The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Third-graders Selling AR-15 Raffle Tickets in Missouri

nucklehead

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Insight? You need to learn how to have a conversation. 

Do you generally join a conversation and talk about a terrible event despite that not being the discussion at hand?  What does that event have to do with a gun being more powerful. Oh right... nothing.

again great contribution.  

it appears the gun was powerful enough

and stating as fact a gun description that ignores the harm it caused

when the gun manufacturer description is basically what you appear to be espousing

and when the only reason you even discuss this gun now is because of what in fact happened

is a tad insensitive

16 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

And people steal guns from ranges. Even when the doors are locked. 

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/8088291-firearms-stolen-from-gormley-gun-range-police-seeking-witnesses/

If the focus is to steal a semi auto or a hand gun, how do you target people that own those. Just keep breaking into homes and hoping you luck out. And then you got to figure out how to break open a persons gun safe. Or somehow steal something that bolted down from the inside. Without being able to get into the safe a person would have to basically burn down the house. 

Most gun safes are not bolted down.  Are they required to be ?  Why not ?

thieves have ripped them out  using all kinds of techniques 

u know that but u are being disingenous arent you. ? 

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

In BC at least they are required to be bolted down.

Are safes at a gun range different from safes in a home? Or are you saying that thieves/ criminals would be less inclined to target gun ranges because they are full of people with guns?

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You haven’t even seen or touched a gun safe haven’t you. Next time your in Alberta. I’ll give you 100$ if you are able to steal my safe which is bolted into my home foundation. 

Again why do you keep ignoring the logical questions?  How can someone target someone with a restricted firearm? I couldn’t even tell you what all firearms my relatives that I hunt with have, how is a stranger just supposed to:

a ) know that a person has that type of gun

b ) know where in the home to find it

c ) figure out how to steal/break into the safe. 

seems very unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

In BC at least they are required to be bolted down.

Are safes at a gun range different from safes in a home? Or are you saying that thieves/ criminals would be less inclined to target gun ranges because they are full of people with guns?

I am suggesting more condistent gun  storage compliance done at a range 

18 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

it appears the gun was powerful enough

The discussion wasnt about being powerful enough, it was about considering the ar 15 a powerful gun, which it’s not. 

and stating as fact a gun description that ignores the harm it caused

when the gun manufacturer description is basically what you appear to be espousing

and when the only reason you even discuss this gun now is because of what in fact happened

is a tad insensitive

Again this is all straw that has nothing to do with what was being discussed. A person is talking about a guns power and you bring up an event. 

it would be like two people discussion a penalty canucks took last game and if it was called right and you replying to it bringing up the the lion go trade.  

if you want to discuss firearm caliber by all means join the discussion. If not, then stop wasting my time. 

All handguns and non hunting rifles should be banned in Canada and in USA.

Have a few at a range for people that feel the need to partake.  Tax the hell out of ammunition and make it super expensive....

Hunting weapons should be legal though. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, Toews said:

Have you ever collected anything like hockey/baseball cards, anime cards (Pokemon/Yugioh) etc. This is no different. No citizen has any practical use for an AR-15 but gun nuts value their hobby over the lives of children. 

:lol:   So dramatic.  I think it's great idea.  If I lived out that way I'd definitely support the local youth sports and buy a bunch of tickets.  That would make 3 AR's for me.  'Murica, brah.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, kingofsurrey said:

If they are too  uncompromising to keep their guns safe at the range.... then do not allow them ownership.

New purchasers should be required to have their new weapons ( non hunting handguns and semi auto rifles.. )   shipped directly to the range for storage.. Not allowed out of the building.....

Only hunting weapons allowed for home storage.....

The 2nd Amendment was not put in place for hunting.  What your suggesting totally contradicts the meaning behind why it was put in place. 

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Great to see Adults maturing and realizing handguns and assault rifles are a waste of time....  and dangerous for society.

Great to see guns being destroyed...

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-43142323

People destroying/turning in their possessions because someone else used their possession for an evil purpose. 

Ok, then. 

I'm sure it made them feel better though to do something that will have zero effect.  To each their own, I guess.  As long as their "feels" are glowing with joy. 

Oh, and none of those rifles in the article were assault rifles.

2 hours ago, Bocivus said:

:lol:   So dramatic.  I think it's great idea.  If I lived out that way I'd definitely support the local youth sports and buy a bunch of tickets.  That would make 3 AR's for me.  'Murica, brah.

Good for you. I have no issues with how you decide to spend your money. You should think about moving, 'Murica sounds like a dream come true for you. I prefer a country with sensible gun laws but to each their own.

Archived