The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Coward - Parkland Armed School Resource Officer Never Went Into The School During Shooting

SabreFan1

8 hours ago, Dral said:

You know what my problem with Hockey in Europe is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lokomotiv_Yaroslavl_plane_crash

8 hours ago, Dral said:

Yeah, you bring up a good point... the pilot was licensed and this still happened

8 hours ago, Dral said:

I doubt it would be substantial....  that's a case where capitalism and the free market would work itself out...

After all, would you fly on a plane where the pilot didn't have a proper training?

4 hours ago, Dral said:

would you fly on a plane where the pilot didn't have proper training?

11 minutes ago, Dral said:

I never said that and now you're being dishonest as well

Oh my mistake.

What argument or comparison were you trying to make again?

Just now, Dral said:

No I'm not splitting hairs...

You and I have no idea what the policy surrounding arming teachers would have looked like under a Trump administration...  You're assuming there would be no training, no tests, no vetting process and anyone who wanted to do it could just bring a gun to school and do it... that's almost certainly not true.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/trumps-idea-of-arming-teachers-is-crazy-but-clarifying

You are either being clouded because of your hatred for your president or you are deliberately being dishonest... either way, I'll say it again, there are plenty of honest things to criticize him about. So stick to those

You are falling for a piecemeal not well thought out proposal.  Trump wants to arm teachers the same way we arm cops.  Not just anybody can become a cop, they have to go through checks and training like Trump would want to do with the teachers that get armed, but there are still waaaaay too many crappy cops who flat out murder people on the job.

Now put those kind of people in a building with hundreds of kids, someone will eventually go crazy and start shooting at the little b*stards.  It will happen without a doubt.

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You are falling for a piecemeal not well thought out proposal.  Trump wants to arm teachers the same way we arm cops.  Not just anybody can become a cop, they have to go through checks and training like Trump would want to do with the teachers that get armed, but there are still waaaaay too many crappy cops who flat out murder people on the job.

Now put those kind of people in a building with hundreds of kids, someone will eventually go crazy and start shooting at the little b*stards.  It will happen without a doubt.

That's a much better criticism then "Trump wants to arm this particular crazy teacher"

However the idea that if you arm a teacher, give them the proper training (or check to make sure they already have it), they might one day go crazy and kill their students, where as if they never were able to do it, they would not go crazy and not kill kids is kind of weird...

If a teacher is sane and at some future date goes crazy and decides to shoot up a school, arming the teachers or not arming the teachers isn't going to make a difference... that teacher who "eventually goes crazy" can find a gun somewhere and do it regardless

18 minutes ago, Kragar said:

And, even if hunters do have regular access to a typical grocery store, you rarely can get that kind of food there, right?.  I've never seen elk, deer, or other game available in the store.  Also, hunted food is healthier (free range, less exposure to pollution, fertilizers and other chemicals that much of our food gets), and expands the variety of our diet, which in turn improves our health.

I have fished, but never hunted.  As interesting as it would be to tromp through the bush and be among the wildlife, I don't want to kill them.  But, that's my personal choice, and I have no issue for those choose differently and legally hunt their own food.  I like it even better when I get to partake in the bounty :) 

its not a chosen  life style thing   for those new to the  north going 'off grid 'it is , but for local native's or 2nd 3rd gen pioneering families that's the way it is. you have to have your birds ,fish ,deer ,moose no later than early fall , going to the store  isn't like going to the store ,

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

That's a much better criticism then "Trump wants to arm this particular crazy teacher"

However the idea that if you arm a teacher, give them the proper training (or check to make sure they already have it), they might one day go crazy and kill their students, where as if they never were able to do it, they would not go crazy and not kill kids is kind of weird...

If a teacher is sane and at some future date goes crazy and decides to shoot up a school, arming the teachers or not arming the teachers isn't going to make a difference... that teacher who "eventually goes crazy" can find a gun somewhere and do it regardless

I was being facetious about him arming that particular teacher... How did you not understand that?

Giving them ready access to a gun at the moment they get angry is a disaster waiting to happen.

------------

This teacher, when he snapped, attacked students using a belt.  Imagine if he had a gun.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You're either scr*wing with me now for a reaction or you've reverted to becoming an 8 year old.  Either way, our conversation has come to an end.

Your first couple of responses after I called you out on it pretty much guarantee you weren't being facetious. It's ok though, I accept your apology

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

Your first couple of responses after I called you out on it pretty much guarantee you weren't being facetious. It's ok though, I accept your apology

You are a jack*ss when you argue in the Trump thread and you're being a jack*ss in this thread.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

That (kind of) sounds like people driving cars, who cause serious harm to others by speeding (illegal) driving recklessly (illegal).  Many of these drivers, who cause serious harm, were law abiding citizens until they weren't. 

Yes, guns cause horrible damage, but so do cars - when not driven within the laws.

I guess this could be viewed as a 'straw man' tangent, but I think it does relate.  It's the use of these two (guns and cars) that become the real issue, and not the actual inanimate object, no?   

The difference is, cars serve a purpose, other than being potential weapons.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You are a jack*ss when you argue in the Trump thread and you're being a jack*ss in this thread.

I thought I was being the bigger person.... seriously though, I'm ok with that....

as for the Trump thread...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Dral said:

I thought I was being the bigger person.... seriously though, I'm ok with that....

as for the Trump thread...

You weren't but I don't want to end up stuck in this thread for the next 2 hours arguing whether Trump knows every teacher in the country. 

You made your points, I made mine so the conversation has pretty much run it's course.

2 hours ago, Dral said:

Do you really not follow how that conversation went down?

No sir, and I apologized for interrupting I was looking for clarification as it literally looks like you're trying to equate or compare unlicensed pilots to unlicensed gun owners as though they're the same.

Honestly just looking for clarification on that as that's the premise I was going under

I think this story outlines quite nicely why owning guns will always be more important than the lives of children in the US:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/376121-pennsylvania-church-holds-ar-15-blessing-ceremony

The religious group, considered to be a cult by many, is led by the Rev. Sean Moon, who prayed at the ceremony for “a kingdom of peace police and peace militia where the citizens, through the right given to them by almighty God to keep and bear arms, will be able to protect one another and protect human flourishing," the AP said.

That's right folks. These people actually believe their right to bear arms is "God given"...:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No sir, and I apologized for interrupting I was looking for clarification as it literally looks like you're trying to equate or compare unlicensed pilots to unlicensed gun owners as though they're the same.

Honestly just looking for clarification on that as that's the premise I was going under

I was parodying Ruperts problem with the "Law abiding citizens" argument by showing 1 tragic story. He brought up the point that pilots were licensed - I just went with it because that makes my parody even stronger

People forget that security guards are there just to have some presence and make people feel secure. They aren't really trained to do what a S.W.A.T team does and they probably shot their gun as many times as I have in their lifetime and I don't actually have a gun. I'd probably would not enter the school either if I were him, because I would probably be another stat in a country where mass shootings are routine now.

Archived