The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Former Canuck would you Draft today to help this team

mikeyman109

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Rick Lanz takes that distinction. Drafted 7th overall. Not that draft placement matters, but by far the most underrated offensive D this team has ever had. If he had more luck and opportunity, he could've been in the HHOF. 

Can't agree with you .

Paul Reinhart had over 50 goals his last year of Jr's  -  played D and C.  

9 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Rick Lanz takes that distinction. Drafted 7th overall. Not that draft placement matters, but by far the most underrated offensive D this team has ever had. If he had more luck and opportunity, he could've been in the HHOF. 

I actually thought his best work for the Canucks was helping to break in one of the two big acquisitions of (Milford? - heh, was so long ago.....) Hlinka & Bubla (both were from the country that Lanz & his family escaped from during the Cold War).  

11 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Bure.  

Anyone that picks someone other than Bure, never watched Bure.  

Dude was scoring 50+ on bad knees in the clutch and grab era.  

I have watched every player the Canucks have ever had since Oct 9 n1970. Lots of players brought skill to this team. Bure was their best for me also but i asked what this team needs now from a former Canuck. And there are a lot of right answers.

4 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I have watched every player the Canucks have ever had since Oct 9 n1970. Lots of players brought skill to this team. Bure was their best for me also but i asked what this team needs now from a former Canuck. And there are a lot of right answers.

But I would still take Bure 10/10 times..............the shear entertainment..................he was amazing when healthy

4 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

He was amazing for sure. Wish we could find another draft pick like that in the last round.

Unfortunately that would never happen, since the Canucks were the only ones who did their homework, and knew that Bure was eligible to be in the draft.  All the other clubs didn't think he was eligible or else he would've been picked a lot earlier.

Bure in his prime - and happy to play here with all the distractions with how he was treated by the old management team out of the picture?......priceless.

Like the draft, the answer to the question is the same.....Take the best player available. 

(Then we could always trade this prime specimen for a #1 defenseman if we so chose to)  But we probably wouldn't. B)

53 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Bure in his prime - and happy to play here with all the distractions with how he was treated by the old management team out of the picture?......priceless.

Like the draft, the answer to the question is the same.....Take the best player available. 

(Then we could always trade this prime specimen for a #1 defenseman if we so chose to)  But we probably wouldn't. B)

you had me until you said that. You build front the net out. You draft from the net out. If we have a great goalie prospect that is to be the next one (Demko) then we move on to phase 2. Drafting the best Defense man for our future roster. Draft for the style you want to play and draft as many of them as you can get. Unless Pavel is sitting there waiting to be taken I would exercise that this year for sure and maybe next Year. Forwards can be taken any year in many ways including free agency. Norris trophy candidates come from one place only and that's the draft.Please no more smurfs. Big Tough Scott Stevens types please.Id even take a Bieksa or a Hamhuis at this point. The forwards have some great prospects and we can still draft them in the future. This year there are D men we should be focused on awaiting.

Lots of great options. So I'm going with Mike Peca, for some more leadership and some playoff grit.

This is, of course, after all the other players already mentioned. Fantasy, that none of the prementioned players have any severe injuries this time round. Maybe Manny for some faceoff skill?

Archived