• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
walgrove65

Proposal- Leafs Canucks

leafs need top 4 D. Canucks need youth and scoring...

To Leafs: D Tanev 

To Canucks: D Travis Dermott, LW Andreas Johnson.https://dobberprospects.com/andreas-johnson/ https://dobberprospects.com/travis-dermott/

2 promising ready for NHL grade advanced prospects... Johnson can play on a line with Dahlen and Pettersen and form a formidable offensive line for years to come, leaving Boeser and Horvat to anchor top line..

Hard no. 

JB said it has to be a real good offer, this isn't even close. This is trash.

Is OP a Leafs fan? Probably .

We need another small, soft euro forward like we need another twentysomething offensive-ish bottom pairing Dman. So that covers both of em.

Hard no. This trade totally sucks for us. Brutal

Edit- I would've used a daily neg vote here. If we still had them

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You must be a Leafs fan?  Dermott is overrated and Johnson isn't even a middle prospect.

Also, Dobber is for fantasy hockey.  It's not to say it's not useful for the NHL but they rank players based on fantasy value not real life NHL value.

Edited by dura_mater
Additional information

Would anybody do Toronto’s 2018 1rst, Rasanen and a 2019 2nd rounder. Similar package to what NYI got from Calgary for Hamonic. Rasanens offence hasn’t progressed in his D+1 year but he’s like 6’7” could be a stay at home monster!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Would anybody do Toronto’s 2018 1rst, Rasanen and a 2019 2nd rounder. Similar package to what NYI got from Calgary for Hamonic. Rasanens offence hasn’t progressed in his D+1 year but he’s like 6’7” could be a stay at home monster!

I was actually going to write up this proposal yesterday! Sadly I worked late and couldn't be bothered by the time I got home.

Toronto keeps its top prospects and we get some draft picks and a big young right handed defensemen. I'd be willing to retain 50% on Tanevs contract to get it to happen. Would only be 2.25 million for the next two years.

I would like Carrick thrown into the deal. I know he isn't great by any means but he's only 23, he's a right handed defensemen, and it would give us some more  competition on the right side

Edited by HockeydownUnder
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

I was actually going to write up this proposal yesterday! Sadly I worked late and couldn't be bothered by the time I got home.

Toronto keeps its top prospects and we get some draft picks and a big young right handed defensemen. I'd be willing to retain 50% on Tanevs contract to get it to happen. Would only be 2.25 million for the next two years.

I would like Carrick thrown into the deal. I know he isn't great by any means but he's only 23, he's a right handed defensemen, and it would give us some more  competition on the right side

Why would we retain? He already is on one of the best deals in Hockey. As for the trade, JB was pretty adamant that it has to be A pretty special deal. That isn't. I think JB will only pull the trigger if A 1st A grade a prospect or A proven young guy is coming back. I think NYI makes the most sense. Tanev and 2nds for their 2 firsts. Plus they can pick one of our current goalies not named Demko. 

I know if I continue reading I'm going to see A proposal involving Lily from the Leafs.l Keep in mind he was the only player JB did not invite for A pre-draft interview. And from whats been said about him, he has the IQ of Arty57 . So I don't think JB goes for any deal involving him. If Tdot wants him It's a 1st and Marner. Which they probably wouldn't do. but that's what I would ask for. Considering how badly they need A guy like Tanev. Cheers

9 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

8 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

This was what I was thinking also, except I would make the 2019 pick be a conditional 3rd, with the condition being that, it upgrades to a 2nd if the Leafs make it to the 2nd round and upgrades further to a 1st if the Leafs make it to the conference finals in either 2017-18 or 2018-19. 

As mentioned, this is a similar return to what Hamonic got, and there should be zero salary retention on Vancouver's part; any salary retention would have to include a Liljgren, as Tanev is already on a sweetheart deal for 2+ more years, should he be moved this deadline.  In regards with Rasanen, he fills a need for this team - a young physical RHD giant who can move the puck.  Toronto would be more willing to part with him given, should this trade occur, their top-8 would include Reilly, Tanev, Gardiner, Zaitsev, and some combination of Carrick/Polak/Hainsey/Dermott/Liljgren/Nielsen, making it more difficult for him to crack their current roster.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=196005

Edited by Keenan's Moustache