The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, oldnews said:

the jr. 'analytics' community sang the same songs about Sbisa

I'd hold on the Sbisa evaluation until we see if we can keep it up long-term.

Gallant has got the Golden Knights on some magic beans. Marchessault, Haula, Bellemare, Karlsson, Perron, Smith, Engelland, Schmidt, Miller, Hunt and Nosek are having career years. Has that ever happened before? I'd like to see if it's sustainable. 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

lol

do you really want to go there again? 

what was your evaluation again?

That he's not a top-4 D iirc. Not sure he's proven otherwise after 26 games with the Golden Knights tbh. 

I mean, I'm not even sure if William Karlsson is even the 30-goal scorer he's showing to be this season.

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Well

there are only a handful of teams that can choke like that and we are one of them.

Best bed-$&!#ters ever actually. 

Parenting issue, or scouting?

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

yeah, one of the whipping boyz is the franchise leader in overtime goals.....

I can't help but wonder what their OT +/- is over the last 3 years though.

Pretty stinky I bet. But I'm wrong a lot.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I've never been part of a game before where you score four goals and don't give up an even-strength goal, and lose." - Green

Not sure if I've ever seen that level of bed crapping either, coach. 

T'was a very entertaining game all and all. Bad penalties and an indescribably brutal PK won the tankers hearts. 

Next time Coloradah, next time

5 minutes ago, guntrix said:

That he's not a top-4 D iirc. Not sure he's proven otherwise after 26 games with the Golden Knights tbh. 

I mean, I'm not even sure if William Karlsson is even the 30-goal scorer he's showing to be this season.

More to the tune of:

"he's an overpaid AHLer"

worst contract ever - kinda thing

'if Sbisa got 3.5, then Gudbranson is gonna get 5.5 or moar!!'

That kinda "evaluation" lol.

So, you're sticking to it, are you?

Why aint I surprised?

Just now, oldnews said:

More to the tune of:

"he's an overpaid AHLer"

worst contract ever - kinda thing

'if Sbisa got 3.5, then Gudbranson is gonna get 5.5 or moar!!'

That kinda "evaluation" lol.

So, you're sticking to it, are you?

Why aint I surprised?

Yup. I'm just not sure how 26 games is a viable sample size while we give certain Canuck players multiple seasons before coming to a conclusion. It's like we use different measuring sticks for different players. 

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I don't know - you may be right.

I thought 3 on 3 would be the worst case scenario for them - but they actually weren't bad, particularly early on - they were actually quite strong.

I think the dynamic goes both ways - their lack of foot speed is clearly more exposed 3 on 3 - however on the other hand with all the extra space, there is also the fact that no one moves as quickly as the puck - and they have that much more space to move the puck in - so the dynamic is actually pretty interesting, with them really being able to wear opponents out with lengthly possession - but when they lose possession, particularly towards the end of a shift - the transition aint pretty.

Anyhow, we are going to see the Sedins on the ice in middle six proportions in all but shorthanded situations.....not sure why people lose their ship over it. 

I mean - Horvat and Boeser lead the team in powerplay minutes tonight for example - but the Sedins are not going to outright disappear.

5 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Yup. I'm just not sure how 26 games is a viable sample size while we give certain Canuck players multiple seasons before coming to a conclusion. It's like we use different measuring sticks for different players. 

yeah, it 's not like you came to those Sbisa evaluations after any significant sample g - nor have you bothered to see enough of Gudbranson.

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Best bed-$&!#ters ever actually. 

Parenting issue, or scouting?

Not sure if I've ever seen that level of bed crapping either, coach. 

T'was a very entertaining game all and all. Bad penalties and an indescribably brutal PK won the tankers hearts. 

Next time Coloradah, next time

Boeser: " I'll get you next time Varlamov, next time!!!"

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

yeah, it 's not like you came to those evaluations after any significant sample g - nor have you bothered to see enough of Gudbranson.

Over 450 games of Luca playing in lower pairings with the Ducks and Van is not a significant sample size?

And I'd rather not bring Erik into this for the sake of not turning this thread into another pissing contest. 

Utica's been winning with Archie, Holm, and Goldy out of the line up (Boucher for awhile but now is back in)....now that is impressive...Can't explain why management would not want to see Holm play at the NHL level to see what they have...

2 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Over 450 games of Luca playing in lower pairings with the Ducks and Van is not a significant sample size?

And I'd rather not bring Erik into this for the sake of not turning this thread into another pissing contest. 

450 NHL games for an AHLer lol.  thanks for making my point.

but yes, best not to bother with this any longer.

Archived