The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

No way are we trading Tanev to the Leafs.  What, exactly, do they have we would want anyway?  Maybe their 2018 first and their 2019 first, but that's it. The players are Losers, and will be over paid.   

Didn't we go thru this same exercise last June? I am a long advocate of moving Tanev but the bottom line has to be a 1st rdr and a NHL ready prospect. Failing that JB keeps him until the TDL next spring. We could only hope he stays injury free and has a solid season to amp his value. That scenario makes even more sense if Joulevi cracks the lineup. 

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Okay, I see the Truculent part but not sure I agree with analytical given the nature of this post.  

Ok

Read this board and tell me you don't find any "reprehensible turds that have an ill begotten superiority complex."  Should we now spread that perception on to all Canucks fans.

I find posters who have no idea how trades work in the NHL. I find posters who greatly overvalue players on their roster, and posters who subsequently undervalue players on their roster. I find most Canucks fans are very proud of their team, but are realistic. There's apollo as well, but apollo is necessary.

The media coverage of the Leafs is frustrating but their fans are a very dedicated group, God knows they have gone through a long rough patch and have held on supporting their team all over the country.

Great. They're a dedicated group that wears paper bags on their heads to games, and whips jerseys on the ice, and boos their players. Awesome fanbase, there. Who cares what kind of rough patch the Leafs have gone through? I highly doubt they give a squirt about the Canucks, with proof being that the majority of hockey fans across the country cheering for the Bruins during the 2011 Finals.

Do I enjoy a little comeuppance when they crash and burn, sure, but would I attack them as a generic group of reprehensible turds? Come on we can do better than that.

I do believe I included "for the most part" in the statement, as to not lump in all Leafs fans. There are some good ones out there, I guess. We? You do you, I'll do me. That sounds wrong...

Besides, I don't remember them tearing up their downtown during any of their losses.  Should we assume that is how all Canucks fans act?

This tired example again? Oh man. Ok. Here's the deal. There were reports of people carrying crowbars and jerry cans of gasoline on the Expo Line Skytrain heading downtown an hour before the game ended. The people who started the riots weren't hockey fans, they were nihilists who wanted to see the city burn. Once the liquored up masses poured morosely out of Rogers after that travesty of a final, they were swept up in the chaos of the situation and everything ballooned. It was a mess, and an embarrassment, but when looked at in hindsight and with knowledge acquired from various sources, it wasn't as simple as Canucks fans lose their crap.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

TSN and the Eastern based media are simply puppets promoting Leaf's propaganda.  And I absolutely hate Toronto.  It's a filthy and disgusting city.  What other Canadian city has 30 smog alert days every summer, because the air is so filthy people will die for going outside?  Those Toronto residents are all jealous of our fabulous west coast weather, with our mild winter, and summers without BUGS.  The Leafs are LOSERS!!!!  No way should we trade them Tanev.  They have nothing we want.  Loser players...Loser team...Loser city.  

(Except Davie Keon, of course; he was great!) 

Alf you are just trying to fan the flames.

I am not here to defend the Leafs or the reprehensible way the media favours them.  Just don't think the fans should be targeted collectively or that these kind of blanket attacks on people are good in any discussion.  I often say the same thing when Canucks fans get painted with the same brush as some of the more bombastic posters on this board.

I spent three hours walking around Toronto on a hot day a couple weeks ago.  It is no Vancouver but it is the only true metropolitan city in Canada.  The Smog comes with that as well as it's placement in the arm pit of North America.  Great city to spend some time in though.  So much to do.  Beautiful women of all shades in sun dresses, summer in the city is fantastic.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This tired example again? Oh man. Ok. Here's the deal. There were reports of people carrying crowbars and jerry cans of gasoline on the Expo Line Skytrain heading downtown an hour before the game ended. The people who started the riots weren't hockey fans, they were nihilists who wanted to see the city burn. Once the liquored up masses poured morosely out of Rogers after that travesty of a final, they were swept up in the chaos of the situation and everything ballooned. It was a mess, and an embarrassment, but when looked at in hindsight and with knowledge acquired from various sources, it wasn't as simple as Canucks fans lose their crap.

This is exactly the point I am trying to make.  You say we shouldn't allow that to colour how we look at Canuck's fans but at the same time are grouping most Leafs fans together in a group that you have no problem denegrading.

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

This is exactly the point I am trying to make.  You say we shouldn't allow that to colour how we look at Canuck's fans but at the same time are grouping most Leafs fans together in a group that you have no problem denegrading.

Easy. I never said "we shouldn't allow that to color how we look at Canucks fans". I stated "it's not as simple as Canucks fans losing their crap", although it was kinda like that.

I will give in to one of your demands, you charlatan. I will alter my statement from "most Leafs fans" to "a sizeable portion of Leafs fans" as to reflect the fact that a lot of kids are Leafs fans and don't know any better due to their age.

