The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-2019 Canucks season tickets thread

WalkWithElias

54 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

They still charged the seller 40%. It's how stubhub makes profit. Honestly, not the most ethical company. They screwed me over really bad a couple of years ago and took $1500 for me in fees due to an error and I haven't forgotten it.

Well then I caused some $8 fines for people who listed their pairs at $10 a ticket.  

Its puts the Canucks firmly into the black for the year at least.  With lots of salary cap money to do something exciting this summer.

Just using that money for NEW star players could really help with tickets next year.  

I just got a call from a buddy, he is married with 5 kids.  He comes to games with me sometimes, but cant really afford to take his whole family.  Just 2 days ago I told him I would give him 7 tickets for free.  But I get all the bobbleheads.  He refused, couldnt do that to his kids.  He wants to change his mind.........arghh

31 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I just got a call from a buddy, he is married with 5 kids.  He comes to games with me sometimes, but cant really afford to take his whole family.  Just 2 days ago I told him I would give him 7 tickets for free.  But I get all the bobbleheads.  He refused, couldnt do that to his kids.  He wants to change his mind.........arghh

Who gives a crap. He wants to change his mind?? Of course he does NOW. Tell him to go pound sand and that the offer was on the table before the sedins retired.

I am in a similar boat. I checked stubhub and at least 50% of my tickets have been re-listed by scalpers. One of them who bought my tickets to Arizona for $90 a piece has them re-listed for $450 a ticket. That's a 500% markup. That is NOT fair. Plain and simple.

Not sure what I am going to do yet but gotta do what you gotta do. I have to feed my family just like everyone else does and I am not going to let some scalper take all the profits when I've been a STH for 7 years and I've waited for this moment for a while to have it just swooped away. Canucks really should have handled this better. I mean Kobe's retirement was announced with lots of time left.

4 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Who gives a crap. He wants to change his mind?? Of course he does NOW. Tell him to go pound sand and that the offer was on the table before the sedins retired.

I am in a similar boat. I checked stubhub and at least 50% of my tickets have been re-listed by scalpers. One of them who bought my tickets to Arizona for $90 a piece has them re-listed for $450 a ticket. That's a 500% markup. That is NOT fair. Plain and simple.

Not sure what I am going to do yet but gotta do what you gotta do. I have to feed my family just like everyone else does and I am not going to let some scalper take all the profits when I've been a STH for 7 years and I've waited for this moment for a while to have it just swooped away. Canucks really should have handled this better. I mean Kobe's retirement was announced with lots of time left.

Are those tickets you uploaded already....or just electronic listings...  does it make a difference.

I told him, the tickets all sold off.  

I guess today is the one good thing for a bad as it could be year.  I was expected the Oilers and Flames to be good.  It's almost like the Canucks made it to round 1.

4 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Are those tickets you uploaded already....or just electronic listings...  does it make a difference.

I told him, the tickets all sold off.  

I guess today is the one good thing for a bad as it could be year.  I was expected the Oilers and Flames to be good.  It's almost like the Canucks made it to round 1.

I had already uploaded them. And it looks like some of the scalpers already re-sold a few of them. And those scalpers may have re-listed those ones too. So who knows how many copies of the PDF are out there. It's a reminder of why PDF files probably are going the way of the Dodo and mobile ticketing will come into play.

10 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Surprise the Saturday game in Edmonton tickets are not jacked up, probably cheaper to buy tickets and watch in Edmonton :lol:

Me too lol. Cheaper to fly there and see them play their ACTUAL last game. But you know the Arizona game is gonna be emotional as hell. Canucks will go all out.

Also, it is the 50/50 huge draw where they put money in from the year that wasn't claimed. Jackpot was estimated to be $700,000 but I bet it probably hits $1 million+ now given the occasion.

No jersey retirements at least.  Hopefully they have them on separate nights next year with lots of notice.

I am planning to try to trick my account rep to tell me what game they are going to retire their numbers.

They should know way before.

It really seems like the Sedins didn't tell anyone till this morning.  I checked ticket prices around 7am and Vegas was $45 and Arizona still starting around $35.

So at least there was no insider trading today so to speak. Can you imagine how much money you could have made if you knew yesterday they were retiring for certain.  

8 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Stubhub probably making a killing today..   I’m sure they got a lot of cancelling orders.   People selling duplicates (sold on stubhub and ticket exchange at the same time).

Yep. Stubhub wins no matter what...... they get their 40% etc. That would be the ultimate blow, if your Arizona tickets sold for $40 on ticketexchange AND then sold on stubhub for $40 too. Can't retract ticketexchange, so you would need to retract stubhub. Then if they went out and bought $200 tickets and charged you the difference... brutal.

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

No jersey retirements at least.  Hopefully they have them on separate nights next year with lots of notice.

I am planning to try to trick my account rep to tell me what game they are going to retire their numbers.

They should know way before.

It really seems like the Sedins didn't tell anyone till this morning.  I checked ticket prices around 7am and Vegas was $45 and Arizona still starting around $35.

So at least there was no insider trading today so to speak. Can you imagine how much money you could have made if you knew yesterday they were retiring for certain.  

Jersey retirement will probably be on Saturday against the Leafs 4pm game. Thats the most viewed game of the year. thats when they did pavel bure

Prices really dropped for both the Vegas and Arizona game. They dropped in half. Arizona was around $300 at peak now $150. Vegas was around $140 now under $70.

Meanwhile. the Sedins actual last game (in Edmonton) is rapidly going UP in price. I think a lot of people are choosing to fly/drive to Edmonton to be a part of their actual last game.

If the Sedins last game was on Saturday against the Oilers AND it was in Vancouver, then I think tickets would be $500 each lol.

6 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Prices really dropped for both the Vegas and Arizona game. They dropped in half. Arizona was around $300 at peak now $150. Vegas was around $140 now under $70.

Meanwhile. the Sedins actual last game (in Edmonton) is rapidly going UP in price. I think a lot of people are choosing to fly/drive to Edmonton to be a part of their actual last game.

If the Sedins last game was on Saturday against the Oilers AND it was in Vancouver, then I think tickets would be $500 each lol.

yes i notice that too.  cheapest pair on Stubhub for the Arizona game is $125 USD + fees per ticket .  A lot of people really overpaid yesterday, when the market was at its peak.

I somehow think the prices might still go back up a little bit, maybe come tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, relocation can be anytime.  I wish it was more standard.  I know there was a few years I couldn't plan summer trips till I found out.

New letter from the Canucks...........

Neil, thank you. Thank you for your unwavering support during the 2017.18 season; you made your presence felt across the entire league. Thank you for helping to create moments that will never be forgotten.

Across the league....did they find out I am not a monogamous STH?

On 2018-03-30 at 12:34 AM, DonaldBrashear said:

People are selling those Henrik Sedin bobbleheads (the limited edition ones given out at the Anaheim game) on ebay. Several of them sold for approx $100 each.

I was at the game and someone was selling the Henrik bobbleheads around the atrium for $50 lol.... Just wait a few years, they will go up in price if someone is desperate enough to buy them

Looks like I will be doing seat relocation from my ipad in Vegas.  Unless I finally get night one.

I am surprised they are still doing live relocation.  I think every other team just has online or some teams you have to call your rep and they help you find new seats.

I think we might be the last team with paper tickets too.  

Maybe they just keep both so they don't upset anyone, once the team is good, they will get rid of both.

Archived