The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] Bring back the minus?

Toni Zamboni

[POLL] Bring back the minus?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, tbone909 said:

I like the Emoji minus idea. Trolls are gonna troll regardless if you have a minus or not.

Some trollers/ negative nellies/ tough alpha dudes seem to enjoy the status that a minus rep brings. Minus miners will increase, trolls will not go away. When the minus option was here, I used it against the same small handful of posters. Gets to the point where you don't even read their stuff, just neg them and read the next post.

1 hour ago, Vanuckles said:

No use for it imo. If you don't agree with someone, reply to their post to refute their point. If you don't feel strongly enough about it, just move past the post.

might as well remove reputation altogether then.

40 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

You want to minus me, don't you? :lol:

Nope, if a minus was still allowed, I assume you could only use one in a 24 hour period, so it would be a waste to use it on you. ;) 

With that said, I disagree that the minus a "lazy" way to voice your opinion. As I mentioned, you only get one in 24 hours, so I usually think about it before I use it. Believe what you want, but I think it's an effective tool. Can't say for sure if it works great in this platform, but it's effective on platforms like Reddit. 

56 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Ignore them?

While I think of it I would rather have the ignore feature enhanced. When someone is on ignore I would prefer I didn't even notice their existence here at all.

I log onto CDC for information, discussion and most of all entertainment. As much as I disagree with a lot of these posters, I welcome all opinions whether I disagree with them or not. Who knows, there might be something they post and I agree with. 

40 minutes ago, Incursio said:

People are way too hung up on upvotes and downvotes here IMO. They don't even do anything. If anything, it just promotes people to be even more petty and argumentative.

Edit: If I was SN, and people were crying about downvotes to me, I'd get rid of the things too. It's not worth the drama that comes with it.

I update my resume every week with my most current reputation.  We all do right?   Right?

3 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Nope, if a minus was still allowed, I assume you could only use one in a 24 hour period, so it would be a waste to use it on you. ;) 

With that said, I disagree that the minus a "lazy" way to voice your opinion. As I mentioned, you only get one in 24 hours, so I usually think about it before I use it. Believe what you want, but I think it's an effective tool. Can't say for sure if it works great in this platform, but it's effective on platforms like Reddit. 

Don't you think it would be more fun to have a minus emoji, like a BIG Thumb's Down?  Then we could use it a lot, because it wouldn't effect the overall bonus score thing.  

I've never used it but it should return. Does a plus really matter if there is no minus? 

Anyone hung up on an internet rep should get a good circle of support around them, get lots of sleep, exercise and eat well. Therapy and even medication should be considered if the pain of not being loved enough by random anonymous internet users does not subside. If that still doesn't work, perhaps try turning your face away from the screen and going outside. This may result in encounters with actual living humans. Do not be concerned, for the time being, the outside 3D world ( real life for you older people) does not yet have a reputation system implemented. Never mind that Black Mirror episode, we're not there yet!

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Captain Picard facepalm reaction emoji?

Could also use a 'laughing' emoji for posts that make me google like a school girl. They added the 'Go Canada' one but somehow it seems inappropriate to add the flag to some funny posts and it strikes me as impermanent.

2 hours ago, pluralsight said:

1) We can't limit to one in 24 hours anymore.

2) 100% disagree that it's effective on Reddit. Reddit is a case-study on manipulation through a 'reputation' system. 

In the new school system now...  every kid gets a ribbon for participating.  Winning and losing no longer happens to kids......

So in the spirit of this new society...

I propose every time you post here  you automatically get a  PLUS  added to your score.

Everybody wins... Everyone is a winner...  ALL the time.

Welcome to the future...

perhaps instead of the minus, we can have another reaction... like "you're drunk!" ... "too much bc bud in this post" ... stuff like that. Where it's not actually a straight up minus but gets your point across to the poster.

edit: on second thought, that would be bad... i feel like i'd get those all the time. no minus at all! :lol:

Archived