Did you happen to gloss over the fact that the majority of Canadian hockey fans, with Leafs being a strong contingent, turned their backs on a Canadian team in 2011, in favor of an American one? That still factors heavily into how I personally feel about the majority of Canadian teams. However, I do have a newfound respect for the Oilers in how they lined up and sent off the Sedins in the final game of the year. Katz is pure class. As is McDavid. Sad that they are stuck with Chiapet.

24 minutes ago, rekker said:

I hear you. It's really a reflection on the sad state of media nowadays. I want to vomit when I see Dreger. I would seriously call him a short hack-puppet if I ever met him. 

That's kind of me!  :lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Alf you are just trying to fan the flames.

I am not here to defend the Leafs or the reprehensible way the media favours them.  Just don't think the fans should be targeted collectively or that these kind of blanket attacks on people are good in any discussion.  I often say the same thing when Canucks fans get painted with the same brush as some of the more bombastic posters on this board.

I spent three hours walking around Toronto on a hot day a couple weeks ago.  It is no Vancouver but it is the only true metropolitan city in Canada.  The Smog comes with that as well as it's placement in the arm pit of North America.  Great city to spend some time in though.  So much to do.  Beautiful women of all shades in sun dresses, summer in the city is fantastic.

I guess the women are beautiful, but it's hard to tell, because in the winter they are all bundled up in parkas to keep from freezing, and in the summer they wear gas masks to keep from breathing the smog and dying.  

I'm a Vancouver fan.  I hate all the other teams, especially the Leafs. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Did you happen to gloss over the fact that the majority of Canadian hockey fans, with Leafs being a strong contingent, turned their backs on a Canadian team in 2011, in favor of an American one? That still factors heavily into how I personally feel about the majority of Canadian teams. However, I do have a newfound respect for the Oilers in how they lined up and sent off the Sedins in the final game of the year. Katz is pure class. As is McDavid. Sad that they are stuck with Chiapet.

I have not been pulling punches with the media.  I agree that it was awful the way the Canucks were treated by the National media.  When the Senator's, Flames, Oilers all went on their ill fated runs they stood up and cheered collectively.  When the Canuck's do they take shot after shot.  They call out Burrows and Kesler but ignored the crap the Bruin's pulled.  Just reprehensible coverage.  But that is the media, not the fans or the other Canadian teams.

The Oiler's did things right for the Sedin's.  No body deserves Ciarelli.

Can't wait for the draft so have a little more meat and potatoes things to discuss on this board.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I guess the women are beautiful, but it's hard to tell, because in the winter they are all bundled up in parkas to keep from freezing, and in the summer they wear gas masks to keep from breathing the smog and dying.  

I'm a Vancouver fan.  I hate all the other teams, especially the Leafs. 

I truly appreciate your dedication.  No back up teams just the Canucks.  I have moved that way myself.

I lived in the Boston area when I was a kid, so always kind of cheered for the Bruins as my backup/eastern team but 2011 ruined that for me, now I can't stand that team.

19 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I truly appreciate your dedication.  No back up teams just the Canucks.  I have moved that way myself.

I lived in the Boston area when I was a kid, so always kind of cheered for the Bruins as my backup/eastern team but 2011 ruined that for me, now I can't stand that team.

I hated the Habs as a kid, before we got the Canucks.  I cheered for the Bruins to beat them, and celebrated when they did.  Now, after almost 50 years of being a suffering Canuck's fan, it's hate them all, but our beloved Blue, Green, and White.  I can cheer for certain players to do well though, like OV.  I was happy to see him win a Cup.  He's a fabulous player, and he doesn't play in TO.  :lol::lol:

9 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

This would be too perfect. We'd get another high pick to help with our rebuild. Edmonton gets a steady defensive presence to improve and hopefully stabilize their back end and get back over the hump. Better defense also should help Talbot. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

TSN and the Eastern based media are simply puppets promoting Leaf's propaganda.  And I absolutely hate Toronto.  It's a filthy and disgusting city.  What other Canadian city has 30 smog alert days every summer, because the air is so filthy people will die for going outside?  Those Toronto residents are all jealous of our fabulous west coast weather, with our mild winter, and summers without BUGS.  The Leafs are LOSERS!!!!  No way should we trade them Tanev.  They have nothing we want.  Loser players...Loser team...Loser city.  

(Except Davie Keon, of course; he was great!) 

You obviously haven't been to Edmonton have you? :wacko:

29 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

13 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

This would be too perfect. We'd get another high pick to help with our rebuild. Edmonton gets a steady defensive presence to improve and hopefully stabilize their back end and get back over the hump. Better defense also should help Talbot. 

11 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

do it, Tanev to EDM please.....  would open up options on who we could take, select wahlstrom and then take ty Smith or take 2 top Ds

Word is he wants a right handed offensive dman. We don't have one to give.

Archived