The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Montreal trades D Jakub Jerabek to Capitals for 5th

Rush17

Hang on, hang on...  

Getting a 5th round pick equates to squat...  you may as well take that pick and wipe your @$$ with it since the odds are that the 5th round draft choice won't even make your AHL team.  

Taking a guy that's made it to the AHL (KHL in this case) and then made the leap to the NHL, should be worth more then a 5th rounder.  

I'd be disappointed if we traded Biega for a 5th round pick.  

Give me a guy with a couple of years of professional development over a bottom of the barrel pick.  

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hang on, hang on...  

Getting a 5th round pick equates to squat...  you may as well take that pick and wipe your @$$ with it since the odds are that the 5th round draft choice won't even make your AHL team.  

Taking a guy that's made it to the AHL (KHL in this case) and then made the leap to the NHL, should be worth more then a 5th rounder.  

Give me a guy with a couple of years of professional development over a bottom of the barrel pick.  

We have Adam Gaudette who was recently drafted in the 5th round. We also have Ben Hutton, who is no worse than Jerabek. You never know what you may get.

I wouldn't trade Biega for a 5th, not because I don't want the pick, but because I think he's a great team guy that doesn't complain about his role.

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

We have Adam Gaudette who was recently drafted in the 5th round. We also have Ben Hutton, who is no worse than Jerabek. You never know what you may get.

I wouldn't trade Biega for a 5th, not because I don't want the pick, but because I think he's a great team guy that doesn't complain about his role.

Jerabek is better than Hutton.

This was a dumb trade by my Habs.

20 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hang on, hang on...  

Jim's done well with them.

Forsling, Gaudette, recently Gunnersson(can't spell)

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Jerabek is better than Hutton.

This was a dumb trade by my Habs.

Not sure how you concluded that. Hutton is two years younger with two more years of NHL experience. I guess we will see how he fares in Washington if given a fair shot to play. But I do agree with you that they could've done better in a trade, but not by much. Perhaps other guys should've been moved instead and given him more of a chance to play.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Not sure how you concluded that. Hutton is two years younger with two more years of NHL experience. I guess we will see how he fares in Washington if given a fair shot to play. But I do agree with you that they could've done better in a trade, but not by much. Perhaps other guys should've been moved instead and given him more of a chance to play.

I've seen him play. He's a lot smarter of a player overall. Makes the high percentage plays.

He'd be a regular on the Canucks. I'll say that.

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I've seen him play. He's a lot smarter of a player overall. Makes the high percentage plays.

He'd be a regular on the Canucks. I'll say that.

I haven't really seen him play much, so I can't really judge. However, I just get the Yannick Weber vibe from him. Not to say that's bad or anything, after all Weber is on one of the strongest D cores in Nashville, but that doesn't really scream out to me that I can state he is better than Hutton.

6 hours ago, canucker1971 said:

No, big Trev is watching Benning's evey move. He is the ultimate puppet for the Italian owners. Linden is just pulling strings.

LENNING it is, sorry

I guess it is if you believe it is right? The world isn't whatever you say it is.

Benning has said that meets with Judd Brackett to discuss trades so if you want to be accurate you could say Branning I suppose but it's more fun to troll I guess.

Archived