Grabner's career is interesting

Good 20 game stint with Vancouver

Traded in offseason

Waived

Claimed off waivers, has a great rookie season

Sucks for 4 years

Signs with Rangers, back to back 25+ goal seasons

Now worth a 2nd+prospect at the deadline

156 goals, 88 assists, almost a 2:1 goal assist ratio.

1 minute ago, captainhorvat said:

Gotta feeling this mondays tdl show for tsn and sportsnet will be like watching paint dry..

I'll pass on watching that show. It's hit and miss. Some years. Waiting for something to happen and nothing did. Major waste of my time. So I'll just check on reddit or here on the trades page and we who's moving. 

Rangers announced their rebuild like a month ago and have already acquired more picks than the Canucks in the past 2 years.

Apparently to Benning picks are like gold this deadline? They're being traded like crazy right now

Get to work Benning and maybe focus on picks instead of "hockey trades" which is just GM's trying to take advantage of you.

1 minute ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Rangers announced their rebuild like a month ago and have already acquired more picks than the Canucks in the past 2 years.

Apparently to Benning picks are like gold this deadline? They're being traded like crazy right now

Get to work Benning and maybe focus on picks instead of "hockey trades" which is just GM's trying to take advantage of you.

Rangers had a ton more expandable assets.

6 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

2nd or 3rd I'm guessing 

I've maintained that he's worth a 2nd, but we might be able to get that up to a late round 1st if we include something else back with the right team. 4th rounder or something 

I would argue that his value is not that far off what Grabner is, similar cap hit, Grabner is greased lightening, Vanek is slower, but a better overall play maker and probably a more rounded overall player. Both tend to be a little more absent in playoffs when the tempo and physicality is at a higher level.

9 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

It's the start for them. Some good times right now collecting picks for tradeable assets. Then no more assets to trade. Then lots of work to do. They will suck for awhile too. 

Archived