The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks turned down offer of a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson

Adarsh Sant

On 2/22/2018 at 6:58 AM, Rush17 said:

Fine by me.  Why settle on that price. Play him out the season.  See if his value has gone up by next deadline. There is no trade protection. Flip him later when u can sell him at 100% on dollar not 40c on the dollar.  If he keeps getting top pairing minutes and continues to show well he will be worth what we paid or more.

I don't think Gudbranson could have gotten through team any higher than a 2nd round pick . Gudbranson is a shut down D-Man 

54 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I don't think Gudbranson could have gotten through team any higher than a 2nd round pick . Gudbranson is a shut down D-Man 

we needed to move at least one of our D and Guddy would have been a 2nd rounder i think but we will never know. He still can be traded at the deadline as he is signed now.

He is a complimentary player.  His value is net front presence.  

I understand the team team getting these complementary players in place.... but we... um... hmmm... don’t we need a core at the Center of these players first?

guess the idea is to get a complementary cast permanently in place and then when the stars show up we can start the show.

but all the resources taken to meld the complement detracts from efforts to get the stars.   And for some teams the stars never arrive.... Only way this works is if we win another 2 lotteries.  I consider us having won last years lottery - at least based on early ephemeral returns (win = having top 6 forward or top 2 d).... jury is out but glass is half full...

Archived