WalkWithElias

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just received my renewal email.  I can see the $200 credit + the 8 benefits you can choose from, but I don't see the free pair of tickets a couple of you are talking about.  Does anyone have a screenshot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, blizzblizz said:

Just received my renewal email.  I can see the $200 credit + the 8 benefits you can choose from, but I don't see the free pair of tickets a couple of you are talking about.  Does anyone have a screenshot?

2018.19 CANUCKS MEMBERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS
Membership Gift – choose one of the eight exciting new gift options, exclusively available for Full Season Ticket Members (select your gift now)
$200 Rogers Arena food & beverage gift card
Complimentary pair of tickets to a game next season
Your choice of special events and opportunities through the Custom Benefits Program
Entry into the Early Bird Prize Draw for a Canucks Road Trip, 5 private suite nights, and 5 team-signed jerseys (view contest rules)
No payment plan fees—a savings of up to $50 per seat
Early VIP pre-sale access to additional single game tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 8:49 AM, dsedinfan22 said:

i think march 8th is 

Just checked and mine said March 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All.  I just finished reading all of  last year's thread and paid my deposit for season tickets.  I wanted some opinions from other season ticket holders.   I am a fan who is happy to go to the non Marquee games on weekdays.   I estimate I will get to 1/4 of the games.   If I were to sell the other 3/4 tickets can I come close to breaking even.   When I say this I would not expect to get the games I am going to be paid for.  I would add the value of of an avearge season ticket to each game i attend to my tally.   I really enjoy being UD (307-309,322-324) lower rows.   Also do you even think any tickets would be available in these seats as I know I get last crack at choosing seats.  I think these average close to 100/ticket which is close to what I have been paying on stub hub to sit in these seats.   I really wouldn't even mind losing a little to support a team I have loved now for 30+ years.  I would value any of your fellow fans advice and knowledge on the subject of a new season ticket holder.  

Thank you all for your time and hope fully see some of you at an upcoming game.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than corporate who could go to 20 games or more? I love hockey but knowing we don't stand a chance most nights......

No really i watch almost every game on TV....really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Arkane said:

Hello All.  I just finished reading all of  last year's thread and paid my deposit for season tickets.  I wanted some opinions from other season ticket holders.   I am a fan who is happy to go to the non Marquee games on weekdays.   I estimate I will get to 1/4 of the games.   If I were to sell the other 3/4 tickets can I come close to breaking even.   When I say this I would not expect to get the games I am going to be paid for.  I would add the value of of an avearge season ticket to each game i attend to my tally.   I really enjoy being UD (307-309,322-324) lower rows.   Also do you even think any tickets would be available in these seats as I know I get last crack at choosing seats.  I think these average close to 100/ticket which is close to what I have been paying on stub hub to sit in these seats.   I really wouldn't even mind losing a little to support a team I have loved now for 30+ years.  I would value any of your fellow fans advice and knowledge on the subject of a new season ticket holder.  

Thank you all for your time and hope fully see some of you at an upcoming game.

 

Hi Arkane, Welcome to the forum and congrats on being a new season ticket holder. Some members here know a lot more than I do about this topic so let's wait and see what they have to say but I believe that it's hard to break even unless you buy UB4 or maybe UB3. I don't see breaking even if you pay $100 per ticket for UB seating but I could be wrong. Maybe by going to the non marquee games on weekdays and selling the weekends' and big games will do the job though. To answer your other question, I am pretty confident that there is availability literally everywhere so I believe that you will be able to get seats in your preferred sections without any problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arkane said:

Hello All.  I just finished reading all of  last year's thread and paid my deposit for season tickets.  I wanted some opinions from other season ticket holders.   I am a fan who is happy to go to the non Marquee games on weekdays.   I estimate I will get to 1/4 of the games.   If I were to sell the other 3/4 tickets can I come close to breaking even.   When I say this I would not expect to get the games I am going to be paid for.  I would add the value of of an avearge season ticket to each game i attend to my tally.   I really enjoy being UD (307-309,322-324) lower rows.   Also do you even think any tickets would be available in these seats as I know I get last crack at choosing seats.  I think these average close to 100/ticket which is close to what I have been paying on stub hub to sit in these seats.   I really wouldn't even mind losing a little to support a team I have loved now for 30+ years.  I would value any of your fellow fans advice and knowledge on the subject of a new season ticket holder.  

Thank you all for your time and hope fully see some of you at an upcoming game.

 

Unless the team makes roster changes that really excite people....or the team is back as a playoff team.  I don't think your plan would work in UB1.  Even if you are selling all the good games and going to the commons.  In UB3 or UB4 it should be fine.  Selling tickets is a bit of an art too.  

