The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

24 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

This early December minnesota game on a Tuesday is brutal. Cant give those tickets away, certainly not now with the losing streak. I should have traded those ones.

I sold mine 2 weeks ago on ticketexchange for the minimum allowed which is face value. I'm losing only the 5% commission. I'm tired of this losing streak. I wished that we would see some improvement this season results wise. It's pretty much the same crap. 11 loses in the last 12 games.  Geez....

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Looks like Canucks removed ability to exchange tickets. I can't exchange anymore. I have probably exchange about 10 games (which is more than the "limit") so I am assuming that is why they cut me off. Is everyone else the same?

They cut me off too.  I have done more exchanges than you so i am not surprised they cut me off

23 minutes ago, bt116 said:

The losing streak is brutal.  The demand for todays Dallas game literally plumetted right after the Vegas game.  I think we are in for a rough ride unless we string some wins together. 

Don’t think wins will help too much..  other than the oilers xmas game, Toronto and those 2 flames hockey night in Canada game, lucky u can break even on all the other games.. 

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Looks like Canucks removed ability to exchange tickets. I can't exchange anymore. I have probably exchange about 10 games (which is more than the "limit") so I am assuming that is why they cut me off. Is everyone else the same?

i still have an option to exchage

5 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I think minny game tommorow night will be seeing free tickets left on peoples windshields like the old pacific coloseum days

I am glad i traded mine away as well as the Nashville game.

Might as well just donate it away so some kids can attend the game.

12 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Look at the blocks of seats available at Ticketmaster for tomorrows game.  I’m guessing most ppl trade their away too 

Aye. It's the perfect storm. Minnesota is the lowest selling team that comes through, combined with the lowest selling day of the week (Tuesday), combined with the fact we have 1 win in the last 12 games, combined with the fact that many people probably traded it away.

For comparison, the Minnesota game on October 29th, 2018 (Monday) had an attendance of 16,546. I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrow night's attendance in the 15,000's. I don't think we have cracked the 14,000's for a single game attendance since 2001. And remember, these are paid tickets we are talking about, not actual physical attendance. Chances are at least 1500 or 2000 people won't even go, meaning there should be about 1/3 empty seats in the arena.

11 hours ago, bt116 said:

Just spotted some Ub4 offensive zone available for the leafs game, in case you guys are interested for trading.

Too bad I already used up all my trades or i would trade away my Jets tickets

I noticed that too. The leafs game is looking like the hottest ticket in town. I sold my Jets tickets already anyways. And I'm out of trades. Oh well. I wish those had been available during the 40% cyber monday.

8 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I noticed that too. The leafs game is looking like the hottest ticket in town. I sold my Jets tickets already anyways. And I'm out of trades. Oh well. I wish those had been available during the 40% cyber monday.

Wonder how many people actually bought tickets during the cyber Monday 40% offer

I couldn't get $12 for my tickets to last nights game and didn't go due to work/other commitments.  I'm seriously considering if I should not renew for next season based on the demand for games I can't go to.  I don't expect to make a profit on tickets but I won't give them away either and wasting them seems silly to me.

I had sold my tickets for last night but I still went to the game because nobody else was interested in using the company's club seats and they were going to be wasted. I was expecting way more empty seats. It was not that bad actually. I spent most of my life in Montreal. I'm always surprised by how passive the crowd is here. After several seasons of non-playoffs and 12 losses in 13 games the crowd in Montreal would be booing the players like crazy just to show their displeasure. I know that the players hate that and some won't play in Montreal just because of that but I sense that some of the Canucks players are WAY too comfortable (for my liking). No urgency at all. If they don't get any pressure from their coach or the crowd, I believe that it can trigger a bit of laziness and the extra effort is definitely lacking. 

Anyhow It was a boring game. I didn't enjoy it much. I'm glad that I didn't pay a dime just to witness that $&!# show.

Getting to be a real challenge to break even on ticket sales this year.

Take so much time and effort to shuffle tickets and games around as well as properly pricing the tickets to get a decent payout.

