The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

3 hours ago, khay said:

Obviously, any player can be had for the right price...

I think if we re-sign Gudbranson and considering how he and Edler help each other, I think the following top 4 would be pretty good:

Edler-Gud

Juolevi-Tanev

Holm - Stecher

Unless we get Dahlin and majority of new comers exceed expectation, I think we have one more top 10 draft pick coming in 2019 but this defence should be good enough to keep us decent. 

Then add in a Boqvist/Bouchard, Brisebois/Chatfield, and possible return of a certain "T" and yeah, things are looking up in short order.

I like this approach. Jim's not negotiating against himself in the media, he's saying to GMs to come up with something "special" :lol: Setting the bar high without stating the actual price, I like it.

It would be something like a current young roster player, 1st and a minor league prospect I would think, 

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like this approach. Jim's not negotiating against himself in the media, he's saying to GMs to come up with something "special" :lol: Setting the bar high without stating the actual price, I like it.

It would be something like a current young roster player, 1st and a minor league prospect I would think, 

Agreed on all counts, this isn't really anything new but it's nice to have the bar set without mentioning a price. Teams will have to put up or shut up.

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Agreed on all counts, this isn't really anything new but it's nice to have the bar set without mentioning a price. Teams will have to put up or shut up.

interesting to see what the offers will be, especially for playoff teams. 

I like Alex Tuch, but him alone isn't going to get it done with one of the premier shutdown defenseman's in the league. 

#putuporshutup

10 hours ago, on the cycle said:

I think teams have been calling on him for a couple seasons now.

Jim probably seeing the downward trend in trade packages being offered year after year and realizing the Canucks situation. Special package at this point has to be a 1rst and top prospect. Might be a tough sell with Tanev being hurt at the moment. Terrible timing on the new freak injury.

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

If that prospect is Liljegren and we then flip JVR for more assets I’d be ok with that. Otherwise, JVR makes zero sense for us. 

That’s way too much of an ask. JVR could maybe fetch you a 1rst rounder if not multiple 2nds. So you’re saying Tanevs value is potentially 3 first rounders from the leafs.

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

interesting to see what the offers will be, especially for playoff teams. 

I like Alex Tuch, but him alone isn't going to get it done with one of the premier shutdown defenseman's in the league. 

#putuporshutup

He's probs the third biggest fish behind Karlsson and Green but I'm not convinced the Sens will be able to get what they want at the deadline. I could see Karlsson being moved at the draft.

I'm really curious to see what we'd be able to get for him. It won't be an underpayment but I don't think it'll be as huge as a return as some think he'll get.

10 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sounds a bit to me like the Canucks are finally getting the media onside to help seed the market, like they always do for everything Leafs.  They are simply setting the bar for Tanev, their biggest trade asset, for everyone to see.

And again -- not at all surprised.  Nobody is untouchable, ever.

& are the media merely moving in synch(an improvised tango) because their fav sacred $ cow is the desired destination?

At least we don't have No-nuts on the line, requesting Tanev leave practice, demanding we retain(last sec), diabolically rubbing his hands & greedily poppin' timbits...

With Gudbranson playing well with Edler and Chatfield and Brisebois looking like they could replace Tanev eventually, it makes sense to move him before his injuries take a major toll. He's on a good cap hit, and he's still signed for a couple of years that gives teams more insurance than a rental. 1st, Liljegren and Rychel/Marincin/Leivo. I'd consider adding Goldobin if they add in Neilsen as well.

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I'm watching Flyers/Rangers, and Philly doesn't have a chance of winning a single playoff game if they don't shore up their defence. They have a fairly deep prospect pool, too. 

Only thing is we need a right D. Philip Myers doesnt strike me as a guy i would want. 

I’d consider trading Taney and re-signing Gudbranson.  Edler and Guddy look really good together and the physicality is hard to replace.  Tanev will obviously get you a much larger return as he is still under a good contract and not a rental.

Trade Vanek and tell him we’ll talk on July 1 as we clearly should bring him back. 

Archived