The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

18 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

My kids are 1 and 3 years old and I just signed them up to season ticket holders with one full season ticket in each of their names. I figured by the time they are my age they will be 30 plus year season ticket holder and it's something that will follow them the rest of their life. If you have kids you might want to think about doing the same thing or even if you have nephews. Rogers Arena isn't getting any bigger there's only ever going to be about 19,000 seats maximum but the population of Vancouver is going to keep going up and once the Canucks get good again tickets will be almost impossible to find for a reasonable price. I wish my parents have done that when I was one years old

That is such a smart idea and now is the time to do it if you can afford to.

Something that I may look into in the near future.

I got a call from my new account rep on Friday actually just to introduce himself and check-in on my experience from the first few games of the season.  I`ve always had respectful, open conversations with my reps since I became a STH and I provided some honest feedback on the changes so far this year.  Depending on who your old rep was it is possible you may be getting a similar introduction type call in the next few days as they work their way through their list of customers.

On 2018-10-17 at 8:52 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

My kids are 1 and 3 years old and I just signed them up to season ticket holders with one full season ticket in each of their names. I figured by the time they are my age they will be 30 plus year season ticket holder and it's something that will follow them the rest of their life. If you have kids you might want to think about doing the same thing or even if you have nephews. Rogers Arena isn't getting any bigger there's only ever going to be about 19,000 seats maximum but the population of Vancouver is going to keep going up and once the Canucks get good again tickets will be almost impossible to find for a reasonable price. I wish my parents have done that when I was one years old

I would love to do that down the road but the only thing holding me back from getting seasons at this point is not being able to make every game. 

How big of a hassle is it to sell off tickets for games you can't go to? Are you able to break even during these "leaner" years?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

30 minutes ago, kazin! said:

I would love to do that down the road but the only thing holding me back from getting seasons at this point is not being able to make every game. 

How big of a hassle is it to sell off tickets for games you can't go to? Are you able to break even during these "leaner" years?

The weekday games are really difficult to 'break even'.  Just look at the prices for tomorrow's game against the Blackhawks.  Who would have thought the ticket prices would get this low for a Canucks Blackhakws game?  I was really hoping the demand would ramp up after the magical game by EP last night.

10 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

its hard to get a hold of my account rep, its good i know other ones i can talk too

Sounds like maybe you need a new account rep lol

I am actually quite happy with my rep.  He usually responds to my emails within an hour or two.

10 minutes ago, bt116 said:

The weekday games are really difficult to 'break even'.  Just look at the prices for tomorrow's game against the Blackhawks.  Who would have thought the ticket prices would get this low for a Canucks Blackhakws game?  I was really hoping the demand would ramp up after the magical game by EP last night.

Where are you looking?

On 10/26/2018 at 10:26 PM, dsedinfan22 said:

i wonder when we will get our 

• Complimentary pair of tickets to a game next season

for renewing our ticket packages

I wonder if we will get  a list of games to pick from for this...

I am expecting to get the 'Ultimate Fan pack' in the mail sometime this week.  I picked that as my membership gift for this season.  Not sure if anyone else here picked that gift.  We were given a bunch of games to pick from and I picked the Saturday night Dallas game.

5 hours ago, bt116 said:

I wonder if we will get  a list of games to pick from for this...

I am expecting to get the 'Ultimate Fan pack' in the mail sometime this week.  I picked that as my membership gift for this season.  Not sure if anyone else here picked that gift.  We were given a bunch of games to pick from and I picked the Saturday night Dallas game.

I picked this as well , I picked the islanders game in February 

17 hours ago, kazin! said:

With the perks added from the Canucks, it's not super hard to break even. The lowest priced season ticket is $1900 a year. The Canucks include a $200 free gift card, plus another gift of your choice (I chose $150 gift card). So right off the bat, you can get a $350 canucks gift card per account. You may also win other prizes like free complimentary tickets to games or other perks. From there, selling tickets can be a challenge but you can swap out games via trade exchange to try and maximize profit.

All that being said, no one is breaking even after "time" is considered. It takes time to list tickets, sell them, price them, upload PDF's etc. But if you don't mind doing that stuff in your spare time then I'd say it's worth it. Once the Canucks take off and become a good team it will be worth it, everyone will want your tickets :)

10 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

With the perks added from the Canucks, it's not super hard to break even. The lowest priced season ticket is $1900 a year. The Canucks include a $200 free gift card, plus another gift of your choice (I chose $150 gift card). So right off the bat, you can get a $350 canucks gift card per account. You may also win other prizes like free complimentary tickets to games or other perks. From there, selling tickets can be a challenge but you can swap out games via trade exchange to try and maximize profit.

All that being said, no one is breaking even after "time" is considered. It takes time to list tickets, sell them, price them, upload PDF's etc. But if you don't mind doing that stuff in your spare time then I'd say it's worth it. Once the Canucks take off and become a good team it will be worth it, everyone will want your tickets :)

Agreed.

Ticket exchange is an extremely useful (and perhaps underrated) feature. If you want to break even, make sure you utilize this tool.   It was difficult to find tickets to exchange earlier this season but I kept looking and did managed to exchange a bunch of games.  They have a  limit where you can only exchange 5 games a year but it appears that's only a 'soft' limit.   

And as stated before the weekday games are a pain in the ass to sell off so make sure you read the schedule and get rid of the weekday tickets that you don't plan to use well ahead of time (or exchange them).  I got burnt on the Washington and Chicago game because i somewhat mismanaged my tickets.

I've been lucky enough to sell all of my games so far this season except yesterday's.

As that was the first time I got to watch EP40 live and in person, I don't think we are going to have to wait too much longer for tickets to become 'in demand' again.  

The arena just seems to get electric anytime he gets the puck.  Looking forward to going again on Friday.

I was quite disappointed by the number of empty seats last night for a game against Chicago. I don't know what people are waiting for before supporting the team. Tickets were available at a very low price. I sold my pair of UB4 defensive zone for way below face value. I didn't need them because I had the 4 seats of the company where I work.

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

I was quite disappointed by the number of empty seats last night for a game against Chicago. I don't know what people are waiting for before supporting the team. Tickets were available at a very low price. I sold my pair of UB4 defensive zone for way below face value. I didn't need them because I had the 4 seats of the company where I work.

Pretty sure It has something to do with the game being on Halloween.  Having said that i am still quite surprised by the low prices last night.  Tickets were dirt cheap.

Seems to be pretty decent demand going for tomorrow against Colorado though. 

Archived