I pretty much just sell on Stubhub.  I can't seem to sell anything on TicketExchange (Although i have tried) and Craigslist just doesn't work for me.

Thankfully I am still in the black  but not sure how long this can last the way the season is going.

5 hours ago, bt116 said:

Take so much time and effort to shuffle tickets and games around as well as properly pricing the tickets to get a decent payout.

I pretty much just sell on Stubhub.  I can't seem to sell anything on TicketExchange (Although i have tried) and Craigslist just doesn't work for me.

Thankfully I am still in the black  but not sure how long this can last the way the season is going.

ive made a 1/4 back on ticket exchange so far 

20 hours ago, Curt said:

I had sold my tickets for last night but I still went to the game because nobody else was interested in using the company's club seats and they were going to be wasted. I was expecting way more empty seats. It was not that bad actually. I spent most of my life in Montreal. I'm always surprised by how passive the crowd is here. After several seasons of non-playoffs and 12 losses in 13 games the crowd in Montreal would be booing the players like crazy just to show their displeasure. I know that the players hate that and some won't play in Montreal just because of that but I sense that some of the Canucks players are WAY too comfortable (for my liking). No urgency at all. If they don't get any pressure from their coach or the crowd, I believe that it can trigger a bit of laziness and the extra effort is definitely lacking. 

Anyhow It was a boring game. I didn't enjoy it much. I'm glad that I didn't pay a dime just to witness that $&!# show.

Apparently the attendance was 17,122 (paid tickets) which is like 91%. That is surprising to me - it beat out the Minnesota game in October.

17 hours ago, bt116 said:

That's the thing - the time consumed. You say you are "still in the black" but if you factored in your time spent doing it and applied minimum wage to it you'd probably not be in the black anymore. I look at this mostly as a hobby now, some weird hobby. But really I am just making stubhub (ebay) richer because they are the only ones making any money. I wish there was a secure way for STH's to sell to fans for a small fee, like 5%. Not craigslist though. I am the same way, I can't sell anything Ticketexchange.

Looks like tonight's Nashville game is going to be another big loser tickets are like $14 on stubhub. I did trade that one away early luckily.

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

That's the thing - the time consumed. You say you are "still in the black" but if you factored in your time spent doing it and applied minimum wage to it you'd probably not be in the black anymore. I look at this mostly as a hobby now, some weird hobby. But really I am just making stubhub (ebay) richer because they are the only ones making any money. I wish there was a secure way for STH's to sell to fans for a small fee, like 5%. Not craigslist though. I am the same way, I can't sell anything Ticketexchange.

Looks like tonight's Nashville game is going to be another big loser tickets are like $14 on stubhub. I did trade that one away early luckily.

Agreed.  It is a hobby for me too.  I do all this in my spare time, down time at work etc....  I like how we can monitor how much all tickets got sold for in Stubhub, and you can totally see the ticket trend developing....its pretty neat.

Looks like we will see some tickets listed for $6 minimum again  on stubhub tonight, just like how it was on Tuesday night...

Fully agree with you guys that we have to see this as a hobby. I will be done with my seasons the day that I will consider all that as a chore. I'm definitely not doing all this just for the very few bucks that I'm making at the end or for the benefits. My time is not worth the little that I get in exchange. I enjoy it period.

One important thing for me though is that for keeping me as a season ticket holder this team will need to start getting some results. It's nice to have Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson but if the team keeps losing there is no point. I'm sorry but we are not only 2-3 players from being a good competitive team. I'm afraid that these young studs will eventually get tired of losing and find their way out. I totally get that we need to support the team during the bad and during the good years but I want to see at some point a little improvement results wise. We are getting the same results for the 4th year in a row and I don't see right now why anything would change for year #5. The fans are sitting on their hands, expecting to lose, the players don't put the extra effort, the goalies are bad, the defense is weak, the penalty killing is soft. I don't see any fire in Travis Green. Thank God we have some talented young forwards at least....

Archived