The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Coward - Parkland Armed School Resource Officer Never Went Into The School During Shooting

SabreFan1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Absolutely not.  But then the US allows gun owners to buy military grade weapons with little more than a pink piece of paper and no training so what is the exact point you're trying to make?

because more people died between January and April of last year of gun violence than did people in air traffic incidents in America.

In the last 4 years.

So....your point is?

Errr.... where can you do this exactly? AR-15's aren't military grade weapons...

My point is the first post of mine you quoted today

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

Errr.... where can you do this exactly? AR-15's aren't military grade weapons...

My point is the first post of mine you quoted today

An Ar-15 is a semi automatic military style and inspired assault rifle.  A slightly less high powered version of the US Militarys M-16 assault rifle.

It isn't a sporting rifle.  It isn't a hunting rifle.  It isn't a practical concealed carry weapon either.

Therefore....I mean again, I guess we shouldn't let that guy fly that plane but give him has damned gun back

Just now, Warhippy said:

An Ar-15 is a semi automatic military style and inspired assault rifle.  A slightly less high powered version of the US Militarys M-16 assault rifle.

It isn't a sporting rifle.  It isn't a hunting rifle.  It isn't a practical concealed carry weapon either.

Therefore....I mean again, I guess we shouldn't let that guy fly that plane but give him has damned gun back

Nope an AR-15 is not an assault rifle. Basically is looks mean so people hate it. I have 22lr that look mean too

36 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yes, it may be "stylistically" a military rifle... because like Forsberg said, it looks mean... but it's not a military grade weapon

46 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Nope an AR-15 is not an assault rifle. Basically is looks mean so people hate it. I have 22lr that look mean too

9 minutes ago, Dral said:

Yes, it may be "stylistically" a military rifle... because like Forsberg said, it looks mean... but it's not a military grade weapon

Just because it is an armalite style weapon does not mean it is anything BUT a weapon of assault.  My gods you kids refuse to simply accept the fact these types of weapons have little purpose in the normal world and will bend every possible word to justify your cases.

This IS in fact an assault style weapon modeled after the M16 and while only semi automatic can in fact be modified fairly easily.  It has no purpose in the normal world as it is not a hunting or sporting rifle and is pretty damned useless for protection or concealed carry

You can have your opinions and I can have mine.  But my two muzzle loaders are hunting weapons.  My old M9 baretta was a defence piece and my old .30-06 Spring was a serviceable sporting rifle.

But at no point in time is an AR-15 useful in any one of those situations and there's little anyone can do or say that's going to change that opinion of mine.

The US has a ridiculously lax licensing and registration system and comparing that to a pilot who needs endless hours just to be able to sit in a cockpit is as laughable a comparitive argument as one could make.

Nothing will ever change my mind in that the AR-15 and weapons styled after it or styled after military purpose arms have no purpose in civilian hands

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just because it is an armalite style weapon does not mean it is anything BUT a weapon of assault.  My gods you kids refuse to simply accept the fact these types of weapons have little purpose in the normal world and will bend every possible word to justify your cases.

This IS in fact an assault style weapon modeled after the M16 and while only semi automatic can in fact be modified fairly easily.  It has no purpose in the normal world as it is not a hunting or sporting rifle and is pretty damned useless for protection or concealed carry

You can have your opinions and I can have mine.  But my two muzzle loaders are hunting weapons.  My old M9 baretta was a defence piece and my old .30-06 Spring was a serviceable sporting rifle.

But at no point in time is an AR-15 useful in any one of those situations and there's little anyone can do or say that's going to change that opinion of mine.

The US has a ridiculously lax licensing and registration system and comparing that to a pilot who needs endless hours just to be able to sit in a cockpit is as laughable a comparitive argument as one could make.

Nothing will ever change my mind in that the AR-15 and weapons styled after it or styled after military purpose arms have no purpose in civilian hands

Calgary is a city in Alberta = fact. 

Canucks are a NHL team = fact

AR-15 is a assault rifle, does not = fact

you can make excuses up for uses and purposes but is still doesn’t change the facts. 

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Although the idea of arming teachers is god damn insane, I can't help but believe this is some kind of demonstration/protest against the idea of arming teachers.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Although the idea of arming teachers is god damn insane, I can't help but believe this is some kind of demonstration/protest against the idea of arming teachers.

No protest.  He snapped.  He wouldn't let students into class and when they kept trying, he locked the door.  When a principle showed up with the key, he told them to stay out and that he had a gun, then fired it shortly thereafter.  Firing a bullet inside of a building isn't smart.  Besides a bullet ricochet, the bullets fired can go through ceilings, doors, or walls.

