The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Montreal trades D Jakub Jerabek to Capitals for 5th

Rush17

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Montreal trades D Jakub Jerabek to Capitals for 5th
1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

This is more similar to us trading Weircoch than Biega.

I assume the Biega comparison is more the fac that he was probably a 7th dman there that drew in games occasionally. If we are talking style of play, probably more like Hutton or Pouliot, so if Jerabek gets a 5th, those two should have more value.

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

If the Canucks can get a pick like this (5th) for Biega that would be a win.

With his determination and bulldog approach I could see it.  His value to young d and being able to rotate him in makes him extremely valuable to us too.  

Stech is turning into a bulldog of his own.

53 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

With his determination and bulldog approach I could see it.  His value to young d and being able to rotate him in makes him extremely valuable to us too.  

Stech is turning into a bulldog of his own.

yea...with current state of our team Biega is extremely valuable...... if Biega could get a 5th methinks he would have been gone a long time ago. Typically fringe NHL players on terrible teams don't have much trade value. Remember two years ago when JB announced all those (extremely valuable) players like Vey, Cracknell, Kenins, Bartkowski, Higgins, Prust were available.... didn't seem to be too many takers then. I doubt there are too many takers for our leftovers this year either. 

3 hours ago, canucker1971 said:

LENNING seeing these trades go down????? I want EDLER traded by Feb 25. OUT

You are aware he is the Canucks top defenseman who has indicated he has no desire to waive his clause? Or the very management team you want to trade him thinks he is their again number one defenseman.

Sorry

7 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

yea...with current state of our team Biega is extremely valuable...... if Biega could get a 5th methinks he would have been gone a long time ago. Typically fringe NHL players on terrible teams don't have much trade value. Remember two years ago when JB announced all those (extremely valuable) players like Vey, Cracknell, Kenins, Bartkowski, Higgins, Prust were available.... didn't seem to be too many takers then. I doubt there are too many takers for our leftovers this year either. 

Its probably best for LENNING to not speak through the media anymore. He is too honest and in over his head clearly

I know longshots cost nothing...but right now Bergevin looks like an amateur.  All his "free" projects and longshot crashed and burned.  Semin, Hemsky, Streit, Schlemko, Jerabek.    Experiments are ok, but when you consistently fail, it kind of reflect badly on him.

The one good expirement he made was Radulov and he let him walk right after.

1 hour ago, canucker1971 said:

Mean? lol I just don't like typing Linden and Benning, hence = LENNING.

You could just say Benning and leave Linden out since he is not involved in trades. Trades usually involve Benning and the scouting staff.

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

You could just say Benning and leave Linden out since he is not involved in trades. Trades usually involve Benning and the scouting staff.

No, big Trev is watching Benning's evey move. He is the ultimate puppet for the Italian owners. Linden is just pulling strings.

LENNING it is, sorry

1 hour ago, cdubuya said:

The garage sale 7; wasn't it? Lol

Archived