The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

Did anyone notice something different on Stubhub.  Maybe it's been there awhile and I am just dumb.

You have the option to upload pdf or mobile transfer.  They send you the buyers email for you to transfer ticket from your account.

19 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Did anyone notice something different on Stubhub.  Maybe it's been there awhile and I am just dumb.

You have the option to upload pdf or mobile transfer.  They send you the buyers email for you to transfer ticket from your account.

Thats surprising usually stubhub protects their buyers information very closely. It is why they are moving away from UPS (which exposes buyers address) and try and encourage instant download. So they actually reveal the buyers email address?

59 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Thats surprising usually stubhub protects their buyers information very closely. It is why they are moving away from UPS (which exposes buyers address) and try and encourage instant download. So they actually reveal the buyers email address?

Looks like most teams are not using paper tickets anymore...looks like pdf files might be on the way out too?

I like it.  One thing I always worried about when I use stubhub, is people can print as many copies of the pdf file they want.

I think with mobile transfer, stuff like that can't really happen.  Safer for sellers?

Probably safer for the buyer too, as they won't get bad pdf files either.

I know neither situations happen that often.

I don't know how they plan to stop people, from letting the buyer know to feel free to email them directly if they see the same tickets listed for other games.

This is big for places like Edmonton, where they don't allow you to print till 48 hours.  So on stubhub you have to remember to upload tickets right before the game, and you don't get paid till then either.  With mobile you can still transfer right away and get paid right away.  I sold all my Oiler tickets already so can't check 

On 3/15/2018 at 9:17 PM, BCNeil said:

Just posted something there and I notice it too.....I think it's been there for a while.

And pretty sure it's an anonymous email that they will provide you (Similar to how Craigslist does it).  I don't see how they will give out the buyers real email.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, BCNeil said:

I don't know how they plan to stop people, from letting the buyer know to feel free to email them directly if they see the same tickets listed for other games.

Probably the same way ebay does it (after all, stubhub is owned by ebay). They will probably tell the buyer in the email that no personal info should be exchanged and no transaction can be done outside of stubhub. They will also probably create some mechanism by which a buyer can "report" a seller if they solicit them.

What I don't get is why they need to give you the sellers direct email anyways? Why can't they mask it? It's easy to do... craigslist does it. They just need to create a fake temporary address and it would mask the buyers real email address. I don't fully understand it though, Ive never used mobile barcode before.

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I have confirmed you can use your $200 food voucher to purchase anything you want at the team store.

I used it against another jersey this morning.  

And the remaining amount expires at the end of the season.  Make sure everyone uses their cards up.

21 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

do you also get 20% off on top of it? As per usual? Any good deals in the team store?

Yep.  20% off applies.  Jersey is $198.  After discount and tax $177.  

No good deals.  They have lots of game used sticks for sale starting at $125.

got called by canucks if im interested in adding more tickets to my account (i checked i might be interested)... but probably better off getting my friend to sign up (since can get all the benefits)..  u buy 2 tickets or 6 tickets, u get the same benefits..

48 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

got called by canucks if im interested in adding more tickets to my account (i checked i might be interested)... but probably better off getting my friend to sign up (since can get all the benefits)..  u buy 2 tickets or 6 tickets, u get the same benefits..

Wow. Takes a lot of balls to call a season ticket holder and ask them if they want to add more tickets to their account when the team is about to finish last place in the conference.

Speaking of tickets... I am finding that the market for the final 5 home games of the year is pretty darn good. I sold my Columbus tickets for a very good price. That is amazing considering the Canucks are playing so poorly and have no playoff prospects. People are actually showing up to just enjoy a hockey game and that bodes very well for the team. You can tell there is a shift happening right now in the Canucks fanbase very similar to the one that happened around 2000-2001. True fans are coming out and the arena experience is improving. If this team takes off next year, or the year after, it will be a fun few years (like it was between 2001-2007) before the corporate suits show up and buy up all the seats.

6 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Speaking of tickets... I am finding that the market for the final 5 home games of the year is pretty darn good. I sold my Columbus tickets for a very good price. That is amazing considering the Canucks are playing so poorly and have no playoff prospects. People are actually showing up to just enjoy a hockey game and that bodes very well for the team. You can tell there is a shift happening right now in the Canucks fanbase very similar to the one that happened around 2000-2001. True fans are coming out and the arena experience is improving. If this team takes off next year, or the year after, it will be a fun few years (like it was between 2001-2007) before the corporate suits show up and buy up all the seats.

not surprise at the Columbus game, spring break and long weekend and early starts.. kids can go and still have a whole day ahead..  shock we only have 1 Sunday home game all season..   love the early starts on Sunday.  

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

1 hour ago, jovocop55 said:

not surprise at the Columbus game, spring break and long weekend and early starts.. kids can go and still have a whole day ahead..  shock we only have 1 Sunday home game all season..   love the early starts on Sunday.  

I think the Arizona game too will sell well.  Demand is slowly building up for that game as it can be the Sedins final home game

The bobblehead giveaway for the Anaheim game and Vegas game will make those games to be in demand

Don't forget Adam Gaudette might suit up the Canucks (if they sign him).  In that case the demand will be even higher

18 hours ago, bt116 said:

I think the Arizona game too will sell well.  Demand is slowly building up for that game as it can be the Sedins final home game

The bobblehead giveaway for the Anaheim game and Vegas game will make those games to be in demand

Don't forget Adam Gaudette might suit up the Canucks (if they sign him).  In that case the demand will be even higher

Tickets to the Anaheim game tomorrow just blew up. Really going up in price fast. Must be the bobbleheads.

47 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Tickets to the Anaheim game tomorrow just blew up. Really going up in price fast. Must be the bobbleheads.

For the rest of the season I plan to wait till the last couple days before I list anything.

No reason the Vegas game shouldn't equal the Duck game.  I'd rather go the the Knights game.

I exchanged some of the regular games earlier in the season for the last 3 game just in case they retired.

You going to add seats this year, or wait another year?

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

15 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

For the rest of the season I plan to wait till the last couple days before I list anything.

No reason the Vegas game shouldn't equal the Duck game.  I'd rather go the the Knights game.

i think the main thing is the spring break, i know lots of co workers and friends are bring their kids to a game or 2 this week..  when they never bring them on a weekday..  of course bobblehead helps too..

Archived