The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Edler still not interested in waving NTC

Adarsh Sant

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what would you like Jim to do about it now? no point in continuing to whine about it. Jake is what he is, he may yet turn into a top 6 player but the fact is not every top 10 pick makes it. 

I was pro JV at the 2014 draft. I liked our Swedes, but we had too many. I liked Ehlers, but the Schroeder pick was too similar. My post was a passive aggressive shot at the poster, who comes across as anti Canuck everything. He said something that could be taken as 'pro Benning' and I wanted to point it out.

3 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

I was pro JV at the 2014 draft. I liked our Swedes, but we had too many. I liked Ehlers, but the Schroeder pick was too similar. My post was a passive aggressive shot at the poster, who comes across as anti Canuck everything. He said something that could be taken as 'pro Benning' and I wanted to point it out.

ah ok. we need more emoji's for passive aggression ^_^  

I wasn't thrilled with the Jake pick but I still think its not a certain bust. They hit the reset button last year and are trying to turn him into a responsible player before giving him anything above 4th line minutes. Sure its disappointing but he's 21, there's a lot of time left yet to see if he can mature into something resembling his draft order. 

On 22/02/2018 at 6:40 AM, canucker1971 said:

So it was okay to ask local guy Jason Garrisson, but, for the Twins is different? Sorry you lost me.

On 22/02/2018 at 4:52 AM, Baggins said:

Players give up cash to have the NTC. They therefore have the right to decide. Punishing a player for declining to waive his ntc just puts the GM in a bad light and further players won't have any trust in such deals with that GM. Respect is a two way street.

How many times have the twins said they want to finish there careers here? How many times have they said they don't want to play for any other team?

5 minutes ago, Baggins said:

How many times have the twins said they want to finish there careers here? How many times have they said they don't want to play for any other team?

Apparently not enough times for some people to figure it out. Probably 10% of the posts on here is  posters trying to trade a player that doesn't want to, or have to, go.

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

And Bieksa said he'd go down with this ship.

Even another Swede Naslund gave it another shot in New York for a year.

Its not an impossible thought that they could change their minds. Even though you may think you have their decision in hand already. And I believe the original poster you responded to was not even talking about the Twins, but Edler.  Its ludicrous to bench him for not waiving obviously, but soft ball persuasion through hints that he will only be here for another year anyways, and so he may want to think about moving now, and him having another thought on it, is not out of the question.

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

And Bieksa said he'd go down with this ship.

Even another Swede Naslund gave it another shot in New York for a year.

Its not an impossible thought that they could change their minds. Even though you may think you have their decision in hand already. And I believe the original poster you responded to was not even talking about the Twins, but Edler.  Its ludicrous to bench him for not waiving obviously, but soft ball persuasion through hints that he will only be here for another year anyways, and so he may want to think about moving now, and him having another thought on it, is not out of the question.

The quote of mine you responded to was specifically to his post that specified the twins.

You're right about Edler being rather young to pack it in. Thus if he wants to play on it will likely be with another team. Bieksa was in the same situation when he was traded. It's still the players choice though.

The reason I highly doubt the twins will change their minds is their interviews. Their children were born here, their friends are here and for themselves they've lived their adult life here. They've said several times they plan on staying here after retirement. Therefore they have no interest in playing anywhere else. Naslund on the other hand always planned on returning to Sweden.

40 minutes ago, Baggins said:

The quote of mine you responded to was specifically to his post that specified the twins.

You're right about Edler being rather young to pack it in. Thus if he wants to play on it will likely be with another team. Bieksa was in the same situation when he was traded. It's still the players choice though.

The reason I highly doubt the twins will change their minds is their interviews. Their children were born here, their friends are here and for themselves they've lived their adult life here. They've said several times they plan on staying here after retirement. Therefore they have no interest in playing anywhere else. Naslund on the other hand always planned on returning to Sweden.

I mostly agree about the Twins. (But never say never.)

I assumed the response was about Edler, since that is what the OP is about. I can understand the Twins decision not to move now. In fact I don't think another team would even take them now. The time to try that was a couple of years ago maybe. But I don't get why Edler seems so adamant about not leaving. You'd think he'd at least be open to it if it was to the right team. Like you said, he's still young enough to have an impact on a contender, even as a 4th D.

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:07 AM, canucker1971 said:

It doesn't. I am just saying the Canucks have a history of asking players with NTCs to waive, I couldn't care less about the Twins feelings. The team sucks, you need to rebuild properly and that means getting rid of the old guard. The Twins are what 38 almost? They are slow. They are now costing Canucks hockey games. You can't consistently lose your aging talent without stocking up for the future. And thats why the Canucks are in the organisational $&!# show.

So they make $7M each per year and according to you are slow and costing the team games but you expect a team to want to give us anything for them?

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, canucker1971 said:

Its called freedom of speach. I can choose whether I buy a ticket or not. And with the magnititude of mistakes the rookie President and GM have made since they took over something that is clearly over their hears, is very concerning to me.

They say they are rebuilding, just what moves have they made in the last year that indicates this???????????????????????????

Oh and by the way, Santa Claud and tooth ferry aren't real, sorry to break tha bad news to you.

A prospect pool that went from bottom of the league to top 10 in a few short years?

Getting Goldobin for Hansen?

Getting Dahlen for Burrows?

Archived