The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tampa and Toronto interested in Chris Tanev, low offers so far

Rush17

12 hours ago, khay said:

Why shouldn't Tanev go to regular establishments? Just because he's a hockey player on a hockey market, he doesn't get to enjoy his life? 

Tanev does seem to be a private guy but I don't see anything wrong with that. Not everyone is friendly.

I agree - and not everyone is willing to concede their private space - not something they "owe" fans by virtue of being a professional athlete.

He may be  in 'public' but this is his 'private' time - he's not at 'work' - it's not really part of his duties to always oblige public attention.

The response might also have something to do with how they are approached.

And really, who wants to shake anyone's hand in a washroom?   That's not good 'hygiene' lol.

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I agree - and not everyone is willing to concede their private space - not something they "owe" fans by virtue of being a professional athlete.

He may be  in 'public' but this is his 'private' time - he's not at 'work' - it's not really part of his duties to always oblige public attention.

The response might also have something to do with how they are approached.

And really, who wants to shake anyone's hand in a washroom?   That's not good 'hygiene' lol.

While I agree, there is a reality and responsibility to the situation.  Though it's obviously not the same, as a teacher I can't go anywhere without having kids and parents talking to me.  Doesn't matter where I go, it's always the same.  Granted I have personal relationships with these people, so its different, but if you are a public figure you should be somewhat understanding and personable in those situations, imo.

13 hours ago, .Naslund said:

I've seen him twice but never approached him because he definitely gives off the don't talk to me vibe.  His mannerisms are also very BROish. Kassian was really nice though.  probably the friendliest Canuck I've met.  Yannick Weber was also with them, and was definitely one of the most awkward human beings I have ever encountered.  

Horvat is a very nice guy don't worry, as is Hutton. 

Kass was probably buzzed that's why he was so friendly

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

While I agree, there is a reality and responsibility to the situation.  Though it's obviously not the same, as a teacher I can't go anywhere without having kids and parents talking to me.  Doesn't matter where I go, it's always the same.  Granted I have personal relationships with these people, so its different, but if you are a public figure you should be somewhat understanding and personable in those situations, imo.

Relevent points, but a teacher's role is decidely social - whereas a hockey player is a hockey player - really, their 'social' role is secondary.

Just now, oldnews said:

Relevent points, but a teacher's role is decidely social - whereas a hockey player is a hockey player - really, their 'social' role is secondary.

I agree, but there is some responsibility to the community, especially since people are forking over money for tix, merchandise etc. 

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, but there is some responsibility to the community, especially since people are forking over money for tix, merchandise etc. 

Right but how far does that go? Hockey players give back to the community all the time. It doesn't mean they need to take time away from their private lives because some guy wearing a hat with the logo of his employer on it came by to interrupt him. They shouldn't be rude but they're under no obligation go out of their way to humour you. Some will, some won't, its up to their personality.

And back to my earlier point, watching people go out of their way to bug celebrities, I never understood why. They may humour you but they don't care who you are. And what do you get out of it? That you get to brag to your friends you "met" a celebrity? Is talking to some person people recognize for 30 seconds that much of an achievement? I think it's kind of sad. Obviously meet and greets and fan events and stuff are different, but I just don't see the point of going out of your way to interrupt someone's private time because you saw them on tv. It's rude to them and kind of pointless for you.

16 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Right but how far does that go? Hockey players give back to the community all the time. It doesn't mean they need to take time away from their private lives because some guy wearing a hat with the logo of his employer on it came by to interrupt him. They shouldn't be rude but they're under no obligation go out of their way to humour you. Some will, some won't, its up to their personality.

And back to my earlier point, watching people go out of their way to bug celebrities, I never understood why. They may humour you but they don't care who you are. And what do you get out of it? That you get to brag to your friends you "met" a celebrity? Is talking to some person people recognize for 30 seconds that much of an achievement? I think it's kind of sad. Obviously meet and greets and fan events and stuff are different, but I just don't see the point of going out of your way to interrupt someone's private time because you saw them on tv. It's rude to them and kind of pointless for you.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it is a reality and if you're making millions playing a game, you should at least try and be personable. 

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Anyone see Washington as a possible fit for Tanev?  A young Lucas Johansen and a Madison Bowey be great adds.  

I think the Caps want to try and sign Carlson to a long term deal. Taking on Tanev complicates things quite a bit as he has term. Carlson is going to be paid very well. Maybe he wants to test FA as he knows he is the top D available?

Maybe a draft type deal if Caps cant get Carlson signed but think that will be their #1 priority vs trying to get Tanev.

Tanev to NYI or TB would be ideal for me. TB has the prospects, NYI have the picks

17 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don’t think Washington makes a big move. I think they add another small vet trade. They are gun shy after making a big move with shattenkirk. 

The Kempny move is puzzling to me, seems like a high pick to give up for him. But I agree they want to sign Carlson so doubt they add to the D in a big trade. Might make a minor move up front

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

The Kempny move is puzzling to me, seems like a high pick to give up for him. But I agree they want to sign Carlson so doubt they add to the D in a big trade. Might make a minor move up front

Feel like once they signed Eller the chance of signing Carlson was gone. He should probably be close to the 7 mill a year mark. I don’t know if they have that much coin left to give! Maybe if the Canucks do them a CAP favor and take a package of Wilson and Orpik they could realistically fit him in.

9 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Feel like once they signed Eller the chance of signing Carlson was gone. He should probably be close to the 7 mill a year mark. I don’t know if they have that much coin left to give! Maybe if the Canucks do them a CAP favor and take a package of Wilson and Orpik they could realistically fit him in.

maybe we can get burakovsky for a decent price?

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

What would be the minimum we should accept from Toronto if we took Lilegren off them in a Tanev deal?

A.) 1st

B.) 1st + 2nd

C.) 2 x 2nds

D.) 2nd + 3rd

E.) 2nd

F.) 2 x 3rds

G.) 3rd

Or 

H.) 1 for 1 swap

Liljegrin, Carrick and their late 1st MINIMUM or they can pound sand and we'll trade him to NYI or TBL.

Archived