The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Marc Bergevin Has Been Shut Down By Geoff Molson After Making Another Bad Trade

fivethej

1 minute ago, fivethej said:

Thing is Bergevin prides himself on D. He stated at start of this season Habs D this yr was better then last season. He actually said that.

Bergevin has been there almost 7 yrs and failed to acquire #1C or address the scoring issue. Habs potentially could had top 3 D of Weber, Sergachev, Markov. He's so arrogant in how he speaks and conducts business including when he made a smart ass remark about Radulov leaving saying "If you want loyalty buy a dog".

All the excuses he's used:

"It's all on me"

"So hard to make trades"

"We have everything we need in locker room"

"We didn't win our division by accident. These things take time"

Not to mention he's sitting on $8 Million or so cap space but hasn't used it. Habs will have approx $20 Million cap space and he along with Molson have been acting like they will land Tavares.

Don't forget that stupid extension for Price. 

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

Don't forget that stupid extension for Price. 

I honestly don't understand why Price re-signed. He knows they can't score and team isn't very good, so why would he want to stay in Montreal. Wants to win a Cup before he retires ain't happening with Bergevin. He could have gone elsewhere to a better team and still gotten paid.

Or the fact Bergevin can't make a big trade. All he does is trade for 3rd/4th liners and scrubs along with bargain discount signings. Look at some of his FA signings: Briere, Semin, Hemsky, Douglas Murray, George Parros, signing Andrew Shaw for 6 yrs, bringing back Mark Streit who ended up only playing a few games this season before retiring. Bringing back Michel Therrein as Head Coach when he didn't work 1st time with Habs or the fact he didn't win Cup with Pens when they had a stacked team. Nothing against Claude Julian but again another retread.

Habs do nothing but bringing back former Coaches and players trying to relive the old days along with they must be french thing.

The whole persistence on the French thing is not working. Bilingual GM, coaches, players. I have to admit I am chuckling at the whole thing. Not into the whole bilinguslism thing. Wish our country all spoke English. Or Quebec would of just separated. 

Mad Mike Milbury>>>>> Bergevin

Bergevin should have been released a year after trading Subban, that trade was a disaster, and I thought that from the start. Problem was, Subban was a bigger image, personality and face of the team in Montreal than Bergevin and I don't think that sat very well with Bergevin.

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Bergevin should have been released a year after trading Subban, that trade was a disaster, and I thought that from the start. Problem was, Subban was a bigger image, personality and face of the team in Montreal than Bergevin and I don't think that sat very well with Bergevin.

With ownership.  They didn't like that the Subban brand was overshadowing the Montreal brand.

A 5'11" 26 year old czech d-man who had a hard time cracking the roster is the reason.

I have a hard time believing this trade was the reason and a hard time believing he's been shut down. Otherwise he would've been fired already if he'd lost confidence in him.

16 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

A 5'11" 26 year old czech d-man who had a hard time cracking the roster is the reason.

I have a hard time believing this trade was the reason and a hard time believing he's been shut down. Otherwise he would've been fired already if he'd lost confidence in him.

I don't think I'd believe anything that Hockey Feed has to say. It seems like a sensationalist type of media, not sure I'd consider them a legit source...

I'm shocked he still has a job.  They need to completely clean house.  Briesbrois is likely to be their next GM, both speaking French and being a big part of the management of a winning organization who drafts well.  He's probably the one guy I wouldn't have minded hiring if we'd let Benning go (and I like Benning).

Bergevin will probably be allowed to move expiring contracts but it's obvious he'll be fired at the end of the season.  I wouldn't be letting him make trades either.

3 hours ago, fivethej said:

I honestly don't understand why Price re-signed. He knows they can't score and team isn't very good, so why would he want to stay in Montreal. Wants to win a Cup before he retires ain't happening with Bergevin. He could have gone elsewhere to a better team and still gotten paid.

He had 84 million reasons why he re-signed. He may want to win a cup, but you can't ignore security until he's 38 and most of the money is upfront as signing bonuses. I don't think any other team would've offered him that contract. Any other team offering that type of contract would be crippling their team anyway, so it's either he takes the big money or leave some on the table to try and win the cup, but even then it's no garauntee to win. I think a lot of people will take the money and seeing the direction of the Canadiens, I bet Price is just glad he's at least getting paid.

3 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

I disagree that Subban was solely his trade.

I believe that to be ownership involved move, more of a historic team identity versus a charactor that garnered to much attention

I think it was a feud between Therrien and Subban as I remember Therrien calling out Subban a lot in the media. Bergevin has done a horrible job in Montreal now. It will be interesting to see how long before ownership gets rid of him.

Bergevin publicly stated he wouldn't trade PK or Sergachev but he ended up doing so. He also said his final offers were on table to Radulov and Markov but at the very last second he offered to match Dallas offer to Radulov, who had also verbally agreed to sign with them and wasn't going to back out. 

6 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

I bet Bergevins waiting for AV to get fired so he can hire him and fire Claude...

Either AV or Guy Carbonneau returns as he was the one who replaced Claude when he was fired 1st time. It doesn't matter who head Coach is team is awful.

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Bergevin is worst then Rejean Houle.

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sooo, days away from the TDL, who WILL be doing transactions for the Habs?  Shall Jim contact Geoff directly?  Sounds like the fleecing opportunity still abounds.

Benning needs to contact Youppi.

Youppi.jpg?resize=700,1050&ssl=1

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-general-manager-application/

Archived