The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

15 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah you do not trade Tanev for nothing but a lotto ticket, let alone add to get it.

Under Quinn, Burke, Nonis and Gillis, a draft pick was indeed as good if not worse than a lottery ticket.

However, under Benning, it is a front row ticket to the Cup in the future.

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Under Quinn, Burke, Nonis and Gillis, a draft pick was indeed as good if not worse than a lottery ticket.

However, under Benning, it is a front row ticket to the Cup in the future.

This!

1 hour ago, brian42 said:

this is a trade which could make sense:

Tanev 

Granlund

2018 3rd RD

to NYI for

Cal Clutterbuck 

Tanev most likely won't get #12 by himself. 

Cal Clutterbuck has 4 years at 3.5 per year for this reason he probably has neutral or slightly negative value. He does bring character and grit that the Canucks are looking for though.  It frees up some cap for Tavares and Granlund will not cost as much. 

In principle I agree with the spirit of this proposal (yes, it would be a drag to see Tanev go).

There might be some fine tuning to be done, like to try to stick them with a 4th or lower rather than a 3rd.

regards,  G.

2 hours ago, brian42 said:

this is a trade which could make sense:

Tanev 

Granlund

2018 3rd RD

to NYI for

Cal Clutterbuck 

Tanev most likely won't get #12 by himself. 

Cal Clutterbuck has 4 years at 3.5 per year for this reason he probably has neutral or slightly negative value. He does bring character and grit that the Canucks are looking for though.  It frees up some cap for Tavares and Granlund will not cost as much. 

Tanev

Baertschi

12th

Brock Nelson

Scott Mayfield

If the Isles are signing Tavares and looking to uptick (which undoubtedly they would be were that the case) - I think this is a deal that makes sense for them, and us.  They're potentially losing Hickey to FA.  Seidenberg also expiring.  Tanev Boychuk and Pulock gives them a fairly respectable right side and a player that imo would fit well in that group.   Mayfield is a guy we'd need coming back for our right side and becomes more moveable with the addition of Tanev. Nelson is an RFA that they've reportedly been shopping and don't want to pay - someone that imo would be a good fit here.  Cixikas would be another option.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Tanev

Baertschi

12th

Brock Nelson

Scott Mayfield

If the Isles are signing Tavares and looking to uptick (which undoubtedly they would be were that the case) - I think this is a deal that makes sense for them, and us.  They're potentially losing Hickey to FA.  Seidenberg also expiring.  Tanev Boychuk and Pulock gives them a fairly respectable right side and a player that imo would fit well in that group.   Mayfield is a guy we'd need coming back for our right side and becomes more moveable with the addition of Tanev. Nelson is an RFA that they've reportedly been shopping and don't want to pay - someone that imo would be a good fit here.  Cixikas would be another option.

Woah

An old news trade proposal.

Very nice.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Getting Hughes just caused the price for Tanev to go even higher.  It would take a crazy amount to pry Tanev from us now.

He could be the perfect fit,  if Hughes makes the team perhaps Pouliot becomes expendable unless they prefer to keep him for our bottom 6 left side.

Hutton has size and physicality which could be very useful.  But if we have Guddy and edler we may not need another big guy.  big decisions for jim and crew.

53 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Hopefully if we’re out of it trade deadline Tanev has been healthy all year and we can find a great deal for him.

In theory that could be where they get more value for him, I could totally see GMs paying more at the deadline then now for Tanev.

Now that Hughes or Juolevi might make the team I’m really glad that we kept Tanev. 

If we’re out of the playoff run by trade deadline we should definitely revisit this though. It’d be so awesome to have two first round picks in next year’s draft for all of us favs taking it in live at Rogers Arena. 

26 minutes ago, Canuck Drogo said:

Now that Hughes or Juolevi might make the team I’m really glad that we kept Tanev. 

If we’re out of the playoff run by trade deadline we should definitely revisit this though. It’d be so awesome to have two first round picks in next year’s draft for all of us favs taking it in live at Rogers Arena. 

That’s what I’m thinking! It would be a wild draft if we moved some vets and had another couple 1rst and 2nd rounders. I’d be pretty interested in going if we had multiple picks in the first round.

Archived