The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Reminder....NHL Seattle starts taking deposits Thursday morning.  

I wonder if it will be $500 deposit total, or a $500 deposit per seat. If it is per ticket (which I assume it is) then that's quite a bit of money to have tied up for 3-4 years. US dollars too. So if you wanted 8 tickets it would be like $5,000 tied up. They are saying they hope to have the team ready for the 2020-21 season, but that sure seems optimistic to me. Might not be until 2021-22. Not sure if I will go for it or not. I regret not getting Vegas tickets obviously, they are a huge hit. Seattle could be a huge flop though, no guarantee of same success as Vegas. Also, Vegas could be a huge flop next year (and for 10 years in a row). I think they might just be having a "prove everyone wrong" year and next year it might not be so bright in vegas. Who knows.

The canucks road game viewing party event this was quite disappointing. They need to bring back the captain’s room option again. I could have just gone to the sportsbar and paid money to have a full menu. Wasn’t that impressed this season.

The food was a bit cold, and the servers couldnt remember who ordered what off the menu, was quite disorganized. And i didnt feel like i was really treated to an experience, i wonder if they’ll bring back the scotiabank captains room option for future seasons?

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I wonder if it will be $500 deposit total, or a $500 deposit per seat. If it is per ticket (which I assume it is) then that's quite a bit of money to have tied up for 3-4 years. US dollars too. So if you wanted 8 tickets it would be like $5,000 tied up. They are saying they hope to have the team ready for the 2020-21 season, but that sure seems optimistic to me. Might not be until 2021-22. Not sure if I will go for it or not. I regret not getting Vegas tickets obviously, they are a huge hit. Seattle could be a huge flop though, no guarantee of same success as Vegas. Also, Vegas could be a huge flop next year (and for 10 years in a row). I think they might just be having a "prove everyone wrong" year and next year it might not be so bright in vegas. Who knows.

Yeah it's per seat for sure.  I find it a little shady they mention a credit card processing fee.....when they have no alternative method of payment.

But I think the high price might make people who were thinking 4 take 2 instead.  And a lot of the people who can afford to have $4000 just sitting with them for 3 years, are probably the wealthy lower bowl crowd.  Not many upper bowl type people will be getting 4-8 in a row.  Might be in high demand for weekend games.

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Yeah it's per seat for sure.  I find it a little shady they mention a credit card processing fee.....when they have no alternative method of payment.

But I think the high price might make people who were thinking 4 take 2 instead.  And a lot of the people who can afford to have $4000 just sitting with them for 3 years, are probably the wealthy lower bowl crowd.  Not many upper bowl type people will be getting 4-8 in a row.  Might be in high demand for weekend games.

Yep. They don't even have a team yet and they are already charging a credit card processing fee. That says a lot. My concern is pretty simple... I think that if they max out the wait list pretty quick (quicker than vegas) and they see how successful Vegas has been, the ticket prices will be sky high. I could see $55-60 minimum for upper bowl tickets. That's US dollars. It's a huge gamble because Seattle has no use for losers (much like Vancouver). If the team fails to reach the same level of success as Vegas, I imagine ticket sales will be really poor. Just a hunch. Either way, I am out. I won't be putting a deposit down for tickets. Just too long to have money tied up, not a big fan of that. Free $10 million dollar loan for them.

40 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Yep. They don't even have a team yet and they are already charging a credit card processing fee. That says a lot. My concern is pretty simple... I think that if they max out the wait list pretty quick (quicker than vegas) and they see how successful Vegas has been, the ticket prices will be sky high. I could see $55-60 minimum for upper bowl tickets. That's US dollars. It's a huge gamble because Seattle has no use for losers (much like Vancouver). If the team fails to reach the same level of success as Vegas, I imagine ticket sales will be really poor. Just a hunch. Either way, I am out. I won't be putting a deposit down for tickets. Just too long to have money tied up, not a big fan of that. Free $10 million dollar loan for them.

I am starting to lean to 2 tickets.  That way you still get all their free gifts, hopefully a chance to purchase some extra seats to their first game, NYE around that part of town is cool too.

I think the 10,000 tickets are going to go really fast.  I hope they don't limit it to WA residents.

