The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks turned down offer of a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson

Adarsh Sant

Fine by me.  Why settle on that price. Play him out the season.  See if his value has gone up by next deadline. There is no trade protection. Flip him later when u can sell him at 100% on dollar not 40c on the dollar.  If he keeps getting top pairing minutes and continues to show well he will be worth what we paid or more.

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

Botch is trying to stir the pot. That’s his job. He thrives off negativity because it gives him more to talk about

i wouldn’t make that deal either. 

I like him and Jpat for their humour on the patcast. but how they are treating this management and coach green is starting to tick me off.  Just looking to stir controversy.  I hope they take away their press credentials. and theoretically...  Jim said he is open to trading anyone on the roster if the right offer came. If someone knocked our socks off for Gudbranson I wouldn't be totally against moving him out even after the sell job.  But his style of physicality has been missing on our backend for nearly 2 decades.  Nice to have someone who can do something when required.  This team actually has a pulse now. No more taking shots and accepting face washes.  Now we got some bite.  I want that attitude staying. if Gudbranson brings that out in teammates he can stay as long as he is a constructive member on our D core. 

A 2nd and a 4th???

That's at least a 6th.

Then if they added a 3rd we would've had a 9th round pick.
But that's not a thing, so we'd carry over the 2 and have a 2nd round pick in 2019.

Problem is a 2nd round pick isn't that good, so we need one less round. If we traded them a first then we could have an 8th round pick, but carried over that's a 1st round pick.

Now the whole thing is a farce if the draft picks don't carry over. To make this happen we need the pubis of a 24 year old fringe roster player as the catalytic ingredient to actually make us get a 1st round pick.

To TEAM:
Erik Gudbranson
1st round pick

TO VAN:
2nd round pick
4th round pick
3rd round pick
24yo fringe NHLer

Archived