The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Give Gud Hockey Net-Deal.

Nuxfanabroad

8 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

One thing's for certain -- a defence of Stechers and Krugs wouldn't have done to the Bruins what Edler and Gudbranson did tonight.  Pastrnak and Marchand were constantly eating the boards and picking themselves up off the ice.

Absolutely this.  An observation that many here need to be honest about.

the team was playing big last night.  Gud can inspire this to happen.  

13 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Those numbers will handcuff the future with the transition to youth.

You cant have those numbers for younger players to shop their contracts up against, especially with his stats

In a sliding scale it compares to the sbisa signing so I could see those numbers happening.  However I'd like it to be as close to 4million as possible.

4mill for 5 years.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Absolutely this.  An observation that many here need to be honest about.

the team was playing big last night.  Gud can inspire this to happen.  

Contagious Culture. 

Anyone remember why Kesler and Burrows suddenly became hockey players and went on to have career years here when they were young? 

One reason:

D147B98C-59BC-4FF1-B681-7B356B0F57A5.jpeg.e4067d1f264705e69fb14085cac8cb2c.jpeg

They played “bigger” for good reason.

I hope Guddy stays and the rest can go. 

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Two weeks of playing good? And that sells the fan base on the next four years?

Sure it looks like have may have turned a corner but "too little, too late" comes to mind.

One good thing his recent play bumps him up the trade value chart.

If Benning/Linden sign him whatever this forum can think of as fair will be on the low side, they just love to cap out.

Guddy needs a good puck mover for his partner.  Now he’s with Edler, we see him at his best.  Plus, his physical presence makes Edler better.  Those two give us a really good pairing.  

Im fine with a Guddy contract 4-5 million x 5 or 6, providing there is at worst a limited NTC, of no more than 8 teams.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Guddy needs a good puck mover for his partner.  Now he’s with Edler, we see him at his best.  Plus, his physical presence makes Edler better.  Those two give us a really good pairing.  

Im fine with a Guddy contract 4-5 million x 5 or 6, providing there is at worst a limited NTC, of no more than 8 teams.  

Who does McQuaid or Edmondson play with?

Similar players. 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Who does McQuaid or Edmondson play with?

Similar players. 

Guddy is better than those guys.  Guddy skates well, kills penalties, does the heavy lifting for his partner (which allows his partner to play more freely offensive) and he is an actual heavyweight.  Plus, he plays 20+ minutes.  

If we don’t sign him, I see a pretty decent trade return.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Guddy is better than those guys.  Guddy skates well, kills penalties, does the heavy lifting for his partner (which allows his partner to play more freely offensive) and he is an actual heavyweight.  Plus, he plays 20+ minutes.  

If we don’t sign him, I see a pretty decent trade return.

Either way, we will get what we want. 

Good times. 

8 hours ago, Rush17 said:

If we keep Gud and trade Tanev.  I would be interested in some term for him around that number.

appears Vancouver may be open to moving Tanev if the perfect deal came to them.

Yep, i'm on board, sign Guddy, move Tanev, then go hard after Dumba at the draft.

Tanev to TO for Liljegren + 1st round pick

Baertschi + Stecher + 2nd round pick for Dumba + Ennis

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

Your missing my point.

You have to be careful as you will handcuff the future by overpaying.

young d-men with better stats will want more right?

and with our transition that's something to be aware of.

This is even a bigger concern as Benning is getting a rep. of overpaying.

once you add 23 players together it can result in a substantial number reducing our ability to have the maximum of talent on our team.

What future?

All there is is Boeser to sign.

There are no expenses for this team. 

This is a 15 mil to burn roster unless EP lights it up and even then, that’s 3 plus years away.

Guddy at 5mil x 4-5 is easy to fit. He’s worth that. It’s not like he is getting worse, similar to Pizza’s contract projected. 

Seriously man, who cares if they overpay on this one. They have nothing but room anyways, from now until eternity, as it stands. 

Integrity is an expensive thing. 

33 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

You cant have those numbers for younger players to shop their contracts up against, especially with his stats

The cap is projected to go up quite a bit, so I highly doubt one million more, even 1.5, from what you're asking for is going to handcuff our team. 

Guddy is worth much more than you and some others believe. 

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep, i'm on board, sign Guddy, move Tanev, then go hard after Dumba at the draft.

Tanev to TO for Liljegren + 1st round pick

Baertschi + Stecher + 2nd round pick for Dumba + Ennis

Love it, but Toronto giving up Liljegren AND a first for Tanev is like Vancouver giving up OJ and a second for... .

