.

If Benning/Linden sign him whatever this forum can think of as fair will be on the low side, they just love to cap out.

Archived