The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Senators open to trading Karlsson ahead of deadline

Roberts

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

If our pick is 4th overall and up, probably flip our 1st rounder, goldobin, tanev, and if im going to guess it would either be one of gadjovich/juolevi/lind to get Karlsson

I don't think we have to spend too much time worrying if jb would actually make this trade albeit it is fun thinking and reading other people's proposals on what it would take. 

We are years away from making a trade like this. Need to get to contender status before we do things like this. 

Any how I think Caps should try to make this happen. I don't see them giving up top level kids and high pucks this year but for EK they should definitely consider. 

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If they're smart they're looking at NYI right now for either pre deadline or post playoffs before the draft

Barzal, Pulock, (bad contract like Ladd or Clutterbuck) CGY and NYI 2018 first and 2019 NYI 2nd for Karlsson and...say Zack Smith or Mark Stone?

I know people will say I am out to lunch but it's about the cost of netting a Karlsson and half the reason we NEED Dahlin because you don't trade for a 70 point defenceman and it's unlikely to see 1 piece moving in one direction alone with a Karlsson trade

The Islanders are not trading Barzal when Tavares can walk as a UFA. Not only that but Barzal has looked amazing and Karlsson has been terrible. There is no way Karlsson will fetch a rookie like Barzal.

20 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The Islanders are not trading Barzal when Tavares can walk as a UFA. Not only that but Barzal has looked amazing and Karlsson has been terrible. There is no way Karlsson will fetch a rookie like Barzal.

I just can't see a team gutting their prospect pool like that. I sure wouldn't. EK is one player having a so so year, signed for only one more, injury history. That's too much for him. I want him on my team. But not at that price tag. 

42 minutes ago, rekker said:

I just can't see a team gutting their prospect pool like that. I sure wouldn't. EK is one player having a so so year, signed for only one more, injury history. That's too much for him. I want him on my team. But not at that price tag. 

Yea and it could be his injury is the reason why he is having an off year. There is just way too much risk involved to give up big pieces to acquire him. Plus he wants a big payday.

17 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If they're smart they're looking at NYI right now for either pre deadline or post playoffs before the draft

Barzal, Pulock, (bad contract like Ladd or Clutterbuck) CGY and NYI 2018 first and 2019 NYI 2nd for Karlsson and...say Zack Smith or Mark Stone?

I know people will say I am out to lunch but it's about the cost of netting a Karlsson and half the reason we NEED Dahlin because you don't trade for a 70 point defenceman and it's unlikely to see 1 piece moving in one direction alone with a Karlsson trade

Mark Stone ? in what world is he a throw in like Zack Smith is in a trade? Stone is Ottawas next best asset after EK

Anyways Tampa should be pushing hard for a deal, they are guarenteed at least 1 cup in the next two years if they get him

8 minutes ago, Yotes said:

We in theory could take on Ryan's contract.

So unlikely the Canucks make a splash like EK and Ryan. But if Benning tried to get PK Subban there is a grain of salt saying it could happen I suppose.

I assume OTT would want EP though?

We could but it is a worse deal them LE. I wouldn't even do Loui for Ryan straight across. And I'm not a Loui fan. That contract for Ryan is up there with Seabrooks. Just not as long. 

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

As cool as it would be to have EK, at this point of time is would be useless, and a total disaster to our rebuild.  

The trade would take giant pieces of our future we can't afford to lose.  

Lets just focus on trying to draft or own EK

You are so right! EK doesn't fit not just because of the timeline but also for what it would take to get him. The Canucks are simply not deep enough to send a bunch of talent to Ottawa. The org that gets EK had better be ready to pay $13 mil per season to keep him. 

EK to Tampa makes sense. They have the ammo to make a pitch. If I am JB I talk to Stevie Y and ask about a 3 way trade. Ottawa needs to dump Ryan. Ryan goes to Tampa then directly to us with incentives. IE Sergachev, or Foote. Picks etc. I see Stevie Y dangling his first and Kucherov to Ottawa. Kuch is due a huge raise. Huge. It may be in Tampas best interest to move him now. I can't see how they can afford Hedman, Kuch, Stamkos, EK, Vaselefsky down the road. 

Archived