The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] Bring back the minus?

Toni Zamboni

[POLL] Bring back the minus?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some things to be considered before voting:

- bringing back the minus means its unlimited...they cant limit it to 1 a day like in the past...some people may abuse this.

- if minus is re-instated, should the site rules be updated to reflect minus abuse and punishments for abusers that neg bomb threads or certain users.
- should there be guidelines for what is acceptable and considered abuse
- without the minus, we have seen a new wave of trolls, troll threads and posts.
- if we dont have the minus, should we have symbol/emoji that reflects our view as a negative…the minus emoji.

comments and open dialogue for and against are welcome…

18 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

- if we dont have the minus, should we have symbol/emoji that reflects our view as a negative…the minus emoji.

Why stop there?  We could have emojis for almost any situation...

Trolls

Wall of text

Just plain confusing

Poor grammar

Redundant

Mini-mod

So many possibilities.

13 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

No use for it imo. If you don't agree with someone, reply to their post to refute their point. If you don't feel strongly enough about it, just move past the post.

While I mostly agree, however sometimes it's a waste of time replying to someone who has no intention of listening to your argument. IE. the small group of posters that are still stuck worshiping the era of 80's NHL hockey. In this case, it's just easier to hit the minus button. 

3 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

While I mostly agree, however sometimes it's a waste of time replying to someone who has no intention of listening to your argument. IE. the small group of posters that are still stuck worshiping the era of 80's NHL hockey. In this case, it's just easier to hit the minus button. 

You outlined the exact reason why they should not bring the minus button. It just gives posters a platform to lazily (no offense) voice their concerns about someone else's opinion. Posters do tend to get really petty with it.

5 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Ignore them?

While I think of it I would rather have the ignore feature enhanced. When someone is on ignore I would prefer I didn't even notice their existence here at all.

18 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

7 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

You outlined the exact reason why they should not bring the minus button. It just gives posters a platform to lazily (no offense) voice their concerns about someone else's opinion. Posters do tend to get really petty with it.

You want to minus me, don't you? :lol:

People are way too hung up on upvotes and downvotes here IMO. They don't even do anything. If anything, it just promotes people to be even more petty and argumentative.

Edit: If I was SN, and people were crying about downvotes to me, I'd get rid of the things too. It's not worth the drama that comes with it.

Archived