WalkWithElias

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bt116 said:

Maybe that's the case? 

 

I think The next time you make a listing you should notice 13%

 

I did a quick lookup and people are not happy about it because they really didn't say anything about this.  You only notice it if you look at the break down of your payout. 

Yeah I looked on their website, and stubhub says that they tell you the fees when you list your tickets. At the beginning of the season I listed ALL my tickets, and then deactivated the ones I want to keep or not sell, but if I decide to sell them I just activate them. Because of this I guess I am locked in to the 10% commission. But that being said, I will have to take a long hard look at what point stubhub becomes too excessive. There really isn't any competition to stubhub though which is sad. They know they can get away with charging insane fees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Yeah I looked on their website, and stubhub says that they tell you the fees when you list your tickets. At the beginning of the season I listed ALL my tickets, and then deactivated the ones I want to keep or not sell, but if I decide to sell them I just activate them. Because of this I guess I am locked in to the 10% commission. But that being said, I will have to take a long hard look at what point stubhub becomes too excessive. There really isn't any competition to stubhub though which is sad. They know they can get away with charging insane fees.

 I guess it's my bad I never read about the fees when I posted them.  I just Assumed it's at 10% and never bothered to check.  I accidentally found out about the 13 % when I was reading the email on one of my sales a few weeks ago. 

 

I still feel it's pretty sneaky on their part that they didn't make an announcement about this in an email or something so people can have a heads up. 

 

I still have a hell of a time selling on ticket exchange. I would gladly use it but it's useless to me if I cannot sell on there.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bt116 said:

 I guess it's my bad I never read about the fees when I posted them.  I just Assumed it's at 10% and never bothered to check.  I accidentally found out about the 13 % when I was reading the email on one of my sales a few weeks ago. 

 

I still feel it's pretty sneaky on their part that they didn't make an announcement about this in an email or something so people can have a heads up. 

 

I still have a hell of a time selling on ticket exchange. I would gladly use it but it's useless to me if I cannot sell on there.. 

Apparently from what I am reading, it isn't even 13%... they are saying it can "range" from like 9% to 17%.

 

I smell a lawsuit coming for sure. But stubhub will say that when you list your tickets, they tell you the fee they charge, and that IS true. The problem is, if you bulk list you dont always pay attention to that.

 

Here is one thread I found: https://stubhub.community/t5/Suggestions-and-Feedback/Seller-fees-increased-to-13-from-10/td-p/65681

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Apparently from what I am reading, it isn't even 13%... they are saying it can "range" from like 9% to 17%.

 

I smell a lawsuit coming for sure. But stubhub will say that when you list your tickets, they tell you the fee they charge, and that IS true. The problem is, if you bulk list you dont always pay attention to that.

 

Here is one thread I found: https://stubhub.community/t5/Suggestions-and-Feedback/Seller-fees-increased-to-13-from-10/td-p/65681

Yup that's the same thread that I read. 

 

Exactly.. I bulk list and it really caught me off guard... 

Edited by bt116

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't believe the Detroit game is close to a sell out.  Wonder if the canucks are holding some tickets on ticketmaster. 

 

I  just notice some new tickets being released for the Florida game on ticketmaster 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bt116 said:

I still can't believe the Detroit game is close to a sell out.  Wonder if the canucks are holding some tickets on ticketmaster. 

 

I  just notice some new tickets being released for the Florida game on ticketmaster 

 

 

I’m sure they are but that game is posted as a family day.   Canucks should do all their Sunday game early.  Sick of these later games on weekend especially sundays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bt116 said:

I still can't believe the Detroit game is close to a sell out.  Wonder if the canucks are holding some tickets on ticketmaster. 

 

I  just notice some new tickets being released for the Florida game on ticketmaster 

 

 

Only 400~ tickets left on stubhub and still 2 weeks away. That is some insane demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

They released a whole whack of tickets for the Detroit game

Looks like they jacked up the prices big time too, dynamic pricing style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone going to the after hours event tonight and know which Canucks will be attending? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so really, what's going on with the wings game? Tickets starting at $66US on the stub, list price???  4th or 5th biggest game this year??

