The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Sounds about right. He's a special player. If you want him. You pay accordingly. Good job

JB. Seems since JB's extension he has put the NHL on alert. 

Yeah he seems to be handling things with a lot more confidence.  Some experience behind the helm seems to be paying off.

1 minute ago, on the cycle said:

Interesting. Might be nice to get good young players back.

I would like to see us land 1 marquise top 6 player. Forget the packages. Lets get a stud :D  Snag ourselves a future Nazzy, Bert or Jovo.  

Just now, Rush17 said:

Yeah he seems to be handling things with a lot more confidence.  Some experience behind the helm seems to be paying off.

I would like to see us land 1 marquise top 6 player. Forget the packages. Lets get a stud :D  Snag ourselves a future Nazzy, Bert or Jovo.  

What about a guy like Liljegren?

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Tanev to Toronto for Liljegrin+Martin+2nd

Let Virtanen and Gadj develop into the tough power forwards we need. Maybe draft Tkatchuk...

Really like that proposal to be honest. Martin is what we need. 

Edit - I think we could squeeze TOR for a first on condition of them going to the conference finals. So the second becomes a first if they make it that far. 

18 hours ago, oldnews said:

You're not funny.

Why would we gift Tanev to the Laffs for a 40% prospect, a cap dump (that is specifically not what Benning is looking for)  and a 20% draft pick?

I think the world of Tanev but Leafs management but Leafs management are in it for the long run. They are well aware that: 

a) Tanev isn't the most durable and he likely won't last multiple rounds in a long playoff run

b) He would be due for a hefty raise when he enters his prime in two years time, and there is little chance that the Leafs could afford him given Matthew's raise.

Matt Martin helps protect their younger players and provides pushback. $2.5 million is not the albatross that people are making it out to be. Lamoriello, Shannahan and Babcock have been clear that despite them being competitive this year, their emphasis is still on drafting and ideally they would like to retain their first and second round picks. Liljegren is also a recent first round draft pick who despite his flaws is producing at a solid rate for a 19 year old in the AHL. It's an overpayment for the Leafs because it's not a right fit for them. 

Take off your homerism glasses and use your brain instead of making pithy statements such as you're not funny and ill-thought out justifications.  

18 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

That is not an overpayment. Tanev is worth a 1st+ great prospect. Martin isn't necessarily a cap dump at this point of time but he's not worth too much. Plus there have been multiple reports that Toronto an Babcock love Tanev. Out of curiosity what do you imagine Tanev is worth?

I don't know. I think realistically an A - / A  prospect and a lower draft pick for a team who is a true contender and who has a deep enough prospect pool if we were to move him which we won't.  For example, Cal Foote and Tampa's 2018 second. 

29 minutes ago, rekker said:

Love you JB. That's a shot across the bow to UFA season. Brilliant. Dim Jim. Nope. That's serving notice without tampering. 

I thought the question was about general team need, so I was surprised to hear that he's looking for such a player right now, as opposed to just moving a couple guys like Vanek.  Jenner is younger than Kane, likewise has a 30-goal season, but doesn't come with similar reputation or baggage.  Yes he will cost assets to acquire whereas Kane will be a UFA, but it may well be the better move.  He looks like an ideal target, if we have the assets they want to make it work.

Dahlen - Horvat - Boeser

Pettersson - Jenner - Eriksson

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Gaunce - Dowd/Gagner - Gaudette

Three rookies brought in, and put into excellent sheltered opportunities.

1 minute ago, shazzam said:

Bottom 6 rugged forward for some protection. You can take a run at Horvat or Boeser but  better be ready for a physical response. As a rebuilding team, we don't need to get abused. 

The team showed tonight that it's more about team toughness than having an enforcer.  Yes you need someone who will drop them when need be (preferably several), but there's no need to have a Matt Martin who plays limited minutes when he's not in the pressbox.

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

As long as he can win fights and bring that edge that we need.  Must be younger and able to contribute offensively. 

Tom Wilson, Michael Ferland, Max Domi, Sam Bennet, or Nick Ritchie would be top picks for me. 

18 year old Sam could get beat up my grandma 

Archived