The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

I think JB could be looking at Nick Ritchie!.. I hope so anyways. 

Nick Ritchie
Left Wing
Born Dec 5 1995  -- Orangeville, ONT 
Height 6.02 -- Weight 234 -- Shoots L

Selected by Anaheim Ducks round 1 #10 overall 2014 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010-11  Georgetown Raiders          OJHL    1    0    0    0    0  --  --  --  --  --
2011-12  Peterborough Petes          OHL    62   16   23   39   60  --  --  --  --  --
2012-13  Peterborough Petes          OHL    41   18   17   35   50  --  --  --  --  --
2013-14  Peterborough Petes          OHL    61   39   35   74  136  11   5   5  10  24
2014-15  Peterborough Petes          OHL    25   14   18   32   69  --  --  --  --  --
2014-15  Sault Ste. Marie Greyhoun   OHL    23   15   15   30   44  14  13  13  26  28
2015-16  San Diego Gulls             AHL    38   16   14   30   59   9   5   3   8  20
2015-16  Anaheim Ducks               NHL    33    2    2    4   37  --  --  --  --  --
2016-17  Anaheim Ducks               NHL    77   14   14   28   62  15   4   0   4  46
2017-18  Anaheim Ducks               NHL    54    5   16   21   51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         NHL Totals                        164   21   32   53  150  15   4   0   4  46

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I think he goes hard after Domi in trade and signs Kane in the summer as UFA. 

We need two forwards and 2 Dmen like that. 

Yes, i believe we will be in the hunt for Domi. As for Kane it depends on two things - 1. What pick we get in the lottery and 2. Does Danny and Hank come back for another season. 

6 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Yes, i believe we will be in the hunt for Domi. As for Kane it depends on two things - 1. What pick we get in the lottery and 2. Does Danny and Hank come back for another season. 

I don't think draft has anything to do with if we sign Kane. Draft pick will not be much help to us next year unless his name is Dahlin, even then he'll be 2nd pair Dman. 

You don't get drafted and become a big difference make in the NHL the following year unless your name is Crosby Malkin OV McDavid or Matthews. Kids take time to develop. 

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

You saw the Virtanen rush that led to the Dowd goal.  Or did you have your head in the fridge looking for beer?  That's why Virtanen was drafted.

And we are seeing it more and more, Green knows what he is doing, Jake isnt going anywhere.. 

25 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

lol, you ever watch an out of market game?

Edit: Go up a post , I just edited my post and posted a couple of fights for you. 

So he has a couple fights? He isn’t a big forward lol. Sure he has balls and is chippy but he isn’t creating space and opportunities for no one with hits. 

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not a secret that is what we need, but interesting that he chose to name that one over some other needs, such as maybe some defence prospects, or a scoring forward.

Some interesting names on some common trade bait lists are Evander Kane, Patrick Maroon that fit that mould, but considering that the Canucks won't want to pay a premium and will likely want younger players, will be interesting who else they could be referring to.

Gurianov?

Adrian Kempe??

Tage Thompson???

Jordan Greenway???????????????????????????

Sorry, not trading for Kane or Maroon!  July, different story...

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Gurianov?

Adrian Kempe??

Tage Thompson???

Jordan Greenway???????????????????????????

Sorry, not trading for Kane or Maroon!  July, different story...

Kempe can fly and Kings are trying to get faster - they are playing a more up-tempo style now and their roster is ageing.  They need youth too.

The Wild made it clear that Greenway is unavailable - their owner thinks they'll be more serious contenders once prospects like Greenway, Kunin will be making the team.  From the Wild Foligno is apparently not fitting in very well and it would clear cap space so he could likely be had on the cheap re physical forward à la Dorsett or is he looking for a physical scorer.

If Benning is paying a high price it should be on the D.  No matter how good the Fs are they are going to be a step behind other teams if they don't find a way to bring in some new age Ds.  

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not a secret that is what we need, but interesting that he chose to name that one over some other needs, such as maybe some defence prospects, or a scoring forward.

Some interesting names on some common trade bait lists are Evander Kane, Patrick Maroon that fit that mould, but considering that the Canucks won't want to pay a premium and will likely want younger players, will be interesting who else they could be referring to.

Patrick Maroon doesn't satisfy "make plays" criteria.

Kane is going to be a UFA, I don't know what the price will be to acquire him but it kind of feels stupid to pay anything for a pending UFA unless it's a sign and trade deal.

Archived