The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

So we’re buyers at the deadline lol hopefully not at the expense of any picks.

This doesn’t make them “buyers”.  The Canucks were clearly going to be looking for a dorsett replacement.

this is going to be a hockey trade, not a rental with future assets required.

49 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

If benning could somehow land jenner without giving up too much I would be the happiest Canucks fan alive!

I personally believe CBJ should fire their coach before trading Jenner?

But that's just my opinion. I would love to have Jenner here...

I wonder what we would have to get back for one of the Ritchie brothers (Nick, Brett). They're big and decently skilled. Maybe Vanek to Dallas for Ritchie would work out?`We could possibly throw in someone like Granlund if they want a younger guy back as well. 

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't think draft has anything to do with if we sign Kane. Draft pick will not be much help to us next year unless his name is Dahlin, even then he'll be 2nd pair Dman. 

You don't get drafted and become a big difference make in the NHL the following year unless your name is Crosby Malkin OV McDavid or Matthews. Kids take time to develop. 

Well if we get second or third in the draft, we HAVE to select Svech or Zadina, they are just too good to pass up and they will play in the Nhl next year. Svech reminds me of like a Malkin/Hossa hybrid and Zadina screams Tarasenko. Lets say we acquire Domi and receive second or third, then Kane becomes a little redundant. 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I personally believe CBJ should fire their coach before trading Jenner?

But that's just my opinion. I would love to have Jenner here...

Agreed. Looks like torts may have run his course in Columbus now just like everywhere else he coaches. His schtick gets old pretty quick 

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Exactly, the only adding Benning's ever done at the TDL is for the future.  He's also said clearly, "We will be younger next year."

This has been ON's wish for a while now.  16 points in 51 games and worst +/- on the team, his decline began when Torts arrived two years ago.  If he truly is in the Torts doghouse and with Columbus in a dogfight for the playoffs, maybe something can happen.  "Change of scenery" looks like the exact thing he needs.  They have Wennberg, Dubinski, and PLD to play C.  We need roster spots, so hopefully JB's working on a package and ideally without any picks going out.  Some combo of Baertschi, Goldobin, Granlund, Hutton, perhaps a prospect on the outs with us.

Looks like a prime buy-low target, and fits JB's description perfectly, as well as the ideal age (24).  $2.9mil and RFA after this season, but would certainly sign for less than Kane will get as a UFA, and is a C to boot.  Looks like a JB kinda guy.

under Green he might just find his game again... 

I'm surprised that Jack Johnson is still there, that can't be great for the room in CBJ so maybe a combo of Hutton and Bear would interest them, they get a younger LHD and a new PP option with Baer, so if they are thinking of moving Jenner that could be a good return for them.

16 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Well if we get second or third in the draft, we HAVE to select Svech or Zadina, they are just too good to pass up and they will play in the Nhl next year. Svech reminds me of like a Malkin/Hossa hybrid and Zadina screams Tarasenko. Lets say we acquire Domi and receive second or third, then Kane becomes a little redundant. 

And THATS the problem with trading Tanev and not getting a defensive prospect back. We end up with two more high end forward prospects and lose our only legit top pairing defense.  I honestly think Benning goes off the board for a defenceman if we pick 2-4 and Tanev is gone.  I hope not, but our defense is swiss cheese without him.  We would be Exactly where Edmonton is.... minus Mcdavid.

3 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

And THATS the problem with trading Tanev and not getting a defensive prospect back. We end up with two more high end forward prospects and lose our only legit top pairing defense.  I honestly think Benning goes off the board for a defenceman if we pick 2-4 and Tanev is gone.  I hope not, but our defense is swiss cheese without him.  We would be Exactly where Edmonton is.... minus Mcdavid.

I dont think we trade Tanev, unless a defensive prospect comes back. I think Islanders make a ton of sense for Tanev. Tanev is a great puck mover, shot supressor, shot blocker and has great defensive positioning. All things Islanders are struggling with. They have 2 first round picks, so they could spare one. I would take an offer of Pulock and a first.

31 minutes ago, KKnight said:

As a fan, really looking forward to potentially having a top draft pick step right onto the big club and play a big role. Have to go all the way back to Nedved to see a top pick step in and be a regular, and back to Linden to have our pick be a big contributor. If we get one of Svechnikov or Zadina, here's hoping they "earn and get" the opportunity to become a huge part of this team sooner rather than later.

Archived