The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

On 1/30/2019 at 12:19 AM, jovocop55 said:

My bet is petterson will be there and then a bunch of non popular ones..  I went to the one 3 weeks ago for half season ticket holders.. boeser and horvat was the main ones there..  

Since its Family Day hopefully the whole team will be there for this neat event.  Dice & Ice is the next night and we know the whole team will be there.

14 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Renewals will be going out around March 1, if the team is still battling for a playoff spot, playoffs will be sent out end of March 

Seems to be in line with previous years.  I can see a slight raise in prices.

11 hours ago, gong_8 said:

Seems to be in line with previous years.  I can see a slight raise in prices.

I think they should wait till they sell more season ticket memberships before raising prices.

But I also think most of us current season ticket holders that have stuck with it the last few years won't be giving up now, if they raise prices.

Especially with the Sedins retirement night or nights.  Tickets for Iginla's retirement is pretty high, hopefully that happens here.

I can see them raising ticket prices too, but at the same time keeping the nice perks or maybe even adding a little bit more perks  to off set the higher ticket prices.  

I would imagine if they put together a few more victories like tonights, there will be a few more new season ticket members.  

I think whether or not they raise prices will depend on the next 3 weeks. If the Canucks are in a playoff position at the TDL, combined with Elias Pettersson winning the calder trophy, and next year being the 50th anniversary and sedins retirement, I think that a hike in ticket prices is probably going to happen. I also think that Canucks have learned over the past 5 years or so that they don't need STH's as much as they thought they previously did. The Canucks seem to be holding onto tickets for themselves in desirable areas (e.g. 1st row glass, or UB IV) and doing quite well reselling them on the secondary market or using dynamic pricing. There were 1st row tickets (glass) available for last night's game priced at $1,000 each on ticketmaster. These were direct from Canucks, not verified resale.

I honestly think one day we may see season tickets disappear entirely. The concept of STH's came about before the invention of the internet. Back then it was not possible to sell thousands of tickets. If the Canucks got rid of ALL season ticket holders and sold all tickets individually 1 by 1, with dynamic pricing (first in get cheaper tickets, and tickets slightly increase as they get sold) then they could probably end up being quite successful. I am waiting for the first organization to attempt something like this. The trick would be to start selling tickets as soon as the NHL schedule was released, and try and sell as many as they could during July and August.

I think only football could get away without having season ticket holders because they only play 2 exhibitions, 8 regular season games and at most 2 playoff home games.  I don’t think the other 3 sports can function without season ticket holders.

Canucks don’t have the luxury of a waiting list anymore.  To be honest I don’t think they will ever have one again.

8 hours ago, gong_8 said:

I think only football could get away without having season ticket holders because they only play 2 exhibitions, 8 regular season games and at most 2 playoff home games.  I don’t think the other 3 sports can function without season ticket holders.

Canucks don’t have the luxury of a waiting list anymore.  To be honest I don’t think they will ever have one again.

i think they will have one again in a few years

On 2/15/2019 at 12:15 AM, WalkWithElias said:

i feel like something for us will be out in the next few weeks , their waiting to see , if team makes playoffs so they can hit us with that also

I don't know when the renewal package will come out but looking back at my accounting program the deadline has usually been around mid March.  With the exception of the year Trevor Linden first came on board in 2014.  That was about a month later and that we could have cancelled our season ticket package later that summer if we didn't like what we saw during the draft and free agency period.   I don't believe anyone actually did.

You're going to have to start a new 2019 - 2020 thread soon @WalkWithElias

5 hours ago, gong_8 said:

I don't know when the renewal package will come out but looking back at my accounting program the deadline has usually been around mid March.  With the exception of the year Trevor Linden first came on board in 2014.  That was about a month later and that we could have cancelled our season ticket package later that summer if we didn't like what we saw during the draft and free agency period.   I don't believe anyone actually did.

You're going to have to start a new 2019 - 2020 thread soon @WalkWithElias

ill wait till we get the renewal 

On 2/15/2019 at 8:09 PM, WalkWithElias said:

I thinking of moving from an end zone to a corner next year , kinda wanna see the play on an angle 

why not just upgrade one or two of the games you have left to see if you like, instead of paying more for all the tickets next year.   I found in the upperbowl the corners/beginning of the sides are a better view.  however in the lowerbowl the corner just has more blindspots due to the glass.    A big benefit is if you are on the actual corner you can get more leg room if the seat is on part of the curve.

8 hours ago, trailers said:

why not just upgrade one or two of the games you have left to see if you like, instead of paying more for all the tickets next year.   I found in the upperbowl the corners/beginning of the sides are a better view.  however in the lowerbowl the corner just has more blindspots due to the glass.    A big benefit is if you are on the actual corner you can get more leg room if the seat is on part of the curve.

I mean upper corner , I want to see the play from an angle 

Archived