The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] DET trade G Petr Mrazek to PHI

Adarsh Sant

39 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I think Nilsson is probably worth a 4th or maybe a 3rd to the right team. Id probably just keep him until next years trade deadline. Insulate Demko a little and give him the last third of the season in 2019 as our back up

The point of trading Nilsson is to make room for Demko next year (for the full season). With Mrazek going for a 4th I would expect no more than a conditional 6th or 7th rounder for Nilsson. His cap hit is quite high for a guy who only plays every 3 weeks too...

Not arguing your point just my 2 cents

For reference, Darling was something 18-5 with the Hawks and he only netted them a 3rd.  Better numbers than Mrazek too.

I think this is decent value for Petr, he's a starting caliber goalie. Not elite (as proven by the value netted) but solid.

Guess Detroit got something for him at least which is good?  Looks like it's been Howard's crease and now he'll have to run with it.

3 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Bad deal for detroit 

They get a pick and every indication was that they were not going to qualify him and let him go to free agency - they get a pick instead of nothing.

They did not protect him expansion and instead selected to protect Howard re attitude.

13 hours ago, luckylager said:

3rd and a 4th, Jimmy.

Sure Mraz had a good season once. He's not that much better than Nilsson. 

missed the extra 4th on the original look at the tweet....  if Nilsson didn't have that extra year on the contract he might have been in play. I'm still hopeful Nilsson can be a good player for us but he sure seems to have got on Greens sh!t list. 

12 hours ago, gerry35 said:

If Nilsson would concentrate on stopping a puck once in a while instead of being a SJW he probably would be a decent goalie. His only job should be to stop a puck and that's it.

Reading a bit too much into this IMO. I doubt his beliefs affect his play very much. Didn't seem to be the case for Hamhuis.

Archived