The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] VAN - WSH

Ted Lasso

To Van: Bowey, 2018 1st

To WSH: Tanev

Washington needs D for their playoff run AND next year, so Tanev is ideal for them.

Bowey is nearly NHL ready, but yet unproven. 23 yr old RHD with NHL size, that skates and moves the puck well. 

Canucks net another D prospect in the 1st round, and use the the cap space to take a run at Green this Summer. 

Our D next year:

Edler Gudbranson

MDZ Green

Juolevi Stecher

Pouliot Bowey

Hutton is packaged off for picks or prospects if Olli is ready.

34 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't see WSH trading a young stud D and their 1st. They gave up 1st last year to STL. They need to keep younger kids and get picks into system again. Or they'll end up being Canucks in 2 or 3 years. 

Considering their aging core I don't see them being competitive in 2-3 years even if they keep their picks. 

I would do this.

Edler and Vanek

for

Bowey, Orpik(cap dump), and Washington's 1st.

They have 2 top RHD in Carlson and Niskanen, but their LHD is weak and I think that Edler will step right into the top 4 for a playoff run.  Their winger depth is also weak and Vanek would be an upgrade.

We get a great young RHD, a serviceable veteran for this year and then maybe buy him out, plus a late 1st in a very strong draft.

59 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I would do this.

Edler and Vanek

for

Bowey, Orpik(cap dump), and Washington's 1st.

They have 2 top RHD in Carlson and Niskanen, but their LHD is weak and I think that Edler will step right into the top 4 for a playoff run.  Their winger depth is also weak and Vanek would be an upgrade.

We get a great young RHD, a serviceable veteran for this year and then maybe buy him out, plus a late 1st in a very strong draft.

interesting idea. Not sure if that is enough value if we take back Orpik.

I would flip orpik with __% retention to a team right away, no need for a 37yr old D on our team

Archived