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's like you're trying to play a game of semantics... "a weapon of assault" ... " an assault style weapon"

Someone used a knife to assault another person, therefore it's an assault weapon.... except, that's not how it works....

Yes, the word "Assault" is a verb, so you can use it to describe things, however the word "Assault Weapon" is defined as something other then what you are trying to use it for...

And yes, you can have your opinion, just like a flat earther can have their opinion.

22 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Calgary is a city in Alberta = fact. 

Canucks are a NHL team = fact

AR-15 is a assault rifle, does not = fact

you can make excuses up for uses and purposes but is still doesn’t change the facts. 

I don't give a randy shart wtf you think.

This is a weapon modeled and styled after the M16, a MILITARY WEAPON

It has no point or purpose in the real world outside of law enforcement other than to allow small men to flex their even tinier wieners while rolling coal in their awesome lifted trucks.

I hunt, I own guns and this is a useless weapon to me.  it is the equivalent of a shiny iPhone case for a 16 year old.  You only own one to feel cool about yourself.

Period

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎23 at 5:54 PM, JV77 said:

There is no purpose.  Why do you need to hunt?

Hunting animals from hundreds of feet with a gun while the poor animal can't defend itself or see it coming doesn't prove anything...Go hunt it with your bare hands or even a spear at least and you would prove something.

Your "hobby" and love for guns doesn't mean it serves a purpose.  It serves no needed purpose.

because every little town in the northern reach's of Canada ,DOES NOT HAVE a Walmart ,a safeway , a starbucks some towns do have a small store  , but its out of reach ,distance wise and financially. subsitance hunting has been ,still is ,and will continue to  be viewed as SURVIVAL. and I can assure  that no northerner  is going to worry about what some narrow minded city person has to say against it.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The guy is a teacher and he wants to arm teachers so ........ Make the connection.

Trump never said arm all teachers.... and he never said arm teachers without training... and he certainly never said arm this specific teacher

You're making connections that aren't there, and when you do these things to criticize people you don't like you polarize the situation even more.

There's plenty of things you can honestly criticize Trump for, so why be dishonest with your connections?

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

Trump never said arm all teachers.... and he never said arm teachers without training... and he certainly never said arm this specific teacher

You're making connections that aren't there, and when you do these things to criticize people you don't like you polarize the situation even more.

There's plenty of things you can honestly criticize Trump for, so why be dishonest with your connections?

Holy crap you are splitting hairs on this one. 

He wants to arm teachers, there are plenty of unstable teachers out there like this guy.  He easily could have been one of the teachers armed under a Trump sponsored arming program.  So say every state has one teacher like this that gets armed under a Trump program.  That's 50 unstable ticking time bombs with guns around children.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Holy crap you are splitting hairs on this one. 

He wants to arm teachers, there are plenty of unstable teachers out there like this guy.  He easily could have been one of the teachers armed under a Trump sponsored arming program.  So say every state has one teacher like this that gets armed under a Trump program.  That's 50 unstable ticking time bombs with guns around children.

No I'm not splitting hairs...

You and I have no idea what the policy surrounding arming teachers would have looked like under a Trump administration...  You're assuming there would be no training, no tests, no vetting process and anyone who wanted to do it could just bring a gun to school and do it... that's almost certainly not true.

Trump interrupted to say he wasn’t calling for all teachers to be armed, “a small portion that are very gun-adept.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/trumps-idea-of-arming-teachers-is-crazy-but-clarifying

You are either being clouded because of your hatred for your president or you are deliberately being dishonest... either way, I'll say it again, there are plenty of honest things to criticize him about. So stick to those

10 minutes ago, chon derry said:

because every little town in the northern reach's of Canada ,DOES NOT HAVE a Walmart ,a safeway , a starbucks some towns do have a small store  , but its out of reach ,distance wise and financially. subsitance hunting has been ,still is ,and will continue to  be viewed as SURVIVAL. and I can assure  that no northerner  is going to worry about what some narrow minded city person has to say against it.

And, even if hunters do have regular access to a typical grocery store, you rarely can get that kind of food there, right?.  I've never seen elk, deer, or other game available in the store.  Also, hunted food is healthier (free range, less exposure to pollution, fertilizers and other chemicals that much of our food gets), and expands the variety of our diet, which in turn improves our health.

I have fished, but never hunted.  As interesting as it would be to tromp through the bush and be among the wildlife, I don't want to kill them.  But, that's my personal choice, and I have no issue for those choose differently and legally hunt their own food.  I like it even better when I get to partake in the bounty :) 

Archived