The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

34 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

Considering Edmonton gives up Hart trophy winners for right handed D-men, we need to jump all over this.

Some people are saying Tanev's value after injuries isn't even worth a 1st let alone 10 overall so we may have to give up a bit more:

Tanev for 10th overall.

plus we give up any of:

Granlund 

2018 3rd round

Hutton

Pouliot 

JB likes 9 guys in the draft and there' s a pretty good chance 1 of those 9 will be there at 10. 

2 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Considering Edmonton gives up Hart trophy winners for right handed D-men, we need to jump all over this.

Some people are saying Tanev's value after injuries isn't even worth a 1st let alone 10 overall so we may have to give up a bit more:

Tanev for 10th overall.

plus we give up any of:

Granlund 

2018 3rd round

Hutton

Pouliot 

JB likes 9 guys in the draft and there' s a pretty good chance 1 of those 9 will be there at 10. 

Tanev + 7 for Poolparty + 10?  

7 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Tanev for 10th overall+ lucic. Bring it. 

Lucic would have to agree with the destination. Word on the street is that Milan has had it with playing in Canada. Something about the hyper-criticism, and nothing having to do with not scoring a single goal in 40+ games.

Oh Milan....lucicSMASH.gif

7 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Tanev for 10th overall.

plus we give up any of:

Granlund 

2018 3rd round

Hutton

Pouliot 

Some people don't realize there aren't many teams able to give up a defensemen as good as Tanev.

I'd be very happy with Tanev for Edm's 10th as all the pieces in the deal. Edmonton's not going to do better. Calgary isn't going to trade them Hamilton. 

5 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

do it, Tanev to EDM please.....  would open up options on who we could take, select wahlstrom and then take ty Smith or take 2 top Ds

We trade Tanev to Edmonton for the 10th. (yes in my dream world) then the draft unfolds:

1. Dahlin

2. Svechnikov

3. Kotkaniemi

4.Hughes

5. Tkachuk

6. Zadina

7. Boquivst

8. Dobson

9. Walstrom

10. Bouchard

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Tanev + 7 for Poolparty + 10?  

thats a solid idea Edmonton wouldn't do Tanev for 10

but 

Vancouver wouldn't do 7 for Jesse 

i'd be on the fence so it's probly pretty fair. The idea would be to add a 1'st but at least Poolparty is only 20 years old.

He's not quite showing as much as was expected of him, I remember at one point several months before the draft people(minority but still) actually debated him going ahead of Laine. 

Just now, brian42 said:

thats a solid idea Edmonton wouldn't do Tanev for 10

but 

Vancouver wouldn't do 7 for Jesse 

i'd be on the fence so it's probly pretty fair. The idea would be to add a 1'st but at least Poolparty is only 20 years old.

He's not quite showing as much as was expected of him, I remember at one point several months before the draft people(minority but still) actually debated him going ahead of Laine. 

I remember that debate.  Some were saying Poolparty could play center, and might actually be better suited for that position.  

I just hope that if JB is offered to switch picks with the Oilers, it's not simply to add RNH. I'd rather go for Poolparty.

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Alf you are just trying to fan the flames.

I am not here to defend the Leafs or the reprehensible way the media favours them.  Just don't think the fans should be targeted collectively or that these kind of blanket attacks on people are good in any discussion.  I often say the same thing when Canucks fans get painted with the same brush as some of the more bombastic posters on this board.

I spent three hours walking around Toronto on a hot day a couple weeks ago.  It is no Vancouver but it is the only true metropolitan city in Canada.  The Smog comes with that as well as it's placement in the arm pit of North America.  Great city to spend some time in though.  So much to do.  Beautiful women of all shades in sun dresses, summer in the city is fantastic.

One of my fondest memories from my 20's was meeting this beauty of a girl from Toronto who was visiting her family on the island. Hung with her a bit, flew out to Toronto a few times when she went back to see her again through the summer. Checking out the city, partying, meeting other women, going to concerts at the Molson amphitheatre park (Lynard skynard, Run DMC, Kid Rock, and a few other kick ass bands)...was a great time, and a great summer fling lol. Cheers

21 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That he is.... he’s just missing the offensive part. 

Oilers are said to be interested in barrie and possibly even dumba although I expect them to hold there pick and go after green this off season. 

McKenzie is now saying that the one they really want is Ryan Ellis but he is not available.  Poile says his off-season priority is to get him signed.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

McKenzie is now saying that the one they really want is Ryan Ellis but he is not available.  Poile says his off-season priority is to get him signed.

That means Tanev is not the style/type of  defender they are in the market for.  

Just now, mll said:

Ellis would make sense. 10th overall for Ellis.... I’d probably consider that if I’m Nashville. They’d still have a solid top 3 d and fabbro is coming up.  I guess it would depend who’s left on the board.

.....Actually the more I think about it. I wouldn’t do it if I’m Nashville. All it would really do is save them cap while the pick isn’t that likely to amount to more, if at all reach the Ellis Level. I’d need more coming from oilers. 

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Tanev for 10th overall+ lucic. Bring it. 

what do we get for taking the Lucic cap dump?

nothing

To Edmonton:

Tanev

Gagner

To Vancouver:

10th overall 18

Lucic

Benson

40th overall 18

Bear

Don't like that Chia?  Bust rocks.  Good luck moving that lumbering $6 million 10 goal scorer.  "hockey trade" lol.

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Ellis would make sense. 10th overall for Ellis.... I’d probably consider that if I’m Nashville. They’d still have a solid top 3 d and fabbro is coming up.  I guess it would depend who’s left on the board.

.....Actually the more I think about it. I wouldn’t do it if I’m Nashville. All it would really do is save them cap while the pick isn’t that likely to amount to more, if at all reach the Ellis Level. I’d need more coming from oilers. 

Nashville is not trading Ellis.  His off-season priority is to get him signed and Ellis wants to sign there too.  They seriously considered giving him the C and created the position associate captain for him - the other As are alternates. 

This was Friedman in May when asked about Ellis' availability  https://frshockey.com/nhl/predators/friedman-shoots-down-notion-of-predators-trading-ellis/

“I can’t see Nashville moving Ellis,” said Friedman. “I just don’t see it. He’s a Predator born and bred. He’s happy to be there. He’s one of theirs, right. I think they would try to sort out the whole situation with Ellis before they would consider moving him. I think he’s a very big part of their identity and who they are. 

“I think Nashville would exhaust every possibility about keeping him before they would consider moving him. And from everything I know about Ryan Ellis, he loves it there and he would make it work.

“Look, the contract he signed last time, he made it work. To me, the surest predictor of future behavior is past behavior. And obviously Ryan Ellis is a guy who loves it in Nashville, and what’s not to like. And as you and I have talked about, what’s the old philosophy? Don’t screw around with happy. And if you’re happy, you find a way to get it done. 

“Until I’m led to believe anything otherwise, I believe he’s going to be there forever and ever and ever amen.”

Archived