The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I checked earlier, because last year it started early (at midnight) even though there was seniority times. I exchanged a couple of games. The Leafs game definitely seems to be highest in demand, not much left there, I think it will be sold out pretty quick.

Ya same thing happen last year too.  I guess they don’t bother assign different times for each STH.  

2 hours ago, Curt said:

You guys do what you want with this info but I was told that the Sedin's will get their jerseys retired on December 15 & 16. Unfortunately, I already sold my tickets. I have no proof and don't quote me on this. :)

if thats true then my prediction i made months ago is pretty legendary . i hope your source isnt me though lol.

48 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

if thats true then my prediction i made months ago is pretty legendary . i hope your source isnt me though lol.

No it's an employee of an NHL team. He's not working for Vancouver, Montreal or the 2 teams facing the Canucks that week-end.

41 minutes ago, dsedinfan22 said:

Canucks vs oilers / flyers that weekend 

Not a big deal to say which team it is. He works for the Florida Panthers but he's aware of the special activities in the league and heard that something really special is happening in Vancouver during that weekend. He can't think of anything else than the Sedins. That's all I know. I though that members here would find that info useful but please don't wait the last minute before getting rid of your tickets if nothing is confirmed in the next few weeks or so.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Not a big deal to say which team it is. He works for the Florida Panthers but he's aware of the special activities in the league and heard that something really special is happening in Vancouver during that weekend. He can't think of anything else than the Sedins. That's all I know. I though that members here would find that info useful but please don't wait the last minute before getting rid of your tickets if nothing is confirmed in the next few weeks or so.

Honestly, it could be anything. The B2B Sat/Sun homes games in Vancouver have always traditionally been used for something special. I could see the Canucks making it "Fan Appreciation Weekend" or something and offering free food and games and prizes and so forth. Lots of "special activities" going on.

The only thing I will say, to add speculation to this further, is that originally, the Philadelphia game on December 15th was scheduled to be a "Marquee" game, but the Edmonton game on the 16th was only scheduled to be a "Regular Plus" game. There is really no reason why the Philly game was a marquee game... no reason whatsoever... So my thought is that the Philly game is when the Canucks were going to retire the Sedins jerseys (both of them). Then, at some point, they decided this wasn't the way to go, and so they changed the Philly game to a Premium game (dropped it by 1) and increased the Edmonton game to a Premium too (raised by 1) which then led me to speculate that they might be dividing the retirement ceremony into two nights - Henrik on Saturday (Philly) and Daniel on Sunday (Edmonton)........ or that they simply dropped the plan entirely and will retire the Sedins next year.

4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Honestly, it could be anything. The B2B Sat/Sun homes games in Vancouver have always traditionally been used for something special. I could see the Canucks making it "Fan Appreciation Weekend" or something and offering free food and games and prizes and so forth. Lots of "special activities" going on.

The only thing I will say, to add speculation to this further, is that originally, the Philadelphia game on December 15th was scheduled to be a "Marquee" game, but the Edmonton game on the 16th was only scheduled to be a "Regular Plus" game. There is really no reason why the Philly game was a marquee game... no reason whatsoever... So my thought is that the Philly game is when the Canucks were going to retire the Sedins jerseys (both of them). Then, at some point, they decided this wasn't the way to go, and so they changed the Philly game to a Premium game (dropped it by 1) and increased the Edmonton game to a Premium too (raised by 1) which then led me to speculate that they might be dividing the retirement ceremony into two nights - Henrik on Saturday (Philly) and Daniel on Sunday (Edmonton)........ or that they simply dropped the plan entirely and will retire the Sedins next year.

i feel like the sedins will have to be retired the same night , do the game on a satuday , 2 hour ceremony 

20 minutes ago, dsedinfan22 said:

i feel like the sedins will have to be retired the same night , do the game on a satuday , 2 hour ceremony 

there is a leafs game that sat before the canucks one.....  so not sure if they want to overlap it... plus against the flyers where no rivalries between the two... its either gonna be against the oilers or next season for their anniversary.. 

Archived