The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Or, WE take the 2nd/3rd for Vanek, don't take on a cap dump, trade Hutton and Baertschi for decent assets elsewhere, and take our chances with Kane in free agency.

Kane (who could still walk)

cap dump

or

3rd round pick

Hutton

Baertschi

maybe Kane

Like Lucic, Benning may really want Kane, but I don't think he's going to start throwing away assets then sign a mega deal to cap it off.  We could potentially be left with nothing... but a cap dump(!).

1 minute ago, mll said:

Kane seems to be really looking forward to playing in his first NHL playoffs.  He might resent that trade and then decide to sign with a contender instead.  

If I'm Kane, I'd want to go to a contender as well. That said, you have to have a contender that's willing to take his cap hit and potentially mess up the chemistry that they have in the dressing room by bringing in someone who has proven to be a distraction in  past.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I would not be surprised if Benning isn't working on the idea of bringing him here now. Even if its just to show enough interest to keep us high on Kane's radar as a landing spot for July 1.

Archived