The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Flyers Neuvirth out with injury, Nilsson possible trade replacement

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/flyers-michal-neuvirth-suffers-lower-body-malady/

Both Philly goalies are out with injuries, Neuvirth just went down with an injury and they need a capable replacement to stay in the playoff race.  Apparently Hextall turned down a Mrazek deal for a 3rd rounder from Detroit earlier and now the price will only go up.  Could Nilsson be that replacement?   Who comes back from Philly?

Screenshot_20180218-114334.jpg

Just more speculation from people that think other GMs are lining up to give Benning draft picks for our players, but the only think getting in the away is GMJB's stubbornness.  Getting their hopes up just fuels more whining and complaining when the Canucks don't go into the next draft with 20+ picks.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Just as long as Demko isn't called up this year.  Much rather see him be part of a long playoff run in Utica instead of getting shelled here.

Agreed.  Although I think the best of both worlds has Demko playing 2-3 games this year while being a part of a long playoff run.  If it's one or the other I'd prefer Demko stay for the playoff run.

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Im happy to bring up Demko, so long that he gets some games.

I dont think it would break him.  Hes ready for the next level imo.

Keep in mind our defense is likely to be much worse after the deadline, with possible Tanev and Gudbranson trades.  Our goalies are likely to get shelled.

Archived