 

But if you plan to be a STH awhile and enjoy sitting in UB1, then if you can find row 2-4 in those section, then might be a good time to grab them.  There will be plenty of row 6-8 available I would assume.

 

2 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

Other than corporate who could go to 20 games or more? I love hockey but knowing we don't stand a chance most nights......

No really i watch almost every game on TV....really

A very small percentage of STHs go to more than 20 games in person.  Over half, sell over half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in section 307 row 10 last year and found selling tickets was fairly easy but I got 3-4 buyers who each took a small package of games from me early in the year and I was set after that.  I am row 3 upper bowl now below the sports bar and I prefer those seats to be honest and really like the lower section of the upper bowl for views.  Congrats on joining as a season ticket member I think you'll find the perks are pretty solid right now for STH's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Unless the team makes roster changes that really excite people....or the team is back as a playoff team.  I don't think your plan would work in UB1.  Even if you are selling all the good games and going to the commons.  In UB3 or UB4 it should be fine.  Selling tickets is a bit of an art too.  

 

But if you plan to be a STH awhile and enjoy sitting in UB1, then if you can find row 2-4 in those section, then might be a good time to grab them.  There will be plenty of row 6-8 available I would assume.

 

A very small percentage of STHs go to more than 20 games in person.  Over half, sell over half.

i go to roughly 20-25 games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 8:19 AM, Arkane said:

Hello All.  I just finished reading all of  last year's thread and paid my deposit for season tickets.  I wanted some opinions from other season ticket holders.   I am a fan who is happy to go to the non Marquee games on weekdays.   I estimate I will get to 1/4 of the games.   If I were to sell the other 3/4 tickets can I come close to breaking even.   When I say this I would not expect to get the games I am going to be paid for.  I would add the value of of an avearge season ticket to each game i attend to my tally.   I really enjoy being UD (307-309,322-324) lower rows.   Also do you even think any tickets would be available in these seats as I know I get last crack at choosing seats.  I think these average close to 100/ticket which is close to what I have been paying on stub hub to sit in these seats.   I really wouldn't even mind losing a little to support a team I have loved now for 30+ years.  I would value any of your fellow fans advice and knowledge on the subject of a new season ticket holder.  

Thank you all for your time and hope fully see some of you at an upcoming game.

 

In my opinion, unfortunately you won't be able to break even the other 75% of the tickets that you are planning to sell , not for the UB1 seats.     Personally I would take some UB4, or maybe good UB3 seats if you are concerned with breaking even.  Otherwise there is a high chance you will be in for a lost if you take the UB1. 

 

Even if it's a Marquee game on a weekend, it doesn't necessarily mean you can get good $ for that particular game.  For Ub1, I  think  You are guaranteed to make (good) profits on the leafs game , unfortunately they are only in town once a year... The Boston game for the Chinese new year weekend was a sleeper and sold really well, as well as the games over the holidays.   But other than that, there are not much other marquee games that I can say you can safely break-even or even make a little profit, for UB1.  I remember the Penguins game and Habs game were brutal this year in terms of resale.    As others have mentioned, there will be no holiday games next season due to the World Juniors, so we are missing out on the opportunity for some holiday ticket sales.

 

Having said that, There is also an opportunity to trade games throughout the season, you might want to use that to get rid of games that are more difficult to sell, in favor of games that are more popular and higher in demand.  You can do that online via the Season members portal.  I find that tool to be extremely flexible and helped me break even my pair of UB4 this year.  I think they gave us unlimited trades this year but i believe in the past years they capped the trade amount.  Not sure what they will do for next season.

 

 

 

 

Edited by bt116

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 8:29 AM, mikeyman109 said:

Other than corporate who could go to 20 games or more? I love hockey but knowing we don't stand a chance most nights......

No really i watch almost every game on TV....really

I go to over half the games every year, sometimes even going solo.  

 

Yes, we don't stand a chance most nights but i just love attending sporting events.  Don't forget you can to see the superstar players of the other teams as well.

 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just renewed..  not sure what gift to take yet so I pick at the later date.. either free tickets or $150 gc at Rogers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Just renewed..  not sure what gift to take yet so I pick at the later date.. either free tickets or $150 gc at Rogers 

I am still deciding between the jersey or the extra credit.

 

Does anyone know if you can buy whatever you like at the team store with the credit?

I know some people used it for Jersey customization...but can it be used for sale items?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

I am still deciding between the jersey or the extra credit.

 

Does anyone know if you can buy whatever you like at the team store with the credit?

I know some people used it for Jersey customization...but can it be used for sale items?

I used mine at the team store..   weird they didn’t mention anything about that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminder....NHL Seattle starts taking deposits Thursday morning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member