The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Former Canuck would you Draft today to help this team

mikeyman109

What former Canucks player would have the biggest impact on this team today. If you could draft anyone from the past teams to play on this current roster who would it be?

For me I think the heart of this team left when they traded Bieksa. We need that type of player today that can skate handle his own end and provide not only toughness but leadership on and off the ice.

What are your thoughts? Bure? Linden? Snepts? Lumme? Ronning?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sorry everyone, but an 18 year old Messier would make a HUGE difference to our rebuild.  

Yeah, he'd cause a giant problem in the locker room due to a piss-poor attitude.  Would go against everything Benning has said regarding the importance of character. 

Laziest piece of trash I've ever seen disgrace the uniform.

Tie between Ohlund, Bure and Smyl. Each one had a little "something" that this team could use. If I was forced to choose one...sorry Bure, but I'd choose Ohlund. He would solidify our back end so well, pushing everyone down one spot, which is about where everyone we currently have needs to be.

Would it be wrong to say that a young Luongo wouldn't be out of this mix?  Either that or Ohlund.  Love Bure, but we need back end help more than we need it at forward.  Tho if I could, I'd do one at each major position.  Luongo, Ohlund, and Bure would have made this years team a lot more enjoyable, and watching Bure and Boesser outscore the opposition would be exciting.

Archived