 

I am scared to sell any tickets, if something gets announced.  

Edited by BCNeil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Okay so really, what's going on with the wings game? Tickets starting at $66US on the stub, list price???  4th or 5th biggest game this year??

 

 I am scared to sell any tickets, if something gets announced.  

I highly doubt anything would get announced...  I think it's just a combination of EP40 returning to the line up + being an afternoon game so parents bringing the kids to the game.

 

But still, the demand is crazy, and the price just keeps surging--It certainly feels unusual. 

 

I was lucky and exchanged extra tickets for this game months ago,  Sold some of them already at a good price.

 

Was browsing Craigslist and you know it's a high demand game when scalpers are posting ads wanting to buy up extra tickets.

 

 

Edited by bt116

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bt116 said:

I highly doubt anything would get announced...  I think it's just a combination of EP40 returning to the line up + being an afternoon game so parents bringing the kids to the game.

 

But still, the demand is crazy, and the price just keeps surging.  I was lucky and exchanged extra tickets for this game months ago,  Sold some of them already at a good price.

 

Was browsing Craigslist and you know it's a high demand game when scalpers are posting ads wanting to buy up extra tickets.

 

 

Yeah just weird.

 

Just got an email from the Flames....They are going to make an announcement tomorrow about their March game vs the Wild.

Everyone thinks its Iginla retirement night.  I have spent a lot this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Okay so really, what's going on with the wings game? Tickets starting at $66US on the stub, list price???  4th or 5th biggest game this year??

 

I am scared to sell any tickets, if something gets announced.  

No way anything gets announced. I mean, this club (Canucks) is good at keeping secrets. Last year they kept the Sedins retirement under wrap for 3 months even though lots of people knew about it, stubhub tickets for the final games didn't budge.

 

This is just a classic issue of 41 home games, and only 1 of them is a 1pm start. Lots of people with small kids and stuff, and a Sunday 1pm start is the only time that works for them. Also, it was a "regular" classification game, which means a lot of people could afford it when tickets were first released.

 

I think, if anything, this means we could see more 1pm Sunday games next year. This is exactly the type of target audience the Canucks want. If I were Aquaman, I would put on an absolute SHOW on Sunday. Face painting, cheap food, prizes, the whole works. Those 19,000 people coming on Sunday are your future hardcore fans. Will hardly be a suit in the audience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

No way anything gets announced. I mean, this club (Canucks) is good at keeping secrets. Last year they kept the Sedins retirement under wrap for 3 months even though lots of people knew about it, stubhub tickets for the final games didn't budge.

 

This is just a classic issue of 41 home games, and only 1 of them is a 1pm start. Lots of people with small kids and stuff, and a Sunday 1pm start is the only time that works for them. Also, it was a "regular" classification game, which means a lot of people could afford it when tickets were first released.

 

I think, if anything, this means we could see more 1pm Sunday games next year. This is exactly the type of target audience the Canucks want. If I were Aquaman, I would put on an absolute SHOW on Sunday. Face painting, cheap food, prizes, the whole works. Those 19,000 people coming on Sunday are your future hardcore fans. Will hardly be a suit in the audience. 

i sold mine back in oct , i talked to mt Rep Gary , he said detroit is a big draw , that is hard to believe these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

i sold mine back in oct , i talked to mt Rep Gary , he said detroit is a big draw , that is hard to believe these days

Detroit has traditionally been a big draw because it is one of the Original Six and those will always be big draws. But I agree with you, hard to believe these days cause Detroit is doing so poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way there's another batch of tickets posted for the Detroit game just now. I assume the Canucks will be releasing more and more each day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im done selling tickets for the season , i have 15 games left to attend, 80% of the tickets ive sold were through ticket exchange 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

im done selling tickets for the season , i have 15 games left to attend, 80% of the tickets ive sold were through ticket exchange 

I've had 0 luck there.  What section/row are you and do you just usually list at lowest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.