The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(TRADE PROPOSAL) Van/Ari/Tor

To Van: Max Domi (from Ari)

To Tor: Chris Tanev (from Van)

To Ari: Timothy Liljegren, 2018 2nd (from Tor) Cole Cassels (from Van) 

Max Domi replaces Henrik Sedin for the second line centre position. Takes a lot of pressure off of Green with the line up if we can put someone in who is suitable for the position. Domi can also move up and down the lineup and become a part of our new core. 

Baertchi Horvat Boeser

Eriksson Domi Goldobin 

Granlund Gaudette Gagner  

Gaunce Sutter Virtanen 

Archibald  

Edler Gudbranson 

Del Zotto Stetcher
Hutton Pouliot 

Juolevi Biega 

Markstrom 

Neilsson 

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

As corrected elsewhere...

;)

would be nice but I can't see Toronto giving up Liljegren and this years first for Tanev. If its a second they might do it. Other than that I think the value is pretty close and Its a trade that benefits all three teams. 

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

would be nice but I can't see Toronto giving up Liljegren and this years first for Tanev. If its a second they might do it. Other than that I think the value is pretty close and Its a trade that benefits all three teams. 

I can't see the Canucks giving up Tanev for nothing but Liljegren and a 2nd -- now where are we?

Tanev is worth more than a mid first round prospect and a low 2nd round pick.  FAR more.

8 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

I'd rather just do a deal with Toronto for Lljegren

I don't think JB has any interest in Lily at all. I'm basing that on the fact that of all the players expected to go in the 1st round last year Lily was the only player not invited here for A pre-draft interview. Also With the leafs, the glaring need for A RHD he hasn't has one look with the big club all year. Pretty sure Shanny and Lou would rather fill that need internally if they thought they could. Yes I know he is young and all that, but if he,s such A super prospect don't you think they would have given him A shot? This was A guy who was talked about going first overall at the start of last season. Once scouts really started scrutinizing him, the consensus was he had A very low hockey IQ There was A reason he fell all the way to Toronto. Funny thing is I totally drank the kool-aid at first. It was only when the mid-term rankings came out and scouts started to question him that I hopped on the Maker bandwagon. About A week before the draft I started hearing vets from CDC talking about this kid from Sweden named Petterson, and I thought they were all nuts. Well, I'm gladly still eating my humble pie.:goat:

22 hours ago, underrated said:

I agree with most of the people commenting saying I'd rather get the young assets from Toronto than Domi.  I'm fine with trading for Domi, but only if it's players like Baertschi, Hutton, Goldobin, etc going the other way.

I was about to suggest the same when I saw this.  TO seems to be the obvious match but they sure run things differently then they did since the Sundin days.  Before they'd already have made a pitch or two for Tanev.  And we'd have soaked them.  Now I don't think we will see much, a lot of GMs are saying they won't trade their future for now.  Maybe PIT would be up to something, or even WASH.  Would be great to trade and sign Carlsson long term, they are tight against the cap and might not be able to make room for him next season.  Tanev would be a cheap bandaid.

Archived