Thanks but no thanks for me. We would know by now If Seattle was a great hockey city. True Las Vegas is having a fantastic first season. Let's talk after 5 seasons once the team goes back to normal. True that with millions of tourists the market might be still good but they will still fall second behind the Raiders (At least from October to December) once they move there in a couple of years. I'll be the first in line to buy seasons when the NBA returns to Seattle though.

My buddy in Seattle was able to call them.

If you leave 4 deposits, you can just get 2 seats when the time comes.  But not vice versa.

If you leave deposits for clubs, you can get normal seats when the time comes.

There are expecting clubs to sell out very very fast.

The website says refunds if they don't get a team, or if you don't pick seats.

But she told him, you will be able to get a refund whenever.  (Guess this is what the processing fee is for)

She also said that if something unexpected happens....like they only sell 2000 deposits of the 10000.  They would just refund it.

They have been getting hundreds of calls this week and even more emails.

8 hours ago, BCNeil said:

My buddy in Seattle was able to call them.

If you leave 4 deposits, you can just get 2 seats when the time comes.  But not vice versa.

If you leave deposits for clubs, you can get normal seats when the time comes.

There are expecting clubs to sell out very very fast.

The website says refunds if they don't get a team, or if you don't pick seats.

But she told him, you will be able to get a refund whenever.  (Guess this is what the processing fee is for)

She also said that if something unexpected happens....like they only sell 2000 deposits of the 10000.  They would just refund it.

They have been getting hundreds of calls this week and even more emails.

I expect demand to be EXTREMELY HIGH. I expect them to sell out all the deposits much quicker than Las Vegas. The headlines will look good, but it will actually be detrimental if that happens because Seattle owners will get arrogant and think they can charge any price they want for tickets. So they will charge way more than Las Vegas did. It could be 2x the price of Canucks tickets. For instance Canucks tickets, cheapest is around $45 per ticket. Seattle could very well charge $70 US for cheapest seats, which would be $90 CDN per ticket. I guess the prudent thing to do would be to put a deposit down for 2 tickets, and then see what the prices are. Since you can always back out it's pretty much risk free but I kind of have a feeling I already know how high the prices will be.

10 minutes ago, thepress83 said:

I'm going to try to put down a deposit for a pair of tickets I think, worst case when prices are released I can get a refund.

Yeah.  I am going for a pair too.  I will try to get cheap seats too.  Worst case, I lose a few hundred dollars in bad years.

But I know if I don't grab a pair I will be kicking myself.  Someday there will be a Vancouver vs Seattle playoff matchup.....maybe they happen a few times.

1 minute ago, thepress83 said:

The site screwed me over a few times, timing out etc. I went from AR 14 to AR37 and finally AR48 when I was able to check out.  $1,028.30 later I'm now a STH

I have AR31.  I am not sure if that number has any meaning, because if I go back now for 2 more tickets it says AR38.

See they also have a ticket limit of 50.  Sounds like they are going to be reseller friendly.  As very few people have a family that large.  

10 minutes ago, Tortorella’Rebuild said:

Hey guys, had a quick question. Was thinking about picking up a lower bowl 11 game ice pack for the 2018-19 Nucks season once they become available. Anyone have any idea how much they will be priced at. More or less than last year? Thanks. 

There was no increase for full season tickets next season so I would imagine that ice packs are staying the same as well.  I would give the Canucks a call to see if you can buy one now or when they will be released for next year. 

17 minutes ago, Tortorella’Rebuild said:

Hey guys, had a quick question. Was thinking about picking up a lower bowl 11 game ice pack for the 2018-19 Nucks season once they become available. Anyone have any idea how much they will be priced at. More or less than last year? Thanks. 

i attached next years ice pack prices for lower bowl

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.59.00 AM.png

1 hour ago, yippykyeh said:

i picked up a pair non club.  lucky to get in quick.  rec'd  my confirmation email at 10:01am.  I dont think AR numbers means anything, I was AR20.  

Clubs are gone. Regular seats are in AR59 or AR60 now.  Maybe they do mean something.  Looks like you will get a really good priority number.

Edit people in Seattle say your order number/confirmation number shows your place in line.  

Archived