The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

He's not big.He is 5'10" 198lbs

Correct.

Geez, one haymaker at Kesler and guys think he's a power forward.  Nothing could be further from the truth. He's a speed and skill player, one who makes plays. 

But he's down a bit because of Oiler disease. Had gifted minutes, prime offensive opportunities, PP time last year. Keller is also now there & has more speed and skill, Perlini is getting top line time instead of him. Stepan is there. So he suddenly has to earn his time & they're getting those reps? He's playing 3 C because Hanzal is gone, what the coach wants of him. And he's not responding by learning to play a harder game. An actual hard defensive game, not the haymaker he threw... So his development is stalling.

It happens to a lot of sophomores.    

Right now he looks like a quicker Hodgson to me? Many, however unlike Hodgson, decide to take on board the training and roles they get asked to play. Its early days. Earn their way back to offensive minutes! He easily has the talent to do so. I would not be opposed to a trade for him while value is low. And hey, maybe the coach is a dumb ass for asking an offensive player to change his game. Or maybe he belongs back on the wing?       

So we'll see...,

24 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

No, don't want Lucic

Agrred - Louie's contract sucks for 2 more years but then its a limited NTC and his contract is lees per year - much more tradeable asset whereas Lucic's in an anchor for the reaminder of the term

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

No, don't want Lucic

PLEASEEE NO... I was really upset two years ago when he signed with Coilers, but now im so happy he is way to slow, cant keep up with play, and he isnt gonna get any faster.. So please pass on him.. 

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

his first year here, he was still junior eligible ,his lousey showing at the wj tournament ,coupled with NOT wanting to send him back to the hitmen  ,add in some wishful thinking that he would have actually been good enough to  make the team, albeit sheltered TOI,or press box.,hind site being 20/20 his first year here should have been his last year of junior, and then there was last year 'he had to come back to get his stuff' remember that?  So this season by rights should be his first season , still though ,had it have played out that way it 's still a slow trajectory  ,he'll get  there,  if any one knows how to bring him along it's TG. 

Well said sir... Couldnt agree more... 

2 minutes ago, MacIPuma said:

PLEASEEE NO... I was really upset two years ago when he signed with Coilers, but now im so happy he is way to slow, cant keep up with play, and he isnt gonna get any faster.. So please pass on him.. 

MOST of us could see this coming. Oilers were absolutely retarded to get rid of Hall. Hall on the wing with Mcdavid. Good luck with that. 

4 minutes ago, KKnight said:

MOST of us could see this coming. Oilers were absolutely retarded to get rid of Hall. Hall on the wing with Mcdavid. Good luck with that. 

If i was the Oilers. 

Would have traded Eberle for D and potentially Hopkins. Built around Hall, Mcdavid, Draisatl, Klefbom and Talbot. 

13 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

So he has a couple fights? He isn’t a big forward lol. Sure he has balls and is chippy but he isn’t creating space and opportunities for no one with hits. 

I responded to your post where you said your grandmother could beat him up. 

6 hours ago, KKnight said:

Well if we get second or third in the draft, we HAVE to select Svech or Zadina, they are just too good to pass up and they will play in the Nhl next year. Svech reminds me of like a Malkin/Hossa hybrid and Zadina screams Tarasenko. Lets say we acquire Domi and receive second or third, then Kane becomes a little redundant. 

I don't think you read my post. 

It takes many years for a kid to become a big difference maker. Just like it has taken Virtanen many years and he still hasn't gotten there. 

You can't expect one of those kids to come in and be what Kane brings. . 

3 hours ago, chon derry said:

his first year here, he was still junior eligible ,his lousey showing at the wj tournament ,coupled with NOT wanting to send him back to the hitmen  ,add in some wishful thinking that he would have actually been good enough to  make the team, albeit sheltered TOI,or press box.,hind site being 20/20 his first year here should have been his last year of junior, and then there was last year 'he had to come back to get his stuff' remember that?  So this season by rights should be his first season , still though ,had it have played out that way it 's still a slow trajectory  ,he'll get  there,  if any one knows how to bring him along it's TG. 

They all have a story. 

It's been 4 years and he's still a couple of years away. It takes time.. A long time... That's why rebuilds are a long term project. 10 years is normal. 

6 hours ago, combover said:

Oh like tkachuk. Huh.

This is why you don't draft by need. Things can drastically change in 1-2 years. What might not look like a need at that particular time could turn into your biggest need in a short span of time after.

This team desperately needs a Matthew Tkachuk on its team. Hopefully, if they don't get a top 3 pick they're all in on Brady Tkachuk.

As for the TDL just pray to god they don't trade anymore draft picks away and just focus primarily on offloading expiring/expendable players for picks/prospects.

18 hours ago, Lulover88 said:

We need to rebuild ..    That means selling , not buying ..    If they are actually gonna get a player , he better be on the young side 

that is true but saying that sometimes a jump start of a good young player who can play now helps the rebuild by a year or so!

2 hours ago, MacIPuma said:

True, but like everyone claimes Power forwards take more time to grow. Anyways you dont like where he is at atm? 

No I don't. 

I don't think Benning or Linden do either. I don't know if there is anyone happy with Virtanen's development so far, including Virtanen himself. 

Archived