The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Media Vs. the Fans

dpn1

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎23 at 9:19 AM, TimberWolf said:

It's very simple. If we agree with it, it's fair and balanced news and if we disagree it's fake

Yeah last few seasons CBC, Sportsnet, TSN, Team1040, ESPN, The Province, The Vancouver Sun, The National Post, The Hockey News, Yahoo Sports, Vegas Oddsmakers, Bleacher Report, and Vice Sports News were all labeled idiots because they didn't like our "rebuild."   The homers on CDC are obviously way smarter. 

The Toronto Sports Network is called that for a reason, CBC and that Dufus attacking Burrows, and then hacks recent singling out Guddy, 1040 will chew one single criticism to the bone for 2 hours ad nauseum, dismissing opposing ideas on air (when I listened to them, I don't anymore), when we were getting bizarre 7 minute 2 man advantages against where was the support from analysts anywhere--tumbleweeds. (Even now going long stretches without a single PP. (as Green pointed out the other day)  

TV scheduling screw-ups, Leafs/Alberta 3rd periods (many times the games have already been decided will continue to air) while we miss a chunk of our game starts.

The Hockey News and National Post don't have a clue about anything Canucks and really couldn't be bothered.

I prefer local guys that have a feel for the team and who live here and care about the city. And reflect that in their posts. That's why I miss the old SportsPage. That old group of guys that brought the nightly analysis and knew the true character of the team. Not force fed opinions from the eastern media.

57 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

(Even now going long stretches without a single PP. (as Green pointed out the other day) 

I don't know he should complain too much about that, the Nucks have been getting away with all kinds of things, lots of holding, interference, slashing, tripping way more stuff than I have ever seen them get away with, almost one sided playoff type reffing in their favour, only with no hitting in the games.

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I don't know he should complain too much about that, the Nucks have been getting away with all kinds of things, lots of holding, interference, slashing, tripping way more stuff than I have ever seen them get away with, almost one sided playoff type reffing in their favour, only with no hitting in the games.

I think Green is acclimating to the denizen of league refs and linesman.

My sense is Green isn't going to take a bad game lying down. He'll voice his opinions which I like. If refs make a brain fart the coach should be able to question it.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Green is acclimating to the denizen of league refs and linesman.

My sense is Green isn't going to take a bad game lying down. He'll voice his opinions which I like. If refs make a brain fart the coach should be able to question it.

Rookie coaches need to learn the same as rookie players. id like to see us stop whining and bitching at the refs also. Only because we have seen what it can do to you

Archived