• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Powers

[proposal] VAN - WSH

To Van: Bowey, 2018 1st

To WSH: Tanev

Washington needs D for their playoff run AND next year, so Tanev is ideal for them.

Bowey is nearly NHL ready, but yet unproven. 23 yr old RHD with NHL size, that skates and moves the puck well. 

Canucks net another D prospect in the 1st round, and use the the cap space to take a run at Green this Summer. 

Our D next year:

Edler Gudbranson

MDZ Green

Juolevi Stecher

Pouliot Bowey

Hutton is packaged off for picks or prospects if Olli is ready.

• Like 1

Caps GM Brian McLelland may not be the brightest GM out there, but he's not a complete idiot.

Edit: and he doesn't have the cap space to accommodate that, even if he were

Edited by Undrafted

MacLellan said they have very limited cap space and are not going to be giving up key assets.  Bowey will not be traded.

Sounds like they are looking more for a cheap LD that can kill penalties.

I don't see WSH trading a young stud D and their 1st. They gave up 1st last year to STL. They need to keep younger kids and get picks into system again. Or they'll end up being Canucks in 2 or 3 years. 

34 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't see WSH trading a young stud D and their 1st. They gave up 1st last year to STL. They need to keep younger kids and get picks into system again. Or they'll end up being Canucks in 2 or 3 years. 

Considering their aging core I don't see them being competitive in 2-3 years even if they keep their picks. 

• Upvote 1

Overall values are close but the context of cap implications and that 1st kill this deal.

If Washington didn't love Orpik and had the cap space maybe they'd take a stab at Tanev. But you'd be lucky to land Bowey alone in that kind of deal.

6 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Considering their aging core I don't see them being competitive in 2-3 years even if they keep their picks. 

sure, but do you see them trading 1st and Bowye?

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

sure, but do you see them trading 1st and Bowye?

Not for Tanev alone but if they feel he and say granlund can help them get a cup in the next couple years then sure

I would do this.

Edler and Vanek

for

Bowey, Orpik(cap dump), and Washington's 1st.

They have 2 top RHD in Carlson and Niskanen, but their LHD is weak and I think that Edler will step right into the top 4 for a playoff run.  Their winger depth is also weak and Vanek would be an upgrade.

We get a great young RHD, a serviceable veteran for this year and then maybe buy him out, plus a late 1st in a very strong draft.

59 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I would do this.

Edler and Vanek

for

Bowey, Orpik(cap dump), and Washington's 1st.

They have 2 top RHD in Carlson and Niskanen, but their LHD is weak and I think that Edler will step right into the top 4 for a playoff run.  Their winger depth is also weak and Vanek would be an upgrade.

We get a great young RHD, a serviceable veteran for this year and then maybe buy him out, plus a late 1st in a very strong draft.

interesting idea. Not sure if that is enough value if we take back Orpik.

I would flip orpik with __% retention to a team right away, no need for a 37yr old D on our team