The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Marc Bergevin Has Been Shut Down By Geoff Molson After Making Another Bad Trade

fivethej

28276763_10155162647905918_9205664804964

1 hour ago, Shekky said:

I think it was a feud between Therrien and Subban as I remember Therrien calling out Subban a lot in the media. Bergevin has done a horrible job in Montreal now. It will be interesting to see how long before ownership gets rid of him.

Funny thing is Therrien and PK were BFF's during all-star weekend.

7 hours ago, rekker said:

Face palm. Between Ottawa, Edmonton, Montreal it sure keeps the heat off of the Canucks. Right now we are the half decent looking girl hanging out with three ugly girls. Makes us look better and better all the time.

So what you're saying is, the Canucks have just upped their chances of getting screwed. Not sure I like the analogy.

25 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Bergevin publicly stated he wouldn't trade PK or Sergachev but he ended up doing so. He also said his final offers were on table to Radulov and Markov but at the very last second he offered to match Dallas offer to Radulov, who had also verbally agreed to sign with them and wasn't going to back out. 

Either AV or Guy Carbonneau returns as he was the one who replaced Claude when he was fired 1st time. It doesn't matter who head Coach is team is awful.

Bergevin is worst then Rejean Houle.

Benning needs to contact Youppi.

Youppi.jpg?resize=700,1050&ssl=1

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-general-manager-application/

PK for Weber was such a stupid move, but I think even monumentally more stupid was trading Sergachev for Drouin.

I guess they still have a good asset in Shea Weber..... they just need to eat up half of his salary remaining salary.  

Weber with 50% discount at $3.9 million per year, even with 8 years remaining will be a good deal for any team wishing to contend for 3-5 year window.  

Starting next season, there's no more signing bonus and just purely salary.  $80 million of the $110 million has already been paid by the Canadian.  The final 3 years only has $1 million per season.  

If the Canadiens wishes to speed up the rebuild, he should be traded ASAP.  

9 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Georges Laraque is not a reliable source (not faulting the OP). He is just a guy desperate to be in the spotlight. Not saying this isn't true, just that Georges Laraque is unlikely to have any "inside source".

eehhhhh.... he's as Montreal as Montreal can be. Having lived there for a while, Laraque's name does carry local pedigree.

13 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Getting rid of all his Russians and African Americans, the Slovaks are next.  Emelin, Markov, Radulov, Sergachev, Jerabek, Smith-Pelley, Subban.  .  Bring in more francophones Marc it seems to be doing you very well

No GM should be tossing away defenceman like this guy is, it's a travesty and I imagine he is on extremely thin ice.

:blink:

6 hours ago, VanGnome said:

PK for Weber was such a stupid move, but I think even monumentally more stupid was trading Sergachev for Drouin.

Not necessarily - particularly if they'd kept Sergachev.

Weber with Sergachev and that blueline overall looks a whole lot better.

No dramaqueen Drouin - re-sign Radulov instead - and you have a much more difficult forward group to contend with.

Sergachev and Radulov vs Drouin is inconceivably dumb.

Stop renting junk like Steve Ott.

Stop giving away Sven Andrighettos for Andreas Martinsens.

Why bring in a recycled, hard-headed rival coach that is widely loathed by your fanbase?  Shades of Torturefella.

Zero confidence in Bergevin - but why bother keeping a GM whose moves you have to block?   What is wrong with the Habs?

8 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I guess they still have a good asset in Shea Weber..... they just need to eat up half of his salary remaining salary.  

Weber with 50% discount at $3.9 million per year, even with 8 years remaining will be a good deal for any team wishing to contend for 3-5 year window.  

Starting next season, there's no more signing bonus and just purely salary.  $80 million of the $110 million has already been paid by the Canadian.  The final 3 years only has $1 million per season.  

If the Canadiens wishes to speed up the rebuild, he should be traded ASAP.  

Sounds like a match made in heaven for the ARZ Coyotes :lol:

On 2/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, rekker said:

Face palm. Between Ottawa, Edmonton, Montreal it sure keeps the heat off of the Canucks. Right now we are the half decent looking girl hanging out with three ugly girls. Makes us look better and better all the time.

half decent with big knockers!

When Montreal was hosting Nashville earlier this month, Bergevin was in Minnesota watching the Wild play Chicago and was seen talking to Fletcher after the game.

Tonight the Wild are playing in New Jersey and Bergevin is at that game with AGM Scott Mellanby.  Montreal is at home playing the Rangers. 

Seems like something could be up between the Wild and Montreal.

4 hours ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Sounds like a media puff story. If anything an owner might demand any trades get run by him first but ultimately Molson would simply fire him and get another GM in to steady the boat

Montreal was my team until the Canucks came to Van. I think I even held out a year. My doubts started when Sammy Polluck passes on naming Bowman the new GM. Many great teams of the 50's, 60's and 70's. Very sad shadow today of what was. 

Well, if the owner is worried about another trade going south and wanting to keep as many assets as possible for what's seemingly inevitably a new GM, then I can see why this has happened at trade deadline and not in the off-season, especially considering their position in the standings indicates they would likely be sellers instead of buyers.

Archived