I don’t even need a player to insert here.

Nobody is that stupid in head office at Toronto.

All they have to do is wait and supplement that young core. They are still rebuilding too. 

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Love it, but Toronto giving up Liljegren AND a first for Tanev is like Vancouver giving up OJ and a second for... .

I don’t even need a player to insert here.

Nobody is that stupid in head office at Toronto.

All they have to do is wait and supplement that young core. They are still rebuilding too. 

Is TO still rebuilding, or are they done, and now tinkering?  I say they are at the point where they will move picks/ prospects to make them a Cup team.  

I agree though, we will not get both Liljegren and their first.  However, I DO NOT WANT Liljegren anyway.  He’s far too iffy as an NHL guy.  I see too much Philip Larsen in him.  Take the TO first and a second.

Just now, Alflives said:

Is TO still rebuilding, or are they done, and now tinkering?  I say they are at the point where they will move picks/ prospects to make them a Cup team.  

I agree though, we will not get both Liljegren and their first.  However, I DO NOT WANT Liljegren anyway.  He’s far too iffy as an NHL guy.  I see too much Philip Larsen in him.  Take the TO first and a second.

Their core is no older than ours.

They have nothing BUT time.

Sure, they brought in a token vet captain and burned a 2nd on Boyle and came within an OT loss against a president trophy team, but they are still rebuilding, tinkering, as you say.

They can sell and make up ground too or just stay still and rebuild at the same pace JB has been. 

Curious us to see how that kid pans out. I don’t pay attention actually. 

12 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What future?

All there is is Boeser to sign.

There are no expenses for this team. 

This is a 15 mil to burn roster unless EP lights it up and even then, that’s 3 plus years away.

Guddy at 5mil x 4-5 is easy to fit. He’s worth that. It’s not like he is getting worse, similar to Pizza’s contract projected. 

Seriously man, who cares if they overpay on this one. They have nothing but room anyways, from now until eternity, as it stands. 

Integrity is an expensive thing. 

No problem with most of the post except as much cap space should be retained to help facilitate trade value or draft pick improvement.

Integrity... he moved several of Gillis's clause contracts where the player sacrificed millions to get them and take home town discounts, moving them didn't help and that is likely why he has to over pay so much to get FAs here now.

Why would Guddy stay here now, he knows Florida wants him back, he lives in a fish bowl here and has listened for two years about fan doubt, he isn't a fighter and his wrist has been operated on once already. Even he would have a hard time affording a house on the west side.

If he signs with Florida he increases his take home pay due to no income tax so a 4 mil offer from Florida is like a 6 mil offer from Vancouver.

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Sure, they brought in a token vet captain and burned a 2nd on Boyle and came within an OT loss against a president trophy team, but they are still rebuilding, tinkering, as you say.

They can sell and make up ground too or just stay still and rebuild at the same pace JB has been. 

I hate the Leafs, and will (prejudicially) determine their players are all crap.  However, they do have Matthews, who reminds me too much of Dave Keon.  

56 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

not really, the cap's going to be around 80 mil next year so thats OK if Guddy keeps playing like he did last night. 

7 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

They brought in the best available and still effective mentors for their young players for less money than the Nucks, at mountain less.

They started their rebuild the same year as Benning was hired, the Nucks start theirs maybe at the TDL, maybe, this management group has a tendency to sell a Volkswagen and call it a Rolls Royce.

I think it only makes sense to sign him for another 3 years. That way Benning has the chance to move him at the deadline of the last year of his own contract a well if need be.

I would be fine with 3 years at 4.2 as long as the last year we get 1 solid playoff run out of him. If were aren't a playoff team then we shouldn't be paying him that much for the regular season. 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Trade Tanev for a tidy return, re-sign Guddy and see if wet can't maybe nab Mike Green short term as a UFA this summer. Suddenly we have the offensive PMD everyone's been clamoring for AND some muscle. 

This would definitely help with the loss of tanev and especially help with the development pressures for the dman coming back (Foote or liljigrin hopefully)

give green a 2 year deal around 5 mil mark

A d corps of

edler-gud

MDZ-green

? - stetcher

? - Biega

Let Pouliot Juolevi and Hutton battle for the last 2 left side spots

Also seeing edler and guddy play well together with tanev out of the line up leads me to think tanev can be traded without the d imploding so long as there is a top 4 replacement

also, ive really likes gudbransons game lately. Very simple and it seems like he is playing with ease

Archived