The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think your thinking of Minnesota's prospect fwd Jordan Greenway not D prospect JD Greenway.

I am. Find a way to include JD (Leafs prospect) in a trade with T.O. and hope he can convince his brother Jordan (Wild prospects) to finish up his college career (1 more year) and then sign with us as a FA.

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

Oh my God... just make a trade already!  Something.... ANYTHING!  I can't stand any more rumours and pundit talk!

At least give us something tangible to complain or rave about!  

It seems like the first time in forever that teams aren't trying to get deals done early to put pressure on other teams and drive prices up. I guess they might actually have something to say on deadline day coverage unlike last year where pretty much all the major moves had been done around the league already. 

2 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

I am. Find a way to include JD (Leafs prospect) in a trade with T.O. and hope he can convince his brother Jordan (Wild prospects) to finish up his college career (1 more year) and then sign with us as a FA.

Wishful thinking but I like it. Maybe we send a ransom letter.

wE HavE youR BroThEr If yoU wAnt tO SeE hiM AgAin SiGn tHis cOntraCt nOw!

oR JD sLeEPs hOwe SoUndLy.

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

It seems like the first time in forever that teams aren't trying to get deals done early to put pressure on other teams and drive prices up. I guess they might actually have something to say on deadline day coverage unlike last year where pretty much all the major moves had been done around the league already. 

Too many sellers by the sounds of it.  Buyer's market this year.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

The pundits are saying its the opposite on tsn.

Regardless of buyers’ or sellers’ market, doesn’t the value have a lot to do with the quality of what’s for sale?  Tanev, for example, is a valuable player to any who doesn’t have a top line shut down dman, like the Leafs.

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Regardless of buyers’ or sellers’ market, doesn’t the value have a lot to do with the quality of what’s for sale?  Tanev, for example, is a valuable player to any who doesn’t have a top line shut down dman, like the Leafs.

There are more tasty pieces out there. They will likely set the bar and if that bar is low. I can't see a Tanev deal being done pre deadline as he has been beaten down this season. Maybe in the off season.... But JB would be remised not to be workng the phones presently on Tanev getting a feel for the market and posturing. Which it appears he is doing.. Sooo yay

Thoughts on 3 way trade. Benning has made it clear he wants to add some size and grit he can immediately plug into our lineup. 

Max Domi ticks all boxes and can be used up and down the lineup. 

To Toronto: Chris Tanev

To Vancouver: Max Domi

To Arizona: Timothy Liljegren + 2018 2nd 

2 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Thoughts on 3 way trade. Benning has made it clear he wants to add some size and grit he can immediately plug into our lineup. 

Max Domi ticks all boxes and can be used up and down the lineup. 

To Toronto: Chris Tanev

To Vancouver: Max Domi +Toronto 1st

To Arizona: Timothy Liljegren + Josh Leivo

14 hours ago, khay said:

Obviously, any player can be had for the right price...

I think if we re-sign Gudbranson and considering how he and Edler help each other, I think the following top 4 would be pretty good:

Edler-Gud

Juolevi-Tanev

Unless we get Dahlin and majority of new comers exceed expectation, I think we have one more top 10 draft pick coming in 2019 but this defence should be good enough to keep us decent. 

Look out for Stetcher next year. Steadily improving every day.

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I have wanted a Tanev deal all season and quite honestly it was to get a 1st Rounder ++ in a strong draft year. Another aspect of having 2 1st Rounders is the flexibility it gives Benning in either trading up or down. If Gudbranson is resigned I do think Tanev will go if the offer is good enough. THe 2018 Draft will be huge for the Canucks. 

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I agree, another 1st has to be the cornerstone of any Tanev deal, but I also think they need a top prospect too.  Tanev might not be a flashy dman who puts up points, but he's a rock and in the prime of his career.  Best of all, his low point production makes him affordable for a lot of teams.  The more interest there is, the higher his value.

If they pick top 10, I could see JB making a play for a top 2-3 pick.

I was listening to Elliott Friedman's 31 thoughts podcast.  They had Josh Flynn on, the Director of Hockey Administration for the Blue Jackets.  He said it's pretty common knowledge amongst NHL GMs now that it just isn't worth it to try to move up in the draft - it costs too much.  Just some food for thought.

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Too many sellers by the sounds of it.  Buyer's market this year.

It definitely is a buyers market.  I think the other problem is, after the seeing what Colorado got for Duchene, every other GM wants to get a similar return and isn't willing to settle.

33 minutes ago, dura_mater said:

It definitely is a buyers market.  I think the other problem is, after the seeing what Colorado got for Duchene, every other GM wants to get a similar return and isn't willing to settle.

Taveres is pretty much the only guy floating that trumps Duchene in my mind and I would be very surprised if he is dealt. Also how's that working out for Ottawa? I think that trade may hold some water for the market but I wouldn't be relying heavily on it as a benchmark especially when it comes to UFA's which will be bargain basement fire sale prices. 

Archived