The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

2 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

That's not what I said.  You make the trade with Buffalo on the condition that you can talk to his agent first.  You call ask for his numbers.  Give a proposal.  Kane says yes you do it.  He says no then you move on without the deal.

Still not worth it when we already know he wants to play here.

I doubt his numbers will drop that much from now until July 1st. If anything his value is decreasing the more he slumps at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

hahahaha you are just planning on thieving...

no I'm kinda serious.

Bobby Ryan has 21 pts this year.  25 pts last year.

And 4 more years at 7.5 million cap hit.

That is the price to take a dump of that proportion.   Something Melnyk is desperate to do - dump, dump.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

no I'm kinda serious.

That is the price to take a dump of that proportion.   Something Melnyk is desperate to do - dump, dump.

He has a different role.  He wrote about it in the Player's Tribune last playoffs.  He writes fans think he is playing terribly and giving him advice at the grocery store when in fact he is doing everything that Boucher is asking him to do.  Put him in a different role and who knows where his scoring will be at.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

no I'm kinda serious.

Wasn't he severely concussed in training camp two years ago by a guy from the farm?

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

no I'm kinda serious.

Maybe Melnyk needs him some:

colon-blow-cereal-snl.jpg

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Gotta take advantage of your assets.  Right now, over the next few years ours will be capspace.  We can do some thievery by keeping an ear to the ground and "rescue" teams, especially contenders, that need some help.

I still hope that the thieving we do is Karlsson.  It seems like they want quantity over quality.  We got that!

Benning has said in the past he wasn't going to take on cap dumps for assets.  Hopefully over the past year of negotiations and such with the owners he's been able to change their mind on it.  Even better if they pick a guy up and he becomes rejuvenated and provides some value.  Having Ryan would also put another float in the Sedin retirement parade.

1 minute ago, mll said:

He has a different role.  He wrote about it in the Player's Tribune last playoffs.  He writes fans think he is playing terribly and giving him advice at the grocery store when in fact he is doing everything that Boucher is asking him to do.  Put him in a different role and who knows where his scoring will be at.

53.5% ozone starts

49.2 corsi

2:50 of powerplay time per game

0:00 penalty killing

He's played with Hoffman, Duchene, Brassard and Stone....

Boucher can try to shine that however he wants - his terms are absolutely horrible - not sure what magic angle they have to fluff that.

I'm still saying that I think the physical forward that Benning is targeting is Evander Kane.

I'm still not saying that I think its a good idea to target him before July 1st, but its still itching at the back of my brain that Benning is trying to bring him here before the deadline and sign him to an extension and avoid bidding for him July 1.

Time will tell...

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Still better paying a bit more in salary as a UFA than surrendering any significant assets.  Capspace is our friend the next few years.

Agree completely, I didn't say I thought it was a good idea, just that I have a really strong feeling that Benning is chasing Kane and wants him here right now.

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm still saying that I think the physical forward that Benning is targeting is Evander Kane.

I'm still not saying that I think its a good idea to target him before July 1st, but its still itching at the back of my brain that Benning is trying to bring him here before the deadline and sign him to an extension and avoid bidding for him July 1.

Time will tell...

If it`s like Hutton and a 3rd, sure as long as it`s a sign and trade and we acquire at least that 3rd back in a separate deal.

Adding Kane to the mix would definitely give us that edge we`re looking for. Just gotta hope they`ve done their homework on him and believe that he`s matured, or that being home would have him more focused.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If it`s like Hutton and a 3rd, sure as long as it`s a sign and trade and we acquire at least that 3rd back in a separate deal.

Adding Kane to the mix would definitely give us that edge we`re looking for. Just gotta hope they`ve done their homework on him and believe that he`s matured, or that being home would have him more focused.

I've said in one of the other groups as well, that I thought that Buffalo is having trouble moving him for appropriate value and might consider doing something more creative. I think the teams that are real competitors for the cup this year, for the most part, don't have the cap space to absorb a hit like Kane, and that the only way he goes to a non contending team is if he immediately signs an extension, which Vancouver would clearly be ready to to do.

Was wondering if they might consider something like:

To Van:

Kane

(Insert name for contract dump here - balance contract cap a little)

To Buffalo

Vanek

Hutton

Baerschi (another left winger - offset Buffalo loosing a left wing)

Buffalo would then turn around and trade Vanek (I think much more tradeable because of his cap hit, for a 2nd or 3rd to boost their return. Possibly a 3rd team involved in the trade to take Vanek immediately.

I have no idea if this happens or if anything like this is even being floated, other than a feeling that Benning REALLY wants Kane here and might be willing to push things to get him here now instead of waiting till July 1.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I've said in one of the other groups as well, that I thought that Buffalo is having trouble moving him for appropriate value and might consider doing something more creative. I think the teams that are real competitors for the cup this year, for the most part, don't have the cap space to absorb a hit like Kane, and that the only way he goes to a non contending team is if he immediately signs an extension, which Vancouver would clearly be ready to to do.

Was wondering if they might consider something like:

To Van:

Kane

(Insert name for contract dump here - balance contract cap a little)

To Buffalo

Vanek

Hutton

Baerschi (another left winger - offset Buffalo loosing a left wing)

Buffalo would then turn around and trade Vanek (I think much more tradeable because of his cap hit, for a 2nd or 3rd to boost their return. Possibly a 3rd team involved in the trade to take Vanek immediately.

I have no idea if this happens or if anything like this is even being floated, other than a feeling that Benning REALLY wants Kane here and might be willing to push things to get him here now instead of waiting till July 1.

Kane seems to be really looking forward to playing in his first NHL playoffs.  He might resent that trade and then decide to sign with a contender instead.  

Archived