The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

On 2/17/2018 at 10:07 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Tanev to Toronto for Liljegrin+Martin+2nd

Let Virtanen and Gadj develop into the tough power forwards we need. Maybe draft Tkatchuk...

If that's on the table, then lets do it. I doubt it is though =/ 

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

I would target Boone Jenner.

McKenzie in his deadline podcast says they're not trying to move him.  They'll listen like on any player but that the noise is mostly generated by teams who think they can get him on the cheap because he is not producing at his normal level.  

5 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i'll be happy for picks for vanek and hutton and a trade for domi.

Picks AND Domi? Let's not get too greedy.

Vanek is probably good for a 3rd.

Dowd, maybe a 6th? 

That's about it.

Tanev and Hutton will both be Canucks until at least the draft IMO.

Hutton will probably get another shot next year. He's still young and his $2.8M isn't exactly cheap for a 3rd pairing, unestablished player. So I don't think he has any trade value ATM. 

Tanev probably stays because that's a really hard trade to make at the TDL. The draft is always better timing and more teams would be involved. Plus there's 2 more years on his contract so I really don't think management is in a rush to trade Tanev. 

But all in all, I don't expect Benning to be very active. I'm guessing 1-2 minor moves and then load up for the draft.

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I would target Boone Jenner.

Nice. He`d be a heck of an addition. Big dude, and even though he's having a slightly off year, that could play well into the Canucks getting him. He might just need a change of scenery. Playing under Torts can't be easy for a young player. Maybe our #2C? or does Pettersson centre the 2nd, and then Gaudette the 3rd, Dowd the 4th...ah heck. We can't get this guy lol Maybe Pettersson plays on Jenner's wing. 

59 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Vanek is probably good for a 3rd.

Dowd, maybe a 6th? 

That's about it.

Tanev and Hutton will both be Canucks until at least the draft IMO.

Hutton will probably get another shot next year. He's still young and his $2.8M isn't exactly cheap for a 3rd pairing, unestablished player. So I don't think he has any trade value ATM. 

At this rate we might be lucky to get a 4th for Vanek. Soft market for wingers as per above. 

I can't see us carrying on until next season with Edler, MDZ Hutton, Pouliot and Holm on the left and Juolevi, Brisebois and McEneny all pushing for spots. 

27 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

I saw a rumour for Vanek+Hutton for Nick Richie from ANA. (I cant remember where i saw it so dont ask :P) I would love this deal personally. Adding another young player who is a big mean player like Richie would be awesome for our team

Someone posted it elsewhere here but without a source.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

At this rate we might be lucky to get a 4th for Vanek. Soft market for wingers as per above. 

Hopefully the Grabner deal sets the market. Vanek has to be worth a 3rd now, maybe a 2nd if we're lucky. Benning should certainly shoot for it. 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

I can't see us carrying on until next season with Edler, MDZ Hutton, Pouliot and Holm on the left and Juolevi, Brisebois and McEneny all pushing for spots. 

Good point. Hutton better hope Holm doesn't impress whenever he draws in. That would pretty much seal his fate. 

Maybe someone wants MDZ? I don't mind him but obviously he's expendable. 

My #1 target would be Brendan Lemiuex from Winnipeg.

21yrs old 6'1'' 209lbs, so he has good enough size. Near a ppg in the AHL. He is stuck behind a ton of young F on the Jets NHL roster. Plays with an edge, racks up his fair share of PIM. Sure sounds like a Dorsett type player to me. Will stand up for his teammates, wont let crap happen to our top players!

This sounds like what we need (from eliteprospects)

Perfectly fits the cliche has a player you hate to play against but love to have on your team. Like his father Claude, Brendan will drive the opposing team crazy as he is the perfect agitator. Lemieux also has the ability to burn you offensively as he is a top 5 scorer on Barrie. He showed the ability to both agitate and score in the CHL Top Prospects Game. Most likely a 2nd-3rd round NHL pick in June, but could easily move up into the later first round. (Tyler Parchem, EP, 2014)

Go get him GM JB!

5 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

With the price dropping on Kane according to TSN.  Jim is going to get his man Baetschi, Hutton, 3rd for Kane

What would be the point of that?

We give up 3 pieces for a player that we could just sign July 1st...

I'd rather package Hutton and Baertschi for picks/prospects.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What would be the point of that?

We give up 3 pieces for a player that we could just sign July 1st...

I'd rather package Hutton and Baertschi for picks/prospects.

There is a point.  You negotiate now.  There is no guarantee that all things being equal he would choose Vancouver over a more competitive team. 6x6 is the likely contract and its seems to be a popular number and term.  He will see that offered to him this summer by at least 8 teams.  This way you trade with the condition of immediately negotiating a contract.  He says no then you walk.

3 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

There is a point.  You negotiate now.  There is no guarantee that all things being equal he would choose Vancouver over a more competitive team. 6x6 is the likely contract and its seems to be a popular number and term.  He will see that offered to him this summer by at least 8 teams.  This way you trade with the condition of immediately negotiating a contract.  He says no then you walk.

He says no and we just gave up 3 assets for nothing...

Either he wants to play in Vancouver and will take a fair contract or he doesn`t. Giving up assets for a few more months of negotiating is not worth it.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He says no and we just gave up 3 assets for nothing...

Either he wants to play in Vancouver and will take a fair contract or he doesn`t. Giving up assets for a few more months of negotiating is not worth it.

That's not what I said.  You make the trade with Buffalo on the condition that you can talk to his agent first.  You call ask for his numbers.  Give a proposal.  Kane says yes you do it.  He says no then you move on without the deal.

Archived