The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

14 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I have a feeling the Canucks are in on Chris Kreider 

I wonder if they could get him for a combination of Baertschi, Hutton, Goldobin, or Gudbranson?

I dont think Kreider is available right now, just coming off that blood clot scare. There are about 3 power wingers i would want via trade that i could see being dealt Jenner/Kreider/Domi and obviously Kane in the offseason. Only thing with Kane is i could see someone giving him 7 mill a season, that is too rich for my liking. 

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I personally believe CBJ should fire their coach before trading Jenner?

But that's just my opinion. I would love to have Jenner here...

It's true that Tortorella can have good success with young teams.  I think that his act runs cold after a year or so.  Maybe by the TDL in his first year :lol:

1 hour ago, Vanisleryan said:

That's not an overpayment, Martin is a cap dump and should actually increase what they send back. 

11 hours ago, NHL'er said:

I think the world of Tanev but Leafs management but Leafs management are in it for the long run. They are well aware that: 

a) Tanev isn't the most durable and he likely won't last multiple rounds in a long playoff run

b) He would be due for a hefty raise when he enters his prime in two years time, and there is little chance that the Leafs could afford him given Matthew's raise.

Matt Martin helps protect their younger players and provides pushback. $2.5 million is not the albatross that people are making it out to be. Lamoriello, Shannahan and Babcock have been clear that despite them being competitive this year, their emphasis is still on drafting and ideally they would like to retain their first and second round picks. Liljegren is also a recent first round draft pick who despite his flaws is producing at a solid rate for a 19 year old in the AHL. It's an overpayment for the Leafs because it's not a right fit for them. 

12 hours ago, naslundfan921 said:

Domi matches the description and fits the relative age range. Cost might be a little too high though

Domi's heart and drive are undeniable but he is all offense.

I love his willingness to sacrifice for team-mates but he has no defensive skills.

He would seem to contradict the mandated strong two-way player Benning preaches about.

9 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

drafted 4 years ago.    

his first year here, he was still junior eligible ,his lousey showing at the wj tournament ,coupled with NOT wanting to send him back to the hitmen  ,add in some wishful thinking that he would have actually been good enough to  make the team, albeit sheltered TOI,or press box.,hind site being 20/20 his first year here should have been his last year of junior, and then there was last year 'he had to come back to get his stuff' remember that?  So this season by rights should be his first season , still though ,had it have played out that way it 's still a slow trajectory  ,he'll get  there,  if any one knows how to bring him along it's TG. 

Archived