1 hour ago, oldnews said:

To Columbus:

Chris Tanev

Sven Baertschi / Thomas Vanek

To Vancouver:

Boone Jenner

David Savard

CBJ 1st 18

Maybe get them to accept Baertschi and move Vanek for other assets. Money might become an issue for the Canucks.

regards,  G.

13 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

If Kane is planning on coming here, why not wait until July 1 and sign him then, and get other assets for Vanek, Hutton, Holm and Dowd on top of that?

Moulson is dead weight and currently buried in the minors, so that doesn't help the trade.

Otherwise, it's great!!!  :P

regards,  G.

Agree with you completely! Weird things happen in hockey though and if there's a chance that they can acquire Kane and sign him to an extension now, for cheaper than they think they could sign him on the open market on July 1st, its something that they might consider.

Not saying that I would, just that I can see their argument for it.

Personally, I'd rather;

To contender:

Vanek

2018 5th

To Van:

Late 1st round pick

To contender:

Dowd

to Vancouver:

6th or 7th round pick (Benning seems to really love those late rounders, the gambler in him :P)

Keep Hutton

Keep Holm

Unless there's a compelling trade for them!

1 minute ago, kenhodgejr said:

Gabriel Landescog is a LW 6'1 215 

would look nice on the wing with horvat and Boeser 

He has been known to drop the gloves and stand up for teammates 

Too much potential on CDC for "future captain" conflict...

regards,  G.

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

To Columbus:

Chris Tanev

Sven Baertschi / Thomas Vanek

To Vancouver:

Boone Jenner

David Savard

CBJ 1st 18

You love your Boone Jenner eh?

you have seen enough good from him?

what is his contract status?

(I could

lool it up but I'm eating meatloaf)

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dhaliwal.  Hahaha!  Patrick Maroon?  Hahaha.  

The funnier thing Alf,    Edmonton keeps ejecting players that actually perform for them.. Maroon has done well there,  so did Hall.

Managment seems more focused on the single player and what “he” can do..  how “he” performs .

Apart from McDavid who can create chemistry with any just about any other 2 players,  the Oilers look buzzed most times.

I have more appreciation for how Benning and Green are putting the Canucks together.

Just now, SilentSam said:

I’d like to see a move played for Adam Lowry WPG..  getting lost in the Peg.. 

Agree 100% - Lowry is another favorite of mine - but I don't think he's getting lost in Wpg - he's just had injury problems.

I honestly can't see them moving him - he's a beast.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Agree 100% - Lowry is another favorite of mine - but I don't think he's getting lost in Wpg - he's just had injury problems.

I honestly can't see them moving him - he's a beast.

Another RFA this year,  a lot of those boys on the Jets are performing very well, just wonder if he gets left out of any offers?  Jets might be against the wall to open their wallet.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Another RFA this year,  a lot of those boys on the Jets are performing very well, just wonder if he gets left out of any offers?  Jets might be against the wall to open their wallet.

definitely worth keeping an eye on.

his injury this year - might be an opportune time to offer a healthy roster player.....

the Jets have no desperation for depth, but perhaps they will run into cap issues - they have a monster load of RFAs to re-up next summer.

I say offer Alex Edler who I think would fit well there - be willing to take back Enstrom's contract - and hammer out the balance asset.

I'd love to see Edler in Winnipeg, killing it with that team. 

A Sutter/Lowry 1/2 shutdown punch would be deadly.

Younger physical forwards we could target who can make plays and be a fit on our team moving forward 

LW                                                                  C                                                               RW

Evander Kane                                          Max Domi                                               Tom Wilson

Gabriel Landeskog                                  Sam Bennet                                            Josh Anderson 

Nick Ritchie

Michael Ferland                                            

Non-physical Canucks who should be replaced 

LW                                                                 C                                                                 RW

Daniel Sedin                                      Henrik Sedin                                                    Thomas Vanek

Louie Eriksson           

Sven Baertchi

I would like us to trade for Landeskog  and Domi 

Lines after trade deadline 

Landeskog Horvat Boeser 

Granlund Domi Gagner 

Sedin Sedin Gaudette

Gaunce Sutter Virtanen 

Dowd 

Next season I'm assuming that Dahlen, Pettersson and Gaudette all make the team. I also think we will win more games. Maybe we can even entice Karlsson if our lines look better. 

Domi Horvat Boeser 

Landeskog Petterson Dahlen 

Granlund Gaudette Gagner 

Gaunce Sutter Virtanen 

Edler Gudbranson

Hutton Stetcher 

Juolevi Pouliot 

Holm Biega 

Markstrom

Demko 

Each line has some grit

Tradable pieces 

Baertchi 

Eriksson

Vanek 
Tanev 

Goldobin 

For Landeskog: Tanev + Eriksson + Goldobin + 2019 1st 

For Domi: Baertchi + Del Zotto + Cassels + 2018 2nd 

This makes our team immediately more competitive and provides grit and leadership in our top 6

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

definitely worth keeping an eye on.

his injury this year - might be an opportune time to offer a healthy roster player.....

the Jets have no desperation for depth, but perhaps they will run into cap issues - they have a monster load of RFAs to re-up next summer.

I say offer Alex Edler who I think would fit well there - be willing to take back Enstrom's contract - and hammer out the balance asset.

I'd love to see Edler in Winnipeg, killing it with that team. 

A Sutter/Lowry 1/2 shutdown punch would be deadly.

I enjoyed watching Edler come back to life playing with Gudbranson on the weekend.. seemed to get his step, timing and swagger back.. That pairing looked great for Gudbranson too, it kept him on his toes and his edges were active. Other partners he seems to be on his heels or flat footed a bit, less engaged... I want to see more of them as this season finishes.. and maybe EG gets to operate that +104 mph whip more often.

I lean more towards letting Tanev go for the right pick/prospect... or tandem him in a deal to acquire E Karlsson OTW. to upgrade Tanevs position.

OTW will lose Karlsson next year regardless.  He will not want to stay for the absolute beginning of a rebuild.. if OTW realizes this, Karlsson will gain more assets to OTW in a move where he only commands 6.5m per in his last season before UFA.

Id try Tanev, Dalhen, and a conditional 1st rounder 2019 or 2020. .. at least it’s a fair starting point to discuss.

If Karlsson comes to Vancouver, we have a legit #1 D for a year, mentoring the likes of Stetcher, Hutton,Joulevi, Pouliotte and possibly Tryamkin..  If he likes it here,. and the feeling of where Canucks are in the depth of the rebuild, I think he re-signs here, using the money we gain from the expiring Edler Contract.

If Karlsson doesn’t Re-sign, he moves at the 2019 TDL for a great